Goal: 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• ichigofruit
    ichigofruit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of level 2. It's a very refreshing change from level 1. It definitely kicked my butt, though. I can't wait to build up the endurance to do it without taking breaks!
  • mkbz
    mkbz Posts: 5
    Options
    Today is my Day 10 of Level 1, but I don't know if I can actually make it, because yesterday I started having pain in my shins. On the other side, I'm afraid to take a break even for 1 day because it' so easy for me to fall of the wagon and get back to my lazy days on a couch.
  • spr0ckit
    spr0ckit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    D2 L2. I've started to notice some definition in my arms... Especially my shoulders! Just makes me want to keep going. =D
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of level 3 for me – can’t believe only 4 days to go.. I haaaated level 3 to start with, lost of swearing at Jillian, but think it was the transition from doing most of the advanced moves to failing at them miserably. But now i can do all the travelling push ups and just stall at the plank arm & leg raises with the weights but hopefully they’ll get easier too. I find it tougher than level 2 but more in a strength/resistance way than the mad cardio in lev 2.

I’ve lost 4lbs, would have liked more but I’m hoping for a further drop before the end. I defintely feel so much better and am down 2 inches on the waist & my clothes feel great so am not worrying too much about the scale. Am thinking of Ripped in 30 next which I think is on youtube as a starter... def another JM for me next.

Hope you guys are enjoying the journey, stick with it.. it’s tough but gets easier 
  • yungohara
    yungohara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just did Level 2 Day 1 for the first time ever holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy mother.
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    L2 D7 completed and finally the planks are getting better, yay me! Going to transition some of the modified moves to the advance moves--I have enough time since I'm doing each level for 15 days. Hopefully by the end of the 15 days, they will all be advanced. I also jump on the treadmill for an additional 40min, and so far, I am losing weight at a pretty good pace. Cannot wait for my end of month measurements.
  • cami11e
    cami11e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 2 and feeling sore. Must be doing it right. :smile:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Today is my Day 10 of Level 1, but I don't know if I can actually make it, because yesterday I started having pain in my shins. On the other side, I'm afraid to take a break even for 1 day because it' so easy for me to fall of the wagon and get back to my lazy days on a couch.

Please take some rest days. Even Jillian said on a webcast that you need to take breaks. While many people have been successful doing it 30 days straight, most have not. Most that attempt the Shred with no rest days drop out around days 10-15 because of shin splints, joint, knee and back issues or end up getting the cold or flu due to lowered resistance from over training.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of level 3 for me – can’t believe only 4 days to go.. I haaaated level 3 to start with, lost of swearing at Jillian, but think it was the transition from doing most of the advanced moves to failing at them miserably. But now i can do all the travelling push ups and just stall at the plank arm & leg raises with the weights but hopefully they’ll get easier too. I find it tougher than level 2 but more in a strength/resistance way than the mad cardio in lev 2.

I’ve lost 4lbs, would have liked more but I’m hoping for a further drop before the end. I defintely feel so much better and am down 2 inches on the waist & my clothes feel great so am not worrying too much about the scale. Am thinking of Ripped in 30 next which I think is on youtube as a starter... def another JM for me next.

Hope you guys are enjoying the journey, stick with it.. it’s tough but gets easier 

You will love Ripped in 30! She switches it up a lot more and you get a new routine each week vs 10 days,.
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Still here. But, not as far along as I should be. :/ Remember how I took a couple days off when I was in level 1 and then went on to finish it? Then I did 1 day of lv 2 and skipped another 2 days. Or maybe it was 1. I can't remember now! SO I did lv 2 day "1" AGAIN earlier this week and then yesterday only had time to do 2/3 of it before I had to grab a shower & head out the door so I ended up not counting it as a day. So that makes today's workout day 2 of lv 2. If you're not confused by readying all of that, good job! :laugh: I think I need to get back to posting here everyday as it seems to help me stay accountable a bit better.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Today, my first ever 30 Day Shred ended after a lot of tries. There were setbacks when schedule is not doing well or I am not feeling well but once I am okay, I continue doing it. Not good but not bad, I always think that that should not demotivate me.

Tomorrow, I will start my 30 Days Shred again and will start logging it.

Can I join you ladies? I need some motivating too.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    TRUE. I felt bad on my first time that I had a break from this exercise. To motivate me I re-started the count.

The next setback was when I was not feeling well, I was already on L3 D3 and I really wanted to continue but I was more afraid that it would lead to flu. I rested for a day and continued the next day. I excused myself and this time I did not restart my counting. I finished my 30 Days today.

Tomorrow, I will start L1 D1 again and will do Beginners with no more stopping in-between.

Don't over do it.

Please take some rest days. Even Jillian said on a webcast that you need to take breaks. While many people have been successful doing it 30 days straight, most have not. Most that attempt the Shred with no rest days drop out around days 10-15 because of shin splints, joint, knee and back issues or end up getting the cold or flu due to lowered resistance from over training.
  • allysteven880
    Options
    really feeling good to say that you can do it. just carry on. I have also doing and I tried some diet pills also. my several friends told me that diet pills does not work. but, I see the effect when I choose Garnicica Cambogia that is purely natural and work in tough condition when you want some extra calorie to burn in minimum time. but i also continue the regular exercise and diet control.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 4 done yesterday and day 5 done today!
  • ichigofruit
    ichigofruit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of level 2. I feel like I phoned it in just a little bit... I've been doing them in the afternoon/evening and today I wanted to try doing it first thing in the morning. Definitely won't be trying that again.:yawn: I might do a second round tonight after work to make up my missed day earlier this week, and since I didn't put forth as much effort this morning.
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was four days in L1 then I hurt my back , so I will be started all over tomorrow as my rest period was far too many days.
  • yungohara
    yungohara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm having an unusual problem where each day is getting harder rather than easier over time. I feel more exhausted and weak each day rather than seeing an increase in endurance and strength. I've actually had to go down in weight sometimes rather than up? (I have 2, 3, and 5 lbs. weights). Anyone else have this issue or is this some sort of mental block I'm going through?
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've just completed day 1 level 1...could feel the burn from some of the exercises so I am hoping I won't be aching too much tomorrow!
  • LReReed
    LReReed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    TODAY I WILL COMPLETE L3 DAY 10!!!!!

I'm so excited!! It has taken multiple tries over the past 2 years to get this far. But, I am proud to say that I have finally accomplished this goal. I loved L3 in comparison to L2. It went by so much quicker. If you can get through L2, you can definitely get through L3. I plan to post result pics tomorrow morning. I didn't take measurements unfortunately, but I can definitely see the loss of inches in my pics. Lost a total of 5 pounds as of this morning.
  • cat3137
    Options
    Need a partner for some motivation!! Starting 30 day shred tomorrow. Only have about 10 lbs to lose but desperately need to get back in shape. I stopped drinking almost 2 years ago and my sweet tooth is still in full force. I have three kids who are in three different directions with activities and it's real hard to plan meals...any advice and some partners would be great!!