Excess skin after 170 pound weight loss (*warning, pics)

Options

Replies

• prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i applaude you for your dedication, hard journey, and most of all your bravery and positive outlook!
    you are truly an inspiriation. my sister is 300 lbs and won't lose weight for fear of loose skin which she cannot afford to have removed.
    i just want to say CONGRATS and you look fabulous!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I want to see the current pics to see how it turned out.

Great job, btw!
  • positivechic1978
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on all of your progress!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have lost 138pds and I did it through diet and exercise. I have lots of loose skin and also get that question! What I dont get is people would rather stay big than lose weight and have skin! My clothes hide my skin and no one knows it. I do not have the money to get surgery to get it removed so I live with it! The skin is one hundred times better than being over 330pds!!

Congrats to you! You look great!
  • CherAnn21
    Options
    I had a hip-to-hip tummy tuck after my weight loss 3 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I was amazed at the transformation. I'd do it all over again!!! Congratulations on your success!!!
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    I guess as long as my husband still loves me and thinks I'm attractive that's all that matters :)

The really important people in life is all that matters. So smile at your body and relish in the fact that you did it and you had a supportive husband beside you loving you for you the entire ride!:heart:
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    Kikkipoo, did you lose all of you weight naturally! Either way, way to go! I agree it takes courage to to post those pictures. It takes even more courage to love yourself even when what you see in the mirror is not at all what you expected it to be. I hope to one day not say I'm in onederland but I lost onederland! Congrats to you on losing onederland plus. That's a huge accomplishment.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I did not lose it totally naturally. I had gastric bypass in 2003. I lost a considerable amount with that and then since then I have had 2 more kids and still teeter about 30 pounds heavier than I was in the after pic. These days I'm doing the same things as the majority of the rest of you. Trying to make good eating choices and exercise.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing and being so honest. You are amazing!!
  • eratess
    eratess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are so brave. I can't even begin to imagine having the courage to put that out there for everyone. You are truly amazing.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    you're an inspiration. thank you for sharing. you should be soooo very proud of yourself. you are beautiful. dang insurance, since studies prove that when a person loses weight, your cost to the companies is so much less that they would pay for the skin surgery. . good luck on your future add'n to your family.
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    The difference between the before and after is amazing. You look great!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This is fabulous!! You are brave, and you should be proud!! You are AWESOME!
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful andthank you so much for posting that. It relly does wonders to be able to see whay it may look like and what to expect. I have a goal of loseing 150 so this gives me a good idea of what to expect
  • kikkipoo
    Options
    Thank you to everyone. As you can see this is a super old post, but I'm still here and I'm still doing my thing! It's all about lifestyle, right?!? Believe me, it took a lot of years to become comfortable enough with myself and my body to be proud enough of where I have come and where I am in order to post these. Everyone's journey is different, but sometimes it helps to see things that aren't from a rose colored lens.
  • kikkipoo
    Options
    Bump for a friend who couldn't find it
  • rferrar1
    rferrar1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think you look phenomenal.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for having the courage to post this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!