How Often Do You Change / Wash Bedsheets ?

Options

Replies

• tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have hardwood floors and it is almost impossible to keep dirt out of my bed so about every two days. Otherwise I'd be gross and lay in it for like 2 weeks lol
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I also had to google "*kitten*"..... sorry that I did lol
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Jeeves changes my bedsheets twice weekly.

It's not nice to call your mom Jeeves.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm SHOCKED at the replies. I keep seven sets on hand and I change them daily. Anyone every heard of dust mites? Bed bugs?

Every Day?!? So you're the reason for the water shortage.

:laugh: yeah i think she would freak at my house... once a month... unless you know... the kids go to bed early and the hubs gives me the "i dont care if you are tired, have a head ach, or what time of the month it is" look... then its like 2xs a month...:ohwell:
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm SHOCKED at the replies. I keep seven sets on hand and I change them daily. Anyone every heard of dust mites? Bed bugs?

:laugh: yeah i think she would freak at my house... once a month... unless you know... the kids go to bed early and the hubs gives me the "i dont care if you are tired, have a head ach, or what time of the month it is" look... then its like 2xs a month...:ohwell:

washing your sheets does not get rid of bed bugs, just an fyi
    gI_1_bb101.gif.jpg
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options

LOL I said 4 days a week. I travel 4 days a week and the hotel does it. To be honest, I don't change sheets at home.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Wait! Hold the phone. We can own more than one set? Why wasn't I told?

We can't. For some reason whenever we have more than one set of sheets our rottie takes it upon herself to destroy them.

Ideally I'd do it once a week but is usually ends up every 3 weeks.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I used to change every week. But, now with 2 kids and living in a house with 4 bedrooms, it is every other week. It is a WO changing sheets in my house.
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    I hated changing sheets because I had the same ones for YEARS and finally got some new ones. I've gone 6 months without changing because our old washer / drier couldn't handle it. We now have an HE washer && dryer; Just changed my sheets after 3 months (from one new set to another new set) simply because I'm still so glad I got new sheets !

#monsterhighrules

Really ? every 3 months not to mention 6 months ??
    It should be every week you change them, sorry !!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday at minimum, but sooner if it's been a um...um...um...productive week?

^^ This
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

LOL I said 4 days a week. I travel 4 days a week and the hotel does it. To be honest, I don't change sheets at home.

I don't have "staff" to do my housework for me.In spite of that fact, I've never had any mites or bugs...
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I don't have "staff" to do my housework for me.In spite of that fact, I've never had any mites or bugs...

You need staff to do 10 minutes of housework?

Why even bother showering if you're just going to crawl into a filthy bed?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I haven't washed or changed the sheets in 25 years. That's my wife's chore.
  • Trishsimon
    Options

What a lucky woman :grumble:
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm at the upper limit...maybe once a month. BUT I don't make the bed, I pull the blankets off and let the sheets "air out" in the morning. I don't like putting the clean sheets back on to the bed. I have short arms.

i do this too!!! Making them is for special occassions.

Agreed. No one sees my room except my boyfriend and obviously he doesn't care. Bed only gets made when I change the sheets or someone is coming over. I go between 2 weeks to a month.
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Probably about 2 times a month. Sometimes maybe once a month.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday at minimum, but sooner if it's been a um...um...um...productive week?

Haha Love it! U go girl!
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Every time I *kitten*, which is 2 or 3 times a day.

um EWWWW TMI!! LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

What a lucky woman :grumble:

Don't judge. That wasn't a sexist comment. Just a statement regarding a division of labor.

She cleans the upstairs and the kitchen.

I clean the downstairs, do all the cooking and do the yardwork.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Every time I *kitten*, which is 2 or 3 times a day.

um EWWWW TMI!! LOL

Welcome to MFP :wink:
This discussion has been closed.