Lost 10 lbs and decided it was time to sabatoge it all!

Options
2»

Replies

• Erinelda
    Options
    You sound a lot like me, eating a whole pizza because I am already fat and not trusting that I might be losing weight. So I threw out everything with a long ingredient list and filled the house with whole foods and produce.. binge on that sucka xD (me not you).. And it has preventing my binging 100% even on shopping days. I still 'splurge' on shopping days but good luck ruining my diet getting into the new fruits and vegetables. I shopped yesterday and I 'binged' on sugar snap peas and juice diluted with coconut water. I was so full before I did much damage. The more clean food you eat the better it tastes. That I promise. Also if it isn't there, you wont eat it.

So far I like what I am eating but I have no clue if it's working. I do know it helped the binging and I feel better though. It feel like the blind leading the blind but I can tell you one thing right now. The food guilt has nearly completely stopped in the last couple weeks and I stop telling myself I am fat and gross nearly as often because I am trying my best.
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    After I hit a weight goal, instead of celebrating by eating I do a 36 hour fast to take off more weight. Of course, almost everyone who posts in my topic thinks I am "doing it all wrong" and gives me crap for fasting. Ah, the bitterness around here.....
  • Erinelda
    Options
    I agree with fasting. It gives your body a break to repair and clear out toxins. As long as you don't shock your system with abrupt stops and starts. I fast when I am not hungry. It is a sure fire way for me to tell my body needs nothing but a break. All I drink is water to prevent my stomach from burning. Even after 1 day I feel lighter, happier and emptier.
    I am a binger, I believe if I didn't fast once in a while I would be twice the size and probably very sick.
  • Sheri3851
    Sheri3851 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Everyone has had one of those weekends. Forgive yourself, know it may happen again, you don't have to be perfect, and move on! Good luck this week and don't be so hard on yourself!
  • Petal27
    Petal27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It isn't that I gained all 10 back...I only gained like 2. It is the fact that I was dwelling to long. I am bad about not tracking on my days when I know I am off track. I need to do that no matter what. I guess part of my problem is to that yes I have some friends on here but no one that is really trying to lose as much weight as I am. I came home from work and cooked all my healthy food for the week that I was suppose to do yesterday. Each day is a challenge and a struggle and I can't let one bad day or 2 get me down. I guess I need to start using this site as more of a support group too. I've only really used it for the tracking!

Thanks to everyone who replied back. It really does help hearing from people who have gone through it or are going through it!!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I would bet that the 2 you gained were water weight, if you binged on not so healthy stuff there was probably a lot of sodium. A few days back on track, drinking some extra water & you're back to where you were. You DO need to log, especially on the days you go off track - you will see it & it will make you more accountable to YOURSELF - you don't owe anything to anybody but yourself, you're doing this for YOU. Each day IS a challenge, but it DOES get better......
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I agree with fasting. It gives your body a break to repair and clear out toxins. As long as you don't shock your system with abrupt stops and starts. I fast when I am not hungry. It is a sure fire way for me to tell my body needs nothing but a break. All I drink is water to prevent my stomach from burning. Even after 1 day I feel lighter, happier and emptier.
    Name one.
    I am a binger, I believe if I didn't fast once in a while I would be twice the size and probably very sick.

I would propose that your fasting likely causes or at least exacerbates your binging habits.

There is nothing wrong with occasional fasting when your relationship with food is otherwise healthy. I don't believe this is true when it isn't.
  • Rankinlm
    Rankinlm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First off it is OK please forgive yourself and move on. Second off I'm sure you didn't eat 35,000 calories to completely ruin your progress so far. When I have bad days I think of it like this I wouldn't cut my leg off because I stubbed my toe, just because I had a bad weekend eating doesn't mean I should give up. YOU CAN DO THIS! Feel free to add me for support :)
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The weekend is over. Today you have a decision to make. Are you going to work towards weight loss or not? It's totally up to you. What do you want?

Exactly. I've had days and weekends where I messed up. I'd eat my way through half my pantry and all my emotions. Or I'd have friends/family over and decide enjoying myself meant more than logging every single bite. Regardless of the "why" I got back up and kept going. One mistake (even one hundred mistakes) doesn't mean you should give up.

And as several have already mentioned, just because you can't *see* any major changes doesn't mean they aren't there! I struggle to see changes in myself sometimes, but I have to trust that my progress is truly that; progress. Are you take body measurements to see if you are losing inches? There have been times where my weight plateaued (or I even gained) and my measurements were steadily decreasing. If you are gaining muscle the scale won't move as fast or as much, but that doesn't mean you aren't doing something positive for your body.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Oh man... :blushing: I totally did this too. I was down 50, but when it wasn't helping me conceive, I stopped caring and put 38 of it back on. It's hard to get these dang emotions in check! Even this past weekend I feel like I ate like a pig, cramming whatever I could find into my pie hole. You're not alone!!

I told myself on Sunday that I wasn't going to get back into those bad habits. Stuffing my face wasn't making me feel better, so I finally got off my keister and did a short workout. It wasn't much, but I didn't carry the emotions and behavior over into Monday. Small victories!
  • 2Dozen
    2Dozen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Failure is inevitable, how you respond to it is what truly matters. I base my caloric intake on a weekly average, so a bad day isn't necessarily a bad week. So u might lose the battle, but win the war!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Like every one else is saying the number one tip for success is simply to not quit. So you over ate for a few days. Unless you completely give up, this is not going to hurt you.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Also, remember that we didn't get heavy in 1 day or weekend, we're not gonna get slim in 1 day or weekend & 1 day or weekend is not gonna change a damn thing as far as what you've done already. Just get back to it.........