How does your spouse support you?

Options

Replies

• evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    My husband ALWAYS encourages me to do anything to improve myself. He's very supportive, and when I'm having a day when I'm feeling down about my weight loss or workout, he always encourages me and is empathetic.

He's the best. :)
  • MaJacobs75
    Options
    I've always been so depressed about how my body looks and how I see everyone else around me looking better and that I keep telling myself that I should do better and start looking like that. My hubby is happy with the way I look and tells me that I should be me and no one else. But then it got to a point where no matter what he said to make me happy I still felt so depressed about myself, and when i'm upset I tend to always snack and make my body feel even worse.

Eventually he got to the point of being very annoyed with me griping and complaining about my body that he took me by the hand and literally dragged me outside and started me on taking walks with him. My hubby is such a great guy, it was he who had helped me get out of my funk and he started getting involved in always being by my side. He is the more outdoorsy type of person who loves to be out at the range or going fishing or even taking a hike into the mountains. I'm more of a bookworm who prefers to keep my nose into novels and not really do much. What I love about him is his motivation to actually poke and prod me into going outside in the sunshine and take a walk with him! He is my motivator!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    He does a lot to support me =). I can't say specifically because there's far too much to say lol. He's an awesome guy =).
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive! He goes to the gym with me and we work out together. He encourages me to go to the gym. He asks, "Are you going to work out today?" If I don't feel like working out he tells me I need to.

He does a lot of the cooking in our house and he tries to cook things that work well with my plan. He does a lot of fish because he knows I love it and it's healthy and low in calories.

He compliments me when he noticed I've lost weight.

My DD also encourages me to go to the gym and eat healthy.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    He started dating me thin, and fell in love with me thin, but married me fat...and never batted an eye as I slowly grew bigger and bigger, and now that I'm back on track and getting fit, he says things like "I love you as you are" and when I'm stressing about being fat he says " You're not fat" (except I totally am, but the lie is sweet) and when it comes to my plan and weight loss, gym, foods, etc. He likes a heads up if I'm going to the gym after work so he knows to either eat on his own or have a snack if I'm making something to eat later, but totally supports my random scheduling of a yoga class or gym date.

When he has cravings for pizza or fast food he checks with me to see if it fits my macros for the day. lol. The funniest to date is when I say 'dammit, I'm over my calories by like 60 cals (or whatever)' and he says "Yes but you're forgetting how many times you've gone up and down the stairs today, and you were cleaning like a madwoman earlier... I'm sure you burned off those 60 calories no problem" That made me laugh, and it was sweet reasurrance. lol.

yes my husband did the same thing. dated me thin married me "fat" lol i have gained 130lbs since we have been together and he still thinks i am as gorgeous as the first day we started dating. very great! :heart: :smile: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My guy supports me 100%. He calls himself my 'personal trainer' although I know more about fitness and nutrition than he does. He just gives me that push when I feel like being lazy. My goal for 2014 is to be able to do a pull up, so I'm working on that, and he makes sure I try everyday. By doing that he's also started working at being able to do more from a straight arm hang. It's a lot of fun and makes me a bit more competitive. He's also says very encouraging things when I come back from the gym or from doing a workout and say how hard I was working. :) I guess I'm a lucky one.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    He asks me before bringing over sweets and plans diet "cheat days" with me rather than spontaneously eating bad food
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options
    My husband supports me no matter what. Even if I have a scattered brain idea, he will still support me. He is my best friend!

As far as mfp, he will eat anything I make (low calorie or not) and never complain. I know his dislikes, which are few, and I avoid them. If I need him to watch our son while I exercise, he will.

He is very supportive...
  • karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    He may not be my spouse, but my BF has offered to get me an iRobot vacuum if I can lose 15lbs by June 15 :) One Husky and one Rottie = lotsa fur!

