Serious questions for married/serious relationship people?

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    1) Nope

2) Not on the site, but knows that I am

3) Nope
  • malyndad
    malyndad Posts: 30 Member
    1. yes

2. yes

3. I act the same
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    1) Is your spouse on your friends list? No.

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site? No, he is not on this site. He does know I have an account.

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

No, I would not act differently.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    1. No.

2. No, he isn't on the site. I wish he would use it. He has some serious "bro" beliefs. Yes, he knows I have an account.

3. No, I wouldn't.
  • WhisperAnne
    WhisperAnne Posts: 453 Member
    No- my boyfriend doesn't have weight issues
    He knows about my account here
    I would act the same even if he was on here.
  • boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    no
    no, yes he knows I am on it
    after 4 years with a 3 year old, no
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    1. No

2. He's not on the site, but he sees me on it all the time while I'm sitting next to him on the couch. He's probably watching me post this as I type...

3. No.
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    1) Is your spouse on your friends list?
    Yes

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?
    N/A

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?
    Nope, I'm me!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    1) no
    2) no but he knows
    3) nope, i couldn't care if he looks @ my profile here or elsewhere, same w/ him on other sites
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    1 My ex-wife is on my Fl
    1a. my girlfriend is on my FL
    1b, The girl I live with is on my FL

2 Yes they all know about MFP. They think Im ocd with it.
    3 nah wouldnt act differently.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I have a shortcut on my browser page and it's not hard for him to get into my profile... so if he wanted to he could check up on me... or he could just find my profile and go that way too... But since I don't flirt with other guys, I don't really have anything to hide.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    1. No
    2. No
    3. No
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    1) Hubs is not on here
    2) He knows I am
    3) I wouldn't act differently if he were on here, or if he didn't know about my MFP account. Nor would I do anything different if I were single. For me, this is a place to track calories, get information/insight/perspective, and occasionally talk about things with people who do not know me and have no personal stake in me or my emotions. :flowerforyou:
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    1) Yes...but...

2) She has an account but never uses it. I doubt she remembers the login information. She knows I log daily.

3) No? I assume this question is in some way aimed at people who spend all of their MFP time flirting.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?

1. Nope.
    2. He's not MFP
    3. I would act the same. He knows about my account here.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    1. No

2. No

3. No. She knows what a total f#cktard I am. She would simply roll her eyes like the rest of my friends do at my childish humor.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member

No

He's not on the site but he knows I am on it.

Nope, he lives, he knows me, he knows what I eat and most of the time I try talking to him about fitness/weight loss and he zones out so I say "I'm going to just post on the forums" lol
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    yes, he's on my FL

He once wasn't

No, wouldn't act any differently!! He knows I love him and only him! :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,371 Member
    Strange thread... seems to be implying we should not be trusted to get fit or communicate with others without our partner's close supervision. Is MFP such a hotbed of carnal activity that posting my meals and exercise might lay me open to infidelities?

I guess I'm lucky that my partner IS here to keep my wanton ways in check!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    1. No
    2. He knows, but isn't on the site himself.
    3. No
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    He is not on the site.
    Yes he knows I'm on the site.
    No I would not act any different.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    1) No

2) He knows I have an account

3) No, I wouldn't act differently because I love my boyfriend and certainly not flirt with anybody on here to jeopardize that in any way. Not worth it at all! :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    1) No
    2) Yes she knows I have an account here.
    3) I'd like to plead the 5th.

Was hoping I wasn't the only one! :laugh:
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    My Wife is not on my Friends List

I wish she was, she is not on the site but she she does know I have it and actively participate in it.

I would act no differently. We admire beauty for what it is but at the end of the day she's the only one for me. Not to mention, I don't act a full up on here like some folks lol. I had more than my fair share of fun before I became the big guy I am now.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    1. Yes
    2. Yes, though she uses it maybe twice a year...
    3. No
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    1. We met on MFP and started humping so I removed him from my FL so I could still *kitten* around behind his back.

I don't think I need to answer 2 & 3, do I?

Why didn't I go this route? :grumble:

I don't know, Crafty.

BTW, your boyfriend just told me to smell his fingers...

good luck with that!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    1) yes
    3) I try to act the same on my wall and in open forums
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    No

No/Yes

I would act the same. The only reason I would change my behavior is if it started to bother him and he felt disrespected or uncomfortable with it. I'm pretty much the same with my FL as I am with our IRL friends so I don't think that would happen, but if it did happen here (or IRL) then I would tone it down.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Jac, I think the lesson on this poll is that the people who are pretty open about things are willing to post in this thread. The people who would act differently if their spouse knew are not posting in this thread.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    No, No, and I think I would act the same :)