You asked for it... Cauli-crust pizza (pics)

Options

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump! Bump! Bump!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Oh my! That looked REALLY good!!! I will be stealing this recipe ;)

Thanks!! :)
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yummo
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    trying this tonight---bump so I can pictures
  • RyanEli
    RyanEli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had this last night and it was really good. Thank you for sharing. :)
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Bump gotta check it out at home when I can see pics! :)
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    making it again tonight! I love it!!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    the before pic looks gross but the cooked pic looks delish !!!!!! i could eat all that right now !!! lol

being from the UK I have never heard of egg beaters ??? did u put herbs in too ?

Amanda, it's there just under different names. Look for "No Egg," made by OrgraN, "Egg Replacer" by Ener-G,

Google, egg replacement and you'll find quite a few. Also try Eggnation.uk.co
  • I can't wait to try it- Jessica Seinfeld was on Rachel Ray the other day doing all KINDS of things with cauliflower that got me thinking. Think this will be my first attempt- thank you for the great pics and temptingly inspirational 308 calorie modifications!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Made this for dinner this evening. Won't be making it again. Despite loads of spray on the baking pan, it stuck and had to be scrapped onto our plates.

It tasted OK, but would have been better as a "snack" as it was far from filling. We walked away from the table hungry.

I added two ounces of cooked italian sausage that almost doubled the calorie count. Frankly, I could have made a tomato and green pepper scramble that would have been more satisfying for fewer calories. :cry:
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    bump...going to try this around TOM time, when I crave pizza/carbs! Thanks
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Made this for dinner this evening. Won't be making it again. Despite loads of spray on the baking pan, it stuck and had to be scrapped onto our plates.

It tasted OK, but would have been better as a "snack" as it was far from filling. We walked away from the table hungry.

I added two ounces of cooked italian sausage that almost doubled the calorie count. Frankly, I could have made a tomato and green pepper scramble that would have been more satisfying for fewer calories. :cry:

as you'll notice in my first pic my crust is on wax paper to cook the first time, when i take it out for toppings i take it off the wax paper...

at just a lil over 300 cal with the toppings i included and about 10" big.... I found it quite filling about equivalent of a healthy chicken and veggies with a lil rice meal except for when im craving pizza.

can also use the *crust* to make taco shells :O)

sorry you didn't find it satisfying but on it's own or with a big salad i think it's fabulous!
  • HOPEful27
    Options
    I made these over the weekend. You should have lined the pan w/ parchment paper, the crust slides right off. I made 5 pizzas & my family loved them. I admit I was a bit skeptical, after you mix everything together & spread it on the pan it does not look very good, but the end result is awesome. It even tears apart just like bread, it is the craziest thing! My son just put EVOO & parmesean cheese on top of his, it was so good!
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This would be great to make mini pizzas for when guests come over too! Thanks for posting!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Omg I just made this and it was fantastic!! Nice to feel like you're having a real treat when it's that good for you! Thanks :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    bump! i love cauliflower and this will make an awesome lunch some day this week! thanks :bigsmile:
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump yummo
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Bump again