He's willing to treat me when I succeed AND gives me the motivation to keep going. He encourages me to go to the gym and we cook healthy meals together almost every night. Other nights he cooks the entire meal or I will.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have the most supportive hubby! He has 100% faith and trust in me, he lets me do whatever i want, wherever and whenever!
    He encourages me to think about myself and not live in guilt about what i have not done for others! He is supportive of my health either ways. During pregnancy and after birth, he let me eat whatever i want and said i was beautiful even when i had gained a lot of weight. And now that i have been losing weight, he helps me with that too! so i know i am losing weight for myself, it does not matter to him anyway! He find me beautiful either ways :heart:

He helps out with house work, watches baby when i go to the gym,. Adjusts his schedule around mine :)
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know this is for spouses, but I'm hoping BF's count as well :)

My BF actually formulated my strength training workout and helped me set my caloric and macro goals... He's my loudest cheerleader, and is crazy proud of my progress... When we're together (long distance relationship), he mixes my pre-workout bcaa drink, my post-workout protein shake and works out with me. He loves me at any size, and is completely happy with whatever size I decide to stop at...

and my BF sent me heart's day flowers even though he totally detests the marketing scheme of it all... hence, sending the arrangement a day early because he knows I'm a hearts and flowers kind of girl and he wants to make me happy.

I so love him...
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My husband couldn't care less if I go for a run/bike ride - nor does he care how far or how fast. Nor does he care if I'm sticking to my training plan, or if I've managed to lift a new weight. Sometimes, I'm not even sure he notices I'm gone (to workout). He refuses to eat half the food I make, and constantly has the nerve to eat cookies and chips and stuff right in front of me. He doesn't give a rats @ss about how much protein something has, or whether it has 2 calories or 2 million.

But he is the most supportive husband I could ever ask for. He moved half his crap in the basement so I could have a gym (which he then bought a TV for). He bought me a bike and went for a first ride with me last summer - because it's something he has wanted us to do together but I was never able to. When I complain that my compression shorts are too big and wrinkly, he says "that's because there's nothing left to compress". I've had a terrible time "seeing" the smaller me and have a hard time telling if clothes fit and/or look appropriate. He answers honestly every single day. He helped me make my redneck squat racks even though he has no idea what they are for. When I was nervous and uncomfortable at a pool party over the summer, he told me people were staring because I'm hot.

He doesn't care about my workout plan, he doesn't care what I eat, but he supports me in every way that actually matters (to me).

This my Hubby!!!! love him to life!!!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    He puts up with my dogs.
    He signs up with me for every organized run I attend.
    He buys me vegetarian Chinese take-away and pizza.
    He always makes sure I have wine in the house.
    He pretends to be interested when I explain my physio stuff.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My fiancé works out with me and has changed his eating habits to be healthier, too. He has always been very supportive. He doesn't deliberately tempt me. He always looks at my food diary at the end of the day and tells me that I've done well--if I'm worried about being under/over something, he talks it over with me until I feel better.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    He's awesome in terms of support! He gives me my space when I want to work out (I still have body issues even with him). He encourages me to cook and actually loves my home cooking. He's right there helping out when I'm prepping food for the week/s ahead. And he's also there with a hug when I'm feeling down. :)
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Lovely to read all these stories of support. Thanks for sharing. ^_^
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    He gives me them sexy eyes. You know:love: those sexy eyes yeah like "oh baby you're so freakin' hot just can't contain myself you sexy beast!" Sexy eyes. He's absolutely crazy, to be sure, but it is such a lovely thing. I'm super duper morbidly obese, but the way he treats me you'd think I was some slim hot chic. Never has he EVER made me feel ashamed of my fat. Love is powerful stuff. Plus, he gives me a high-five for running 1/4 mile.
    :love:
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My significant other has been great. He was a little unsure, at first, what was going on. He can be a bit insecure, but I've made sure to reassure him that I was doing this for my health and not to ditch him and find a new man.

He does a lot of little things. He showers me with compliments, tells me he's proud of me, and brags to his friends about how I can probably beat them up (haha). Lately, he's taken to surprising me with things like new sports bras, kettlebells, etc. He's even started helping me out more in general and taking an interest in things I like (like hockey, he never used to watch with me). I think he sees how positive this all is for me and how happy I am and it rubs off on him.
  • nope, wouldn't know how to give a compliment if it bit him the face. Never has never will! Moving on!
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    We work out together, we grocery shop together, we cook together.