Do you have a FitBit

Options

Replies

• Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, love it and wear it everyday.. I have a hard time remembering to put it on at night though. I would love to have one of the new ones that go into the bracelet, but I can't justify spending $100 when the one I have works perfectly fine. Feel free to add me here or on Fitbit. http://www.fitbit.com/user/24CSFP
  • brayman1701
    brayman1701 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
  • mtullock
    mtullock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I received mine for Christmas and have kept it on since; I love it. Would love to be part of the group!
  • vt78che
    vt78che Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Jovette! I have several Fitbit products and like using them daily (and nightly!) Have had two One's (learned to keep the clip out and Fitbit in from that experience. Ha!), the Aria scale, and just got a Fitbit Force. As others have said, you might need to have the tracker on the "sensitive" sleep setting to get more accurate info. I have severe obstructive sleep apnea, and when I had the tracker on the normal setting, it said I slept pretty much through the night. Wrong!! The sensitive setting gives a much better picture of what's happening. I use four different apps, including the Fitbit app, to manage my different activities and nutrition, and they all link together so I can read it all in MFP. I also wrote a review of my comparison of the One vs. the Force in my blog.

Feel free to add me - always looking for more friends, and especially like having fellow tracker users!
  • rileysmommy143
    Options
    My Violet FitBit Flex will be here 2/13/14 soo excited!! :love: Just wanted to make some friends so when I start, I have the support :smile:

Feel Free To Add Me :happy:
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit Flex on Tuesday and I AM IN LOVE! It is so motivating...really gives you a reality check on how much you do/don't move! Feel free to add me, here or on Fitbit: http://www.fitbit.com/user/2D42SH
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My Violet FitBit Flex will be here 2/13/14

I just ordered the Violet band...when I ordered mine on Amazon they only had black and slate...I LOVE that color!
  • 1healthyerin
    Options
    I just got my fitbit this week and I am in love! I think it''s awesome! I'm getting my steps in and I already knew it, but now I know for sure, I do not get a good night's rest. I would love to add you and anyone else who would like some fitbit friends!
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit Ultra, looooved it - then it died on me :( so now I have a fitbit One and am in love all over again!

feel free to add me :)
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've added a load of you. Hope that's ok. Don't be put off by my non existent stats at the moment. I've been ill and in bed so my fitbit hasn't left the computer. starting tomorrow I'm back at work and walking!

www.fitbit.com/user/22F5S2
  • rileysmommy143
    Options
    I could have waited until 2/16 when its in the target stored but instead I overnighted it from FitBit direct to have by tomorrow...If i can stay this motivated to reach my goal...that would be great! :laugh:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i have no idea how to track my sleep. sometimes when i enter my info it accepts and other times it doesnt. i try to base it on the 24 hour setting or the normal setting. neither seems to work for me.

my total calorie burn i think may be a tad off so i adjust it in a spreadsheet and am trying to pinpoint the exact % burn correctly.

so far i am basing it on 80% of what it says

will no for sure at the end of the month so i have a good sample size
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love mine, for the sleep tracker and the accountibility factor. The only problem I have with it is it tracks your calories based on BMR, and with a lower BF% I find it underestimates how much I really burn. I've been tracking my weight and calories on a spreadsheet for almost seven months, so I'm certain I have a TDEE of close to 2600, and my Fitbit has never said I've burned more than 2200, and most days it's closer to 2000, so I know it's underestimating that quite a bit. I can only imagine it skews the numbers higher for those with a bigger BF% than the average, which could lead to overeating for some.

Underestimating your calorie burn should be good for you, right? If you stick to what Fitbit says you have burnt and sync your calorie intake based off that, you will actually lose more weight. And that's probably the purpose of Fitbit for which most people use

Not true for me. I find it's better to know my true TDEE and adjust from that. Too large a deficit means losing too fast, which results in plateauing and yo-yo dieting. I'm in this for the long haul. And I'm close to maintainance, so that means I eat 300-600 more a day than my Fitbit says I should. And why wouldn't you want to eat as much as you should?
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for 1 year now.
    I loved it from first sight and I still love it.
    I could care less about calories burned. That is not what I have it for. For me, it is all about getting me up and moving more, and it is spectacular at doing that. I could not be happier with the motivation it gives me to move more! It is absolutely WONDERFUL!
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys,

www.fitbit.com/user/2CWJHR
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have a FitBit, but y'all are making me think I need one, the way you all seem to love yours!
    So, could someone explain it all to me, you just wear it and it tracks activity and sleep....is there a monthly fee or anything like that?

Thanks!
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    On my 3rd one and I love it. Mine previous 2 have jumped in the washing machine :)
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get a Fitbit, please add me. Just waiting for my work gift catalog to offer the Force unless any of you would make a case that the Flex is better than the Force? I really want it because I work from home and need some data to get myself moving around more during the day. Also interested in sleep monitoring. Thanks!
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, love it and wear it everyday.. I have a hard time remembering to put it on at night though. I would love to have one of the new ones that go into the bracelet, but I can't justify spending $100 when the one I have works perfectly fine. Feel free to add me here or on Fitbit. http://www.fitbit.com/user/24CSFP

I've heard that the new one falls off easily too :noway: If I'm paying all that money it better stay on :laugh: