• SondraJervis
    SondraJervis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haha...yeah, that totally helped
    -_-
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm a Big fan of Pizza and I've come up with a couple diet friendly ways to enjoy. (The cauliflower crusts are too much work for me to bother with)
    Flatout Bread with a bit of the GreatValue Pizza Sauce (Best calorie and carb count for the price. There are 'better' ones, but they are too cost prohibitive for me.) and then choice of toppings. I'm also a fan of garlic and a bit of olive oil for "sauce" with fresh spinach, tomato, and mozzerella.
    Another yummie 'crust' alternative is the giant portabella mushroom caps. I grill them on my George Foreman grill and then stuff with a bit of sauce and choice of toppings. Then bake until cheese is melted. A total YUM!
    Sorry if these have been mentioned, I didn't have time to go through all the responses. If they have already been mentioned just consider this another recommendation! :happy:
  • BUMP ... coming back later :tongue:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    yoink
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
  • chylo1
    chylo1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Pizza is generally pretty healthy when you look at the micro and macro breakdown.

Make your own using the ingredients you like. If you're worried about calories, then make the crust thinner and/or eat less.

Cheese is loaded with calcium, protein, and fats (fat isn't bad)

Tomato sauce is good for Vitamin C (or use crushed tomatoes for even more)

Veggie toppings, feta, tomatoes, chicken breast, shrimp, clams and mussels (if you want iron).

Don't be afraid of pizza. Just don't overindulge. Eat the pizza and supplement with some roasted cauliflower with a light dusting of parmesan or serve the pizza as a side dish to a chicken breast in a puttanesca sauce.
  • annjl93
    Options
    Hello. As a previous user has stated, you could substitute the dough with a portobello mushroom. Here I will leave you the link to a recipe:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/06/25/delicious-healthy-pizza-recipe/

Enjoy :)
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love Pizza and my specialty is a small pizza base (around 250 cals or a Wholemeal Pitta Bread) topped with Pasatta, Spinach, Vine Tomatoes, Reduced Fat Feta and toasted Pine Nuts! Yum!!
  • MasterKat
    Options
    Pizza is my favorite food!! I use the lite Thomas English muffins, split in half and use sauce/part-skim mozz. Not as good as real pizza.... but it takes care of my craving. Comes to about 180 calories.

Totally one of my favorite ways to make it! Glad I'm not alone! :drinker:
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try the egg crust. It NEVER gets crispy. Tried everything. The best options I've used is a low carb pizza crust mix like LC Foods or a low carb tortilla like Mama Lupe's. A low carb Pita like Toufayan bakeries could be great as well then top how you please. You could make your own sauce to avoid the sugars in jarred sauce.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's chicken bacon artichoke pizza is 179 cal/slice and delicious. This is the easiest way to "make" low cal pizza. http://feaf0607108c567940ca-4fff68515b3b54da1eb906d30e23ed66.r6.cf5.rackcdn.com/130/nutrition_info.pdf
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great ideas on here! Thanks everyone!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    meatza..low carb pizza where you make the crust with meat :)

heres a link to the one I always make: http://justinowings.com/meatza-meatza/

How do you think this would turn out with a lean ground turkey like 93/7 ?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If I was just making a quick pizza for myself I would probably just use a whole wheat wrap and open a small can of pizza sauce and use whatever I had in the fridge for toppings (turkey bacon, peppers, cheese?) and I like fresh tomatoes on my pizza so after it was baked I would just put some chopped tomato on top.

A lot of the other suggestions look yummy too - my suggestion would just be quick and easy :wink:
  • Dlindsey06
    Dlindsey06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can use flatout for the crust and ff cheese and turkey pepperoni or just do veggies. The flatout comes in italian seasoned its really yummy and quick
  • beerey05
    beerey05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just made some tonight with eggplant and they were delicious! I used eggplant, pizza sauce, fat free mozzarella, oregano, olives, and meatless pepperoni because I'm vegetarian. Super easy and totally satisfying!
  • xxsally1990xx
    xxsally1990xx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    T
  • xxsally1990xx
    xxsally1990xx Posts: 3 Member
    Options

This looks amazing :happy: :happy: The crust is always a killer for calories when trying to make pizza, deffo giving this a try!! :heart:
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    tag for later reading