Serious questions for married/serious relationship people?

Options

Replies

• action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, I wouldn't have it any other way. If my spouse would say he didn't want me on his friend's list, I'd definitely be suspicious. If you have to hide or keep things secret from your significant other, whether it be texts, phone calls, facebook accounts, etc.,, then you are already cheating in some form. Social media can kill a relationship no doubt!! But yes, I act the same on FB as I would normally.

Ha! There's other reasons not to want your spouse on your facebook, darlin'.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    My two cents here: I'm not married but here a few observations of mine. I think that many married women (and possibly men) are on this site for a variety of reasons. The main reason is to find some support in the effort to lose weight, improve health, etc.

However, I get the feeling that many women are often not complimented enough by the their husbands. They feel like they're taken for granted. As a result, they sign on to a site like this one to get showered with praises and compliments from male strangers. I'm not saying that all married women do this but I would go out on a limb and say that quite a few of them do. It doesn't matter to me, I will compliment an attractive woman without first checking her marital status. That's just the way I'm wired but it's important to know where to draw the line.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My husband is on my friends list, yes!

I was on MFP for 9 months before my husband joined. I didn't act any different on the forums before. It makes no difference to me at all.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    1) Yes

2) Yes - MFP is how I met him

3) I act the same. Not flirty, occasionally sarcastic, but more than anything just a ghost taking in all the stupidity and telling him about it later. We have some good conversations about the latest poor advice given. He's not active on here at all in the forums, and only seldom otherwise
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    1) Yes

3) No
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    1) No

2) No

3) I'm the same way online as I am offline. I'm not flirty, I'm too crazy in love with him for that. I got nothin' to hide! I hope he does join someday :)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    1) No.

2) He's not on the site but knows I am.

3) No...I wouldn't act differently. I would expect he would be the same IRL as here (if he *was* here) much like I am.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have men on my site that I call my friends & I think that is okay because my husband could review/read the emails between my pals & I would allow that. If you are speaking in a way your husband/boyfriend would not allow or approve of then no, I do not feel that is alright.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1. No
    2. He's not on the site but knows I am
    3. Nope- I'd be the same. I never do anything online that I wouldn't do/say in real life. Also I tell him half the things I post/read anyway.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    1. No hes not
    2. He doesn't have an account, but knows I am using the site
    3. Na would be the same, I don't act inappropriately anyway
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    1)No
    2)Yes
    3) No.the same.. He knows me... No worries.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    1- no
    2- he's not on but knows I'm on
    3- not really.
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, husband.

3) No I don't act differently because he is on my friend's list....I'm sure I check his profile (because I like reading his food diary) more than he does mine LOL.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    In a relationship for 5 years!

1) Is your spouse on your friends list?
    On MFP? Yes, I think so! He hasnt used it in a year, but he is.

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?
    He has an account he doesnt use, he knows I am on it

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?
    Nope! I would be supportive of him. He is of me
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    1. No

2. Yes

3. I would act the same

Exactly.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    1. No
    2. He's not on this site but he knows I am
    3. Maybe?
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    1) Is your spouse on your friends list?

2) If no, is your spouse on the site and/or do they even know you have an account/are on the site?

3) Whichever is true (on your FL or not) , if the opposite were true....do you think you would act differently? In what way?

1. Nope.

2. Nope not on the site and yes he knows I have an account

3. There would be no need for me to act differently.
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, he joined a few days after me! So supportive.

2. n/a

3. Nah. Sometimes I'm flirty, sometimes I'm sassy, and sometimes I'm a brat. He knows and is fine with it all.
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    1) No

2) He thinks all I do was just to record my foods,drinks and workout..but he didnt know I have FL and had chat with few great buddies

3) I am one mystery lady..all it takes is just one step to add me to know me better,I got mood swings too ^_^
  • Focusisfab
    Options
    No

Yes, he knows.

I refuse to be inappropriate, so NO.