Confessions of a chubby girl :)

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    i only used to wear a bra when i went outside hehehe.... cause i hate them, i feel like my boobs are in a boob prison.. but now
    i try to wear one every day. when when i take it off its like...."ahhhhhhhhhhh freedom!!! "

i also only buy shirts that cover my belly. ha!
  • SewingLynx
    SewingLynx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started making my own sports bras because ALL of the ones you buy sink in to my lats no matter HOW lean I am they always make me look like I have bra-overhang even if I don't so when I DO have some extra it's like...really hard to see in the mirror hehe. XOXO You all rock, I love this thread.
  • Ibun
    Ibun Posts: 4
    Options
    :smile: Isn't that great?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I jiggle my fat in the mirror. I confessed this to my best friend... and she is also guilty lol

and i do random excercises while cooking, or waiting on a timer. haha.

Haha I do this too. Definitely a motivation when you see how much your jiggling!

Yup I do this...reminds me of how much less there is to jiggle...:drinker:
    I love tank tops with shelf bras and where them all the time...

Oh I avoid looking at my belly while doing planks...ugh...took a pic of it once...never again.

I have always been told by my mother suck your gut in...proper posutre now it's habit.

for the ladies who hate button up shirts...Lee has a style with an extra button right where is gaps...:drinker:

I have spanks but only for under clingy stuff like in my profile pic it showed every nook and crany...full slip spanks for this.
  • ibsunshine
    ibsunshine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You ladies are so inspiring with good advice! Thank you!
  • nlaguins
    nlaguins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This thread has convinced me that I need spanx/compression camis in my life.

I was actually just thinking the same thing!
  • ibsunshine
    ibsunshine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My confession is this.....after getting off the treadmill that I'd been using for 30 minutes at the gym, the very handsome guy on the machine behind mine, who must have watched me the entire 30 minutes, met my eyes, smiled and raised his eyebrows in appreciation......and that's me 40 lbs. over weight. Baby's got back and some men love it.....

It was a great reminder that things are not black and white.....we are not just thin and beautiful or overweight and ugly. You can be attractive at any size.....so appreciate what you have now even though your journey is leading you to a smaller waistline.
    [/quote]

Oh how I love this! No matter what size we are there is someone out there that can still make us feel beautiful & attractive! I needed that today! Good luck on your weight loss journey! We can do this! You go girl! :flowerforyou:
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love this thread so much!!

I pull up the front of my pants higher at the gym to cover my tummy when my tshirt rides up

I hate button up shirts and any tight clothes in general; especially over my stomach or arms

I hate my fat arms so much I try to wear long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves, even in the summer

I jiggle my fat in the mirror, too

I LIVE in yoga pants and never do yoga

I tried Denise Austin yoga ONE TIME and was so frustrated that she was not even sweating and kept saying "how nice" everything was I cussed her out on the tv and never did it again

:embarassed:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    That's cool you wear spanks, how does it feel when you run with those? I've thought about getting some tights like that just so I feel better when I run because I totally feel like people are looking at my booty, cuz it moves when I run--that's a fact. HAHA! What brand do you get?

Spanx is selling a type of running crops..I was wondering what kind of compression that would provide...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I jiggle my fat in the mirror. I confessed this to my best friend... and she is also guilty lol

and i do random excercises while cooking, or waiting on a timer. haha.

Haha I do this too. Definitely a motivation when you see how much your jiggling!

Yup I do this...reminds me of how much less there is to jiggle...:drinker:
    I love tank tops with shelf bras and where them all the time...

Oh I avoid looking at my belly while doing planks...ugh...took a pic of it once...never again.

I have always been told by my mother suck your gut in...proper posutre now it's habit.

for the ladies who hate button up shirts...Lee has a style with an extra button right where is gaps...:drinker:

I have spanks but only for under clingy stuff like in my profile pic it showed every nook and crany...full slip spanks for this.

I pinch my lower belly every night...
  • lovewins68
    Options
    You made me laugh out loud! I call myself a "trotter". I run/walk in intervals as well, but love calling myself a runner. :-) I may not be the fastest. But, i finish. It took me 3 hours and 20 minutes to finish my last half marathon in October. I also wear my strongest running pants because it makes the jiggle stop for a bit!
  • atcross
    atcross Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I work out alone at home so I can jiggle freely without being judged! It's pretty neat.

*jiggles gleefully*

Me too! I jiggle and I don't want anyone else to know what a crap runner I am. I have a phobia about gyms and feel very fortunate to have a powerlifting and football playing hubby who has amassed a greater diversity of fitness equipment in our basement than can be found in most commercial gyms.
  • atcross
    atcross Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I also want to say that when I see chubby people running I never judge them. I mentally salute them because they are better runners than I am, regardless of jiggle. I do have to admit that I sometimes think "she could use a more supportive sports bra", but as a top-heavy woman myself I know how hard those can be to find! (and afford)
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This made me smile :) And I too wear yoga pants even when i don't do yoga

Me, too. They're the most comfortable things to wear and some styles are quite fashionable and look great with boots.
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I work out alone at home so I can jiggle freely without being judged! It's pretty neat.

*jiggles gleefully*

This. But when I hit 154 I'm going to start going to the gym.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I go to my swim classes without shaving...*gasp*

:D

All the time!

I make it from the change room to the pool in record time because I don't want anyone to look at me. :blushing:

I really need to buy a new bathing suit because the one I have is too big now. I've pinned the straps twice and the bottoms are constantly slipping below my belly as I swim. I'm really afraid of a wardrobe malfunction in the pool but my dread of shopping for a new bathing suit is worse.:grumble:
  • nlabrosse86
    Options
    I go to the gym super early in the morning, and it must be senior hour by the time I get warmed up. I tell you, seeing a 60-70 year old run for an hour straight is fantastic motivation.

My confessions....
    I hold on to the handles/heart beat monitors on the treadmill so I don't lose my footing coordination and fall on my face, and because it helps me keep better posture.
    I bought huge cotton briefs (see granny panties) to wear while I'm working out, so things don't ride up or roll down!
    I get winded walking with friends because they hold conversations perfectly, even up hill, while I'm holding my breath because I hate the sound of my panting.
    I don't care about my jiggling, because AT LEAST I'M MAKING AN EFFORT TO GET FIT. <3

(Besides, it's the cottage cheese thighs that I can't stand, and those are hidden by a nice long men's t-shirt)
  • gourmanda
    Options
    Bike shorts or Spanx underneath dresses to prevent chafing!
  • blahblah123314
    blahblah123314 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to make visible panty lines disappear no matter what but I stopped caring because I like my butt in tight workout pants.
  • ambascom
    Options
    One more confession: My thighs rub together when I walk so bad that I end up wearing holes in all my favourite pants! Haha

Even at my smallest and fittest this happens to me :( I guess it's just the shape of my thighs.
    Me too, even when I was a way-underweight 105-pound college kid. I don't see it changing. At least I have an excuse to buy new clothes once in a while. :ohwell:

ETA: The worst thing is shorts riding up while walking or running. Doesn't matter what size they are or how "in shape" I am... Cotton, cargo, or underarmour... I'm yanking those babies down every few minutes. Ick. Nothing kills that "I'm running like a beast and feeling so sexay" buzz so fast.

Yes! I am not the only one whose shorts do that! For that reason I am worried about the summer as I walk/run on my street. I'm considering the capri pants that I work out in at home for my outside workouts. My shorts also seem to fall off my hips when I run. Not a pretty feeling constantly needing to pull your shorts up and thighs down lol