"Unclean" IIFYM Success Stories and Pics please?

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Lunch is over, so in to read later.

But holy shoulders Sara! Frigging beautiful!
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Moira945
    Moira945 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Care to define "eating clean"? Because it has no basis in science whatsoever, has no technical definition (every person defines it how they want), and to be honest is completely idiotic.

Just because something has a scary, multiple syllable name doesn't make it a "chemical" (newsflash, everything is a chemical...even water) and having a pretty "natural" sounding name doesn't make it healthy.

If you want to lose weight, eat a calorie deficit. End of story.

If you are concerned about your risks for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc, track your nutrients, vitamins, and protein and consult a doctor about your health. End of that story.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to shout out the AMAZING folks in this thread. Blown away by some of these before & afters.

Y'all rock.

Oh, and I just ate a **** ton of fajitas.... *burp* Smell that!
  • WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost about eighteen pounds and have kept it off for a year.
    It works for me because it's easy. Probably 80% of the time I do eat someone's definition of "clean" in order to meet my macros. I just don't feel restricted by magical rules someone else made up for me. I make up my own rules and it's my own plan:)

This sums up how I feel too. I find that obsessing over every meal you have is simply not sustainable in the long haul. If your diet is cramping up your ability to enjoy life then it's simply not going to work. I'd take a "not-so-clean" diet sustained over 5 years than a clean one for 5 months.

That doesn't mean junk food 24/7 of course, most of the foods I eat are relatively nutrient dense. However, if I feel like having a hamburger or a pizza, I sure as heck have one. Matter of fact, I do that 2 or 3 times a week and as long as I watch calories and macros I still get solid results.
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    4) I don't think you understand what IIFYM means.

A lot of people don't.
    They seem to think that people who eat by IIFYM stuff their faces with fast food and sweets exclusively. Maybe even make a point of avoiding quality foods.
    I just let them believe what they want. :drinker:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

Give a warning, will ya? My mouth was open.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Give a warning, will ya? My mouth was open.

Ooops :( Sorry :(
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1193569-cookies-taste-better-than-skinny-feels

Short version: I'm a fan of A. Eating all the foods and B. Eating ALL the foods.

Calorie count for January, full of cookies, ice cream, and other processed food (oh my). I also lost about 5 pounds (but i figure 1-2 was probably water weight from a really really fat Holiday season.)

TKnZgvU.png?1

Me at 160 ish
    1lvLFMU.jpg

Me today at 137 (You'll have excuse my averageness.)

mtLHDhD.jpg?1

...I suppose I coulda wiped down the mirror and moved the bed but, in my defense, I'm supposed to be packing up my entire apartment, not playing on the forums.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    ^ that, presuming you mean NO such thing :).

I have not found any 'clean eater' that can not come up with a description which is not contradictory to their own eating habits.

A rather lovely example from another thread:
    'Clean food can't be processed or 'man made'.
    But some butter on a baked, potato, that's ok.
    So, err, butter comes out of a cow? Or was that from a butter tree?
    Nope, butter is milk that has been 'processed', normally in a factory by an industrial system.

"No flavour enhancers."
    But some salt is fine.
    Salt, being one of the most often used flavour enhancers and also being quite demonised these days.

But I'm just being picky, apparently - despite that they couldn't offer me an ACTUAL definition.

I would replace “unprocessed” / “not manmade” / “unnatural” with “unnecessarily processed” or “unnecessary artificial ingredients”. Sure, there is a basic amount of processing and added ingredients that go into producing things like butter, bread, packaged meats, etc. But there comes a tilting point when the things they are adding aren’t making the product more nutritious or healthier for the consumer, but are added solely to increase the profitability of the product by making it last longer.

Replacing “natural” ingredients with artificial ones that make it taste, look, smell, or feel better longer doesn’t appeal to me; give me the product with fresh “real ingredients” before it’s natural shelf-life expires and spare me the laboratory replacements.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    4) I don't think you understand what IIFYM means.

A lot of people don't.
    They seem to think that people who eat by IIFYM stuff their faces with fast food and sweets exclusively. Maybe even make a point of avoiding quality foods.
    I just let them believe what they want. :drinker:

Yeah, I'm a big IIFYMer and I threw out a message on my feed about my diet going "100% clean (bodybuilder definition)" to get my calories down another 300/day.

That 300 calories is most of my "just calories" for the day to hit my nutrition goals as well as macro goals.

We think about it.

(I lost from 280 to 210 in 2012 and am like 220-225 and "healthy" but fatter aesthetically than I'd like right now).
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

mtLHDhD.jpg?1

The only thing average about your pic is the way you hold your phone. The rest is just plain smokin!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeee! 22# down.

<---but this is the only pic I have
  • WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You guys are saying eating healthy is overrated and McDonalds is just fine? Flavored seaweed passed on as beef is just wonderful...
    There is only one guy on this thread with ripped abs, rest of you are just average.
    What u r saying is u loose weight if you just eat less of what you've been eating......medical awards all around lol

You seem upset dear. Maybe that's enough internet today?

But then I'm a heathen who is planning on McNuggets and fries tonight (And an egg omelet with spinach and tomato for breakfast and a stir fry with chicken, peppers, and sugar snap peas for lunch), so wtf do I know? It's not like I eat 'healthy' or anything.

He's probably upset because he's been living on chicken breasts and brown rice for the last decade and he's still small. Some dude doing push ups and cocaine could get the same abs.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    July 2012
    131_zps3c3ca73b.jpg

Christmas 2012
    a6c3dd6c-bec4-4e9e-8763-558f96064a2b_zpse522f4e5.jpg

November 2013- 70lbs lost
    287409ff-8929-43d5-ba2e-828af568fd3b_zpsc204989d.jpg

Christmas 2013- 75lbs lost
    xmasfam2013_zps91709dea.jpg

I am currently down 84lbs, but don't have access to my most current pictures at the moment. I eat what I want, but just keep my portions down. I include plenty of what would be considered "clean", but I don't deprive myself of things that I truly enjoy like pizza and the occasional fast food burger.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

mtLHDhD.jpg?1

The only thing average about your pic is the way you hold your phone. The rest is just plain smokin!

Alright, screw mcflurries, I'm taking you to coldstone for the good stuff. My treat. *Gives up on packing*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1191056-my-turn-1-year-75-lbs

That's mine. I'll never post a bikini pic though, I have a lot of loose skin.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

mtLHDhD.jpg?1

Alright, screw mcflurries, I'm taking you to coldstone for the good stuff. My treat. *Gives up on packing*

And it's not even my birfday!!

240zvaq.gif