I Don't Believe in Counting Calories on Thanksgiving

Options
124»

Replies

• lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    He he on the "Big fat puffy wrists" I finally lost weight, and I did not count a darn thing on Thanksgiving! It is astounding how high my nephew can pile a plate though! I cannot fit that much in at once thank goodness!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I will say for the record that I chose this "I am not counting calories on Thanksgiving" route and I am already back to the weight I was prior to Thanksgiving festivities in just 5 days. I gained 8 lbs. in 2 days and by yesterday I had already lost 7. I lost the other pound yesterday to this morning.

A holiday meal will not spoil your weight loss routine if you make sure to drink lots of water in the days before/after and get a little work out in here and there.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I love the reverse psychology idea...it's funny how when I give myself PERMISSION to eat things I love, I eat some--and really enjoy it--but I don't go crazy. It's when I feel I "shouldn't" that it's harder to stop...Propensity to misbehave! :D

-Carrie

PS I like this thread, too. Thoughtful ideas from all. Thanks!

I agree! I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted and as much as I truly wanted (though I intentionally ate a very lean lunch - just an english muffin) and when I ended up logging it all the next day (i entered all the recipes so I could accurately track leftovers and figured - why not see what i ate yesterday?) it ended up that I was about perfect to my maintenance calories for the day. I skipped dessert, but not because I told myself I could not have it or was worried about the caloires, but because I was not hungry. I think if I were depriving I would have ended up forcing it down. I ended up eating it on Saturday instead and know what? It tasked much better than if I had gorged myself on TGVN!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i ate what ever i wanted..and was naughty two days after... i still lost two pounds!