What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I don't care as long as I look awesome.
    This. In my head, I think this will be around a 30 inch waist but I'm not dead set on it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as ideal size? True story: over the weekend went jeans shopping, grabbed about 5-6 pairs of varying brands, size 8 - 10. All of the 10s, except for one pair were too small, the other pair fit, but were too long. The pair that fit perfectly: size 8, long. I'm 5'4", nothing about me is long, yet they were the only pair to fit, that in fact were not too long. The pair of 10s from Old Navy, I couldn't even get over my thighs. Buy what fits and looks good, don't worry about the size.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Don't go by size--sizes have changed over the years. I have a pair of jeans from when I was a kid size 14---fit tighter than any size 8 jeans today. You may wear several sizes smaller in designer clothes (they want you to buy them!). Go by how you feel and how you look.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    8-10 is good for me.
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    would love to just be out of the plus sizes...if I ended up in a 12 that's fine with me
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm a male.

My "ideal" size is whatever it is when I have a very low bodyfat level.

Having been within 20 or so pounds of my goal weight before, I believe my sizes will be:

Pants: 30-32 Waist
    Jackets: 38-40, L or R

These are TRUE, non-vanity sizes. With vanity sizing I have no clue what size I will wear. Just depends on the brand and store. Already I've been using a pair of 90s, pretty close cut Calvin Klein jeans as a benchmark. They're size 36, but today would be sold for anywhere between a 32-34.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would like to fit back into my size 3 jeans.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I made it to an 8 from a 18/20. I'm good.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was a size 18/20, now a 16. My goal for this year is to get to a 10. Next year I'd like to get to a size 8 :) I'd be estatic if I get there this year though!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I range from a 6 to a 12 depending on brand and style lmbo

I have no real preference on size I just want the jeans to look good
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    0-2, depending on brand
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty comfy in a six. I suppose I'd be equally as comfy in a 4 or an 8.

I just wanna be the strongest most badass me I can be; I don't think jeans come in that size though.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Size 5 with a nice butt that my hubby can appreciate.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    There are sizes I know I don't want to be anymore but i don't know if there is a specific size i want to be as i have not been lower than i am now in a really long time. At 5'8 I would think my ideal size would be between 6-8.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    My ideal is US size 8 for jeans, and small/med for tops.
  • ambience13
    ambience13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm an Australian 12/14 at the moment, and I'd like to lose another 14-23kg, so maybe that will put me into a size 8/10?
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think I am at my ideal size of 2-4. Just want to put on the muscle now.
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    Sizes range sooooo much by company its ridiculous. Go by inches not clothes size. I wear a 2 normally but in a certain band I wear an 8!
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like a beefy or stocky body on a dude with muscle to back it up, so x large for shoulders and traps and chest is great or large is ok, it depends on the cut and fit and brand of clothes.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Uk 6-8.