Co-worker doubting my methods.

Options
124»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Oh, cut her a break. She's obviously a daddy's girl, and he apparently knows all in her eyes. She'll lose her naivete and figure out he's not infallible soon enough.

It really isn't much different than the numbers of people who come on here asking about this cleanse or that diet drug because their doctors said it'd be the best method to lose weight. They won't listen to results, either, because they think being a doctor means you automatically know all about the human body.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    There are right ways to diet and wrong ways. The worst wrong way I know is to tell anyone their way is the wrong way, unless they specifically ask for your advice.
    Do what is working for you. If she's on the Clean Eating wagon, either she'll learn down the line or it'll work for her and she'll keep drinking the organic kool ade. ;)
    yeah that's what threw me off the most to be honest is I felt like I was being drilled because I didn't even ask for an opinion... then told I was doing it wrong essentially

So lame! :\

Don't ask her what she's drinking next time. You opened up the discussion on what y'all drink and eat (and why). By the time she told you why she was drinking veggies, your mistake should have become clear ;)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Tell her to eat clean at maintenance or above if she doesn't think calorie deficits matter.

Hopefully she'll come around soon. Just keep doing what you're doing, and your results will speak volumes.
  • SaraLady89
    SaraLady89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just try to ignore it.

I had a coworker tell me the other day that the only way to loose weight is to go on a diet and that exercise won't change anything. When clearly that isn't true because if someone ate at maintanence and then worked out and burned say 300 calories guess what they're now in a defecite and will loose weight. When I tried to explain that to her she said no trust me hunny you I've been doing this for years and years the only way is to go on a diet. That made me want to say well guess what you are a bit over weight obviously just dieting isn't working for you. Of course I held my tongue and just let her believe what she wanted to.

Anyways congrats on your weight loss already and continue the good work. And ignore the unwanted advice.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It came up, initially, during lunch, they invaded my space while I was eating and criticized my small lunch.

Ran into a co-worker in the cafeteria one afternoon while I was microwaving an egg and making toast. He was getting his salad and "healthy" frozen lunch out of the fridge.

"I hope you're eating more than that for lunch!" he said. "This is breakfast" I said. lol
  • mshippiequeen
    mshippiequeen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    who pissed in HER organic whole bran cereal?

prolly just cranky cause she's drinking vegetables.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ugh doubters are the worst! Keep your chin up, and when you get healthier than her, you'll have all the more satisfaction.
  • Psysix
    Psysix Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    lol. Tell her that you will continue this conversation in 3 months and see whose theory works better :)

Yes. lol
  • ironchick84
    ironchick84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump