Like Minded Lushes - November

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• rachel_fritz
    Options
    SO happy I found this thread <3 I count the calories and for sure factor in the liquid calories. Glad to know we are together here! I have just started and hoping to drop 30lbs ... so every bit of motivation and team support helps. my like minded lushes
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Last week was a doozy for me... lots of wine, lots of cosmos, and lots of cider with spiced rum.

This week back to no alcohol except for Sat night. I am going to try to stick to this schedule for December.

Have a great week Lushes!
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    Hi friends! Sorry I've been MIA but I took a little hiatus from posting online (didn't take a break from healthy eating.....except for Thanksgiving.....and day after thanksgiving......and the sunday after......but besides that, NO CHANGE......). I definitely splurged BIG TIME on alcohol last saturday when my Seminoles played their rivals, the Gators. GO NOLES!!!! Had 4 of my little brothers 'foreign' beers.....soooooooooooo good when it hits your lips!!! I cut myself off after four and didn't feel too bad the next day.

Actually lost a pound (probably b/c I ran 25 miles last week, haha).....thankful for that.....back on to healthy eating with a vengence as I want to lose at least 5 lbs by Christmas!!!
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This definitely looks like a group for me! I work in the beer industry - and even have a kegerator in my office. It is not uncommon for us to have wine with lunch or a pint during a meeting. I can definitely see value in being apart of this group! :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks.

Its been a while since I have been able to say that!:happy:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    This definitely looks like a group for me! I work in the beer industry - and even have a kegerator in my office. It is not uncommon for us to have wine with lunch or a pint during a meeting. I can definitely see value in being apart of this group! :)

You've just described my husband's dream job!! :drinker:

Welcome to all the new people! (I'm a noob myself...)

Well, I had a raspberry vodka-sugar free red bull last night to get me through some major cooking and cleaning, but I stopped at one. Yay me!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I was not alcohol free last night, had 2 bud lights. Tonight I think we will have wine with dinner and tomorrow I might drink after mani/pedis with a friend. Thursday maybe no drinks.
    I have not tried rum in cider, that sounds good and warming!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks...my pancreas and liver are in shock:tongue:

I am determined that alcohol will not touch these lips for 1 week. I gained 1.6 lbs over the past two weeks because I didn't exercise or log and engaged in lushness. I must be strong. :drinker: Day 3 is the hardest when the lush monster rears its ugly head:devil:
  • bobspdx
    Options
    I was not alcohol free last night, had 2 bud lights. Tonight I think we will have wine with dinner and tomorrow I might drink after mani/pedis with a friend. Thursday maybe no drinks.
    I have not tried rum in cider, that sounds good and warming!

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, their Spiced Cider is delish. We warm the cider then pour in some Capt Morgan's or Sailor Jerry's let it warm again, then enjoy! It is sooo good and sooo high in calories :drinker:
  • bobspdx
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = I really want to have 0 drinks :laugh:
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes....I think my grand total for the week was:

4 margaritas
    9 beers
    3 martinis with 2 pours each (6, rough estimate)
    3 bottles of wine (15 glasses)
    1.5 bottles of champagne (7.5 glasses)

41.5 total:noway: :cry: ...I haven't been this bad since the summer...well, I am turning over a new leaf tomorrow...just went grocery shopping to the tune of $225 with tons of meats, veggies and fruits....time to DETOX

This weeks' goal is less than 10...hope I don't withdrawl

Did anyone else read this post to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas?

OK, seriously - I suspect many of us have weeks like that. If we get in extra exercise, lots of water and some healthy eating, you can undo the negative effects.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

I, again, averted the evil husband:devil: from corruption...he tried to lure me into having drinks:drinker: ...ugh, the pain:sad:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey lushes....I think my grand total for the week was:

4 margaritas
    9 beers
    3 martinis with 2 pours each (6, rough estimate)
    3 bottles of wine (15 glasses)
    1.5 bottles of champagne (7.5 glasses)

41.5 total:noway: :cry: ...I haven't been this bad since the summer...well, I am turning over a new leaf tomorrow...just went grocery shopping to the tune of $225 with tons of meats, veggies and fruits....time to DETOX

This weeks' goal is less than 10...hope I don't withdrawl

Did anyone else read this post to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas?

OK, seriously - I suspect many of us have weeks like that. If we get in extra exercise, lots of water and some healthy eating, you can undo the negative effects.

:laugh: :laugh: That was funny, I might have to use that some time....And, well, I'm not going for any bloodwork for sure...severe liver damage incurred
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options