Traded in my Breasts for a Skinnier Me

Options
Hey everyone! I am feeling pretty good about an 18 pound weight loss right now (from 178 to 160 and counting) but have been feeling incredibly depressed about the condition my boobs have been left in :S

I have often been on the chubbier side and have always had great breasts that looked really nice in the right bra or top. Well a pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight loss later and my beautiful boobs are no more...mostly what I have now is excess skin with a boob on the end. With bathing suit season coming up I am feeling extra self conscious and wistful for my bigger boobs.

Just looking for a place to vent and maybe find someone who had success with a breast augmentation which I have been thinking about a lot. I plan to have one more baby and then this may be something I look in to getting done...I feel really shallow to be so concerned about it but it is really taking a toll on my confidence. :(

Replies

• dalekhunter
    dalekhunter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I never had huge boobs, except for when I was breastfeeding. I went up to a C cup. Now I have an A cup. Maybe. I tried on swimsuits the other day and the push-up tops for A cups were way too big. I'll be shopping in the junior section this summer.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I get what you mean, I haven't had any kids yet, but I was always chubby and as a result had a nice full chest. Now that I lost 20 pounds, I'm no longer chubby, but my boobs are way smaller than ever before. You're not shallow for being concerned about it, my chest is honestly one of the main reasons I'm considering stopping at "average" instead of going for more "fit" body type. Being a size 6 would be nice, but not if I'm an A up top :/
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    reward yourself with implants..

problem solved...
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have always been busty, I want my boobs gone! They cause my severe back pains and I feel weighed down. I'm happy to announce that I got fitted today and I'm down 2 cup sizes I'm just a D cup now instead of a DDD. I have about 25 pound left to drop and I'm hoping to be a C cup by then. Fingers crossed, because I want my back pain to go away.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Implants are an option. Or a lift.
    If that isn't the route you want to take or you want something in the meantime, you just need to buy a good bathing suit top (or suit), just like buying a good bra. There are lots out there that can do wonders, its a matter of choosing the right one. You will pay a little more but it can help.
  • dbrowitt
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I hate my big boobs. They cause back pain, they bounce with everything I do, and I always have to get bigger shirts or look slutty because they are always popping out. I'm really hoping that they go down the more weight I lose. I feel like bigger boobs make people look bigger or chubbier than they actually are. But I guess the grass is always greener on the other side isn't it?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I pretty much traded my boobs for leanness and while I wish I had at least a full B, I would not gain the weight back. Thank god my S/O is a butt man ;)
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I think the healthiest thing to do is just accept that it happened.

You can't be on top forever. What about when you're 70?

A boob job is not gonna make you young again, it will just make you a person with a boob job.

Even if you buy a little time with implants, it won't fix the reality that we all age.

Age gracefully with dignity and be strong enough to accept what is going on.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. When I'm big, I squeeze into a C, and when I'm normal weight I'm not quite a B. I'm trying to do more upper body strength stuff, so that at least I will have definition somewhere up top, but it won't be front and center. Oh well :(
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options

A boob job is not gonna make you young again, it will just make you a person with a boob job.

Even if you buy a little time with implants, it won't fix the reality that we all age.

Really?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

In for some guy with a pic of a shirtless guy for an avatar to tell me how I should feel.

Is that your plan for when you are done breastfeeding and/or losing weight?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    reward yourself with implants..

problem solved...

And post pics. For um. Support. Yes. Support.
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Buy the silicon bra inserts...they work on bathingsuits too...they are awesome!
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I've always had small boobs. I've always been self conscious about that. I went from a 34B to a barely 32B after my weight loss. I'm pretty sure I'm really a 32A though.. It doesn't sound like a big difference but it really took a toll on my self esteem. I used to cry when I saw myself naked lol. Right now I'm focusing on making my body more proportioned. I've always been pear shaped. With weight lifting I'm able to sculpt my body in a way. I'm more confident now that my legs & butt are smaller but I still feel self conscious sometimes. The only thing stopping me from getting a breast augmentation is that I'm going to be starting a family soon.
    With exercise, you can build a bigger butt but you can't build bigger boobs. If implants is what you want then go for it! But I would wait until I finish having kids. Why buy beautiful boobs if pregnancy will ruin them?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

brah - you should change your name to douche….geez you are a horrible troll…
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I've seen some awesome implant boobies. And my friend's confidence went through the roof when she got them.

Depending on how much mammary tissue you have and how big you want them, a lift may be enough to make you happy. The doctor will know.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

In for some guy with a pic of a shirtless guy for an avatar to tell me how I should feel.

Despite the sexism I will say that sometimes an outsider perspective is the best perspective.

Anyway, none of this is about specifically the female condition, its about insecurity.

Considering how science teaches us that a woman's biological tendency is to be prone to feeling like "an emotional wreck" the smart thing is to give the advice to "ignore your emotions" because they are an invalid expression of your chemical imbalance.

Its even further appropriate a male responded because that is traditionally what you need us around for, to be a pillar (hopefully) of mental stability during the times when the female psyche tends to have anxiety due to biological predisposition of our DNA.

But again, this is about insecurity first and foremost. She said so herself, its taking a toll on her "confidence" and my reaction was that like most people looking for plastic surgery, it won't fix your confidence. At least not for long.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I've seen some awesome implant boobies. And my friend's confidence went through the roof when she got them.

Depending on how much mammary tissue you have and how big you want them, a lift may be enough to make you happy. The doctor will know.

She's a mom with soon two kids.

She not out there hitting the clubs getting attention for her tits from guys lol.

Its a simpler ego thing, like the ghost of your past and your identity falling to a lower rung.

You shouldn't want that if you're married anyway, especially if your assertion of ego comes from a sexually oriented source.
  • butterfly173173173
    Options
    I think all body shapes and boob sizes are beautiful. I have always been a B cup, but when I finally get down to my goal weight I plan on being an A cup and I'm going to flaunt it. Love what your body naturally has. Women with A cup or below can wear pretty bandeau tops under flowy shirts without having to worry about their boobs flashing someone or moving around to much. They can also go without bras in certain situations and that's a big pro! Stop worrying about what society's and the media's opinions on what "great breasts" are and realize that you're still just as sexy and feminine as any other woman out there. Big and little boobs have been around since the beginning of time and ALL boobs are great! The grass is always greener and all that ;) Hope you're happy no matter what you decide.
  • Annamanana
    Options

Despite the sexism I will say that sometimes an outsider perspective is the best perspective.

Anyway, none of this is about specifically the female condition, its about insecurity.

Considering how science teaches us that a woman's biological tendency is to be prone to feeling like "an emotional wreck" the smart thing is to give the advice to "ignore your emotions" because they are an invalid expression of your chemical imbalance.

Its even further appropriate a male responded because that is traditionally what you need us around for, to be a pillar (hopefully) of mental stability during the times when the female psyche tends to have anxiety due to biological predisposition of our DNA.

But again, this is about insecurity first and foremost. She said so herself, its taking a toll on her "confidence" and my reaction was that like most people looking for plastic surgery, it won't fix your confidence. At least not for long.
    I started to respond to this silly attempt at provocation, but am more proud of myself now that I haven't.