For Anyone Trying to Stay Away from Meat..

Options
Thought I would share this video with anyone who is trying to avoid meat, or just for anybody's general education. This is what the food industry does to animals so that we may consume them. So next time you go out for some fast-food, think about where it came from. Please eat organic, cage-free, and/or humane products.

NSFW:

http://www.meatvideo.com/

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,044 Member
    Options
    right.

nice first post.

nothing like some fear mongering to win friends and influence people

did you know that every acre of vegetable fields kills 5,000 animals?

yeah. think about it.

the poor rabbits and mice and moles and snakes and foxes and deer and bugs and birds and every animal who needed that habitat.

shameful really.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    animals are meant to be consumed as food ..

do you feel this bad when lions kill prey in the wild and eat it?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Thought I would share this video with anyone who is trying to avoid meat, or just for anybody's general education. This is what the food industry does to animals so that we may consume them. So next time you go out for some fast-food, think about where it came from. Please eat organic, cage-free, and/or humane products.

NSFW:

2enarlx.gif

vsca5u.jpg
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's very difficult to get your point across when people just shut you down, so could everybody just try to be respectful? While this was not the most perfectly formed post it is the truth.

56 billion animals live awful lives and then are killed, that is not natural, your hormone and antibiotic filled meat is not natural. If that was replaced with plant such as beans, legumes, potato, vegetables etc we would literally have enough food for every person on this planet. The earth is actually suffering. Don't be so determined to live an ignorant and selfish life, because each generation will not be able to enjoy the earth as much as the past, that's including the kids you probably plan to have.

All this post does is suggest you buy free range or organic, wow that is so tame and yet you're ready to jump on the oppressive junk food picture train.

Living a kind, healthy and compassionate life is not something to be shunned, the OP is not fear mongering.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    right.

nice first post.

nothing like some fear mongering to win friends and influence people

did you know that every acre of vegetable fields kills 5,000 animals?

yeah. think about it.

the poor rabbits and mice and moles and snakes and foxes and deer and bugs and birds and every animal who needed that habitat.

shameful really.

? What about houses and schools and cities ? Where do all them criters go ?
  • AJ_G
    Options
    It's very difficult to get your point across when people just shut you down, so could everybody just try to be respectful? While this was not the most perfectly formed post it is the truth.

56 billion animals live awful lives and then are killed, that is not natural, your hormone and antibiotic filled meat is not natural. If that was replaced with plant such as beans, legumes, potato, vegetables etc we would literally have enough food for every person on this planet. The earth is actually suffering. Don't be so determined to live an ignorant and selfish life, because each generation will not be able to enjoy the earth as much as the past, that's including the kids you probably plan to have.

All this post does is suggest you buy free range or organic, wow that is so tame and yet you're ready to jump on the oppressive junk food picture train.

Living a kind, healthy and compassionate life is not something to be shunned, the OP is not fear mongering.

dlrgye.jpg
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Once I got to the little chickens getting ground up I got really hungry. Gonna grab a snack for the rest of this video.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian of 20 years, I STRONGLY disagree with the theme and intention of this post.

People can make decisions for themselves. They don't need you to shove sensationalist videos down their throats.

Whats' the end goal, anyway? Do you realize that animal farming makes produce farming possible? If it weren't for the byproducts of the animal industry, what would organic farms use to fertilize the crops and replenish the minerals in the soil?
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options
    All I got out of this video is the food industry has perfected mass production and slaughter of animals. Doesn't really upset me, and I am a huge animal lover. Sure, the cows are cute, but I really want to eat them.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    All I got out of this video is the food industry has perfected mass production and slaughter of animals. Doesn't really upset me, and I am a huge animal lover. Sure, the cows are cute, but I really want to eat them.

when I see cows all i see are walking rib eyes, filet mignon, tbones, etc...
  • AJ_G
    Options
    As a vegetarian of 20 years, I STRONGLY disagree with the theme and intention of this post.

People can make decisions for themselves. They don't need you to shove sensationalist videos down their throats.

Whats' the end goal, anyway? Do you realize that animal farming makes produce farming possible? If it weren't for the byproducts of the animal industry, what would organic farms use to fertilize the crops and replenish the minerals in the soil?

ok203p.gif
  • Please eat organic, cage-free, and/or humane products.

Just like to point out the organic animal products are not necessarily more humane
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options

The cows at UConn make the best icecream on this side of the country. Those cows are treated like royalty.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

NSFW:

2enarlx.gif

vsca5u.jpg

I WANT that burger!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Please eat organic, cage-free, and/or humane products.

Just like to point out the organic animal products are not necessarily more humane

Neither are cage-free. People think it means that there's luxurious farm land for the chickens to run around in. The reality looks more like a really angry-chicken version of times square on new-year's eve.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

Now you did it ! Now I wanna T-bone, with mushrooms. Pass on the snakes and mice though.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Hogwash...
    Meat is food, if you choose not to consume it that's fine but the things that you are posting are simply your opinions and aren't factual. The earth is suffering, please....
  • ndj1979
    Options

Neither are cage-free. People think it means that there's luxurious farm land for the chickens to run around in. The reality looks more like a really angry-chicken version of times square on new-year's eve.

you mean the cage free chickens don't live in a swank apartment in manhattan?
  • MoreBean13
    Options

you mean the cage free chickens don't live in a swank apartment in manhattan?

Some probably do. There's that whole urban chicken farming movement. People literally put diapers on their chickens so they can live in their apartments with them. LOLOLOL
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    This thread made me hungry for meat.
This discussion has been closed.