Guys - Wowen in the gym - Lululemon's or short shorts

Options

Replies

• Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Clearly, some types of workout clothes are designed for some people...while others can wear sweats, etc. Not knocking it, but I find it pretty holier-than-thou for somebody to cast judgement on males, who if you haven't noticed are very visual in nature. Sheesh! :laugh:
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    As a girl, personally I prefer spanks for the gym. by far! lulus are nice too, but the fabric is quite a bit thicker.

Too thick! They are like spanks. They hold everything in but are horrible for certain yoga positions. :smile:

Yes, but if you are doing yoga in the comfort of your own home.. then it doesnt matter haha! :)

True... but I teach yoga, so...
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Why do we need to sexualize and objectify women's bodies at the gym? This thread is ridiculous. Could you imagine a woman posting a thread "Ladies - men in basketball shorts or running shorts at the gym?" And then women replying "Oh the ones in those silky basketball shorts are just faking nice quads. Whereas the ones in running shorts have to actually have nice quads" No, because it sounds stupid.

yet the thread started today posting nothing but topless beefcake is fine? You dont hear men whining about objectifying them?

Im will go reread that post to find your comment about how THAT thread should not exist

Haha, I agree I don't think men should be objectified like that either and that thread should also not exist - I don't think I said anywhere in my post that threads like this about men are okay, in fact I said they sound ridiculous. I haven't seen a thread like that but I also haven't been looking for threads like that and this one happened to pop up when I came on. How about we just don't objectify anyone at the gym? That would be greaaaat. How about everyone wears what they're comfortable wearing and we don't discuss whether you prefer seeing peoples *kitten* in x garment because I think most people don't go to the gym to be ogled.
  • monikagiesbrecht
    monikagiesbrecht Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    As a girl, personally I prefer spanks for the gym. by far! lulus are nice too, but the fabric is quite a bit thicker.

Too thick! They are like spanks. They hold everything in but are horrible for certain yoga positions. :smile:

Yes, but if you are doing yoga in the comfort of your own home.. then it doesnt matter haha! :)

True... but I teach yoga, so...

oh yeah i wouldn't either to a class, and i could imagine if wouldn't be the best for certain positions!
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is why I work out at home! Nothing worse than being stared at by creepy men while trying to work out.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Why do we need to sexualize and objectify women's bodies at the gym? This thread is ridiculous. Could you imagine a woman posting a thread "Ladies - men in basketball shorts or running shorts at the gym?" And then women replying "Oh the ones in those silky basketball shorts are just faking nice quads. Whereas the ones in running shorts have to actually have nice quads" No, because it sounds stupid.

yet the thread started today posting nothing but topless beefcake is fine? You dont hear men whining about objectifying them?

Im will go reread that post to find your comment about how THAT thread should not exist

Haha, I agree I don't think men should be objectified like that either and that thread should also not exist - I don't think I said anywhere in my post that threads like this about men are okay, in fact I said they sound ridiculous. I haven't seen a thread like that but I also haven't been looking for threads like that and this one happened to pop up when I came on. How about we just don't objectify anyone at the gym? That would be greaaaat. How about everyone wears what they're comfortable wearing and we don't discuss whether you prefer seeing peoples *kitten* in x garment because I think most people don't go to the gym to be ogled.

If you look appealing, whether a man or a woman, and you wear a garment that accentuates the appealing look, people are going to admire it. That's just how it works. Additionally, there are people who are honest with themselves, and will comment about their appreciation. And there are others that are pleased with themselves, and enjoy the validation they get from others appreciating their appearance. And there are those who are not confident and/or do not desire the attention, and will do their part to avoid drawing attention. Objectification is an over-used term. I think it could be considered equally ridiculous to state that people shouldn't discuss what they find physically appealing. Bikini girl at the beach, spandex at the gym, David Beckham H&M commercial (which my wife gives her approval of, doesn't bother me one bit), beefy man thread from earlier today. People like them, let them talk about it.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Put the damn piccies up for the love of God!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Something like this is my fave:

815fd9f544dc8f7121b893c4dfe96b74.jpg

Then again...pants can be great too. Hmmm. Decisions decisions.

206ov1l.jpg
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Eh, if someone's hot, they are. And turn around is fair play. I like watching hot guys work out.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options

Eh, if someone's hot, they are. And turn around is fair play. I like watching hot guys work out.

^^^^THIS.

Slow Claps.

Rational thought takes over. Summertime_girl is already a friend of mine, but this just validates why she is awesome.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

^^^^THIS.

Slow Claps.

Rational thought takes over. Summertime_girl is already a friend of mine, but this just validates why she is awesome.

Right. Now take your shirt back off ;)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I look just as good in my Old Navy yoga pants as I do in Lululemon. But I work out at home so no one can validate that statement.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I look just as good in my Old Navy yoga pants as I do in Lululemon. But I work out at home so no one can validate that statement.

I believe it... and we could validate with pics... so there! lol
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

You have pics of me?

I iz scurrd
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

You have pics of me?

I iz scurrd

Yes, I've been saving screen shots every time you pop up, but sadly I still don't know where you live... FAIL... lol
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Lulu... Not even a debate!!

Especially when they had the REALLY see through material. Love love love seeing that with the thongs. My gawd!! Made it worth it to go to the gym.
    Nothing jeff...commando!!!! now theres your visual....
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Lulu... Not even a debate!!

Especially when they had the REALLY see through material. Love love love seeing that with the thongs. My gawd!! Made it worth it to go to the gym.
    Nothing jeff...commando!!!! now theres your visual....

after this comment had to check your pics..and the vote is yeah..I'd for damn sure check you out at the gym..damn girl!! Strong and sexy..now that's hot!!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can see the love for Lululemon

http://nydjlive.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/xsee-through-yoga-pants.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.1wn8IQEgKd.jpg

If I had her amazing figure I'd wear them too!
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WTF is wrong with my sweatpants and toothpaste stained Tshirt?

Also, i hope those women who started threads about being uncomfortable in the weights area because of the guys staring and got a bunch of "you're crazy, no one is looking" replies don't find this thread.

my gym actually has an entirely separate womens weight room which I really like for that reason. I'm fine with running in front of the guys but I feel awkward lifting in front of them.