What was your NSV this week?

Options
I went jogging for the first time. I used to be too unfit to run more than a few seconds but I managed to handle 1 min bursts followed by 2 min brisk walk breaks for half an hour. Not much but it made me really happy! :)

Replies

• Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym alone for the first time! Up until now I've been dragged along by my mother.
  • Ranna51
    Options
    Good for you! Keep at it, someday you might run a marathon-
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    My gym trousers have got too big so they now fall down when I walk. This is obviously great but slightly inconvenient because the shop I like to buy them from is miles away!
  • Zomb1eMummy
    Zomb1eMummy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Another pair of my pants are too loose now to wear without a belt. And my husband said I can feel a difference now when he hugs me. :)
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I went walking with my boyfriend yesterday and he could hardly keep up with me. Before he had to wait for me because I was so slow, so this made me feel really good!
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Went to Costco yesterday, and I was looking at some workout clothes and decided to try on a long sleeve Puma shirt. I was feeling pretty good, so instead of picking up my standard XL, I tried on a L. A woman next to me started chatting about the shirt and said "Honey, you are swimming in that, try on a smaller size." I smiled and agreed so I tried on a M. Then the woman, said, "You are tiny! Just try on the small and I will let you know if it is too tight." First NSV, I have never been called tiny in my life. And second NSV, the S fit!! It felt so good to buy a size S!! Woot!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Watching my 8 year old daughter cross the finish line of her first 5k race while running next to her.

The best NSV is knowing that my and my wife's lifestyle changes are leading to our daughters not needing to make any later in life.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I went shopping yesterday, went to the dressing room, and for the first time in a loooooong time I didn't hate who was looking back at me, and on top of that! I bought a size 4 and - I haven't seen that size in over 12 years.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I managed to not buy any Valentines Day chocolate! And my husband made me valentines day brownies, and I've only had one brownie a day instead of eating the whole pan!!
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    15 pushups in P90 workout! ....still paying for it 2 days after though lol
  • annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I went to my future daughter in law's bridal shower yesterday. As I was walking up to the door, her aunt who has not seen me since I lost over 50 lbs. didn't recognize me and thought I was one of the bride's girlfriends. LOL She said I looked so young. I was rocking my skinny jeans and boots! That made me feel great!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I am able to fit into size 10 pants without holding in my gut. Tried on a dress from over 10 years ago, and it fitted beautifully, showed off how the fat is finally coming off my stomach

Bought a linen pants from Macy's (size 12) could not even go pass my butt, tried it on, it went past my butt and was too big in the waist. Had some dungarees I was determined not to give away (size 10), tried them fitted. Yesterday was definitely my happy day.

The inches have decided that it is not going to wait for the scale, its a race to the finish. For the time being I willing to take the inches over the scale.

I think that ADF (alternate day fasting) which I started 22 January 2014 have helped a lot. For me personally, it is not as hard as I thought it would be. The only downside is the constipation - I was a regularly 2-3 times a day person. I find taking psyllium husks with 1/4 cup orange and water helps.
  • joeykrax
    joeykrax Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ran 4 miles in 37 min with no breaks!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I weighed my pizza before I ate it and only ate what fit in my calorie goal. Normally I eat half the pizza.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Did my longest run yet this morning: 9 miles in 1 hour 47 minutes. :-) I have a half marathon coming up at the beginning of April, and I'm feeling really good that I'll finish the race in under three hours!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well my NSV is going to sound weird but here goes... Friday my husband and I went to a Mexican restaurant and I went ahead and ordered greasy, cheesy, unhealthy garbage. (First time in 6 weeks). I immediately felt sick afterwards, like my body was rejecting the food. I realized at that point how much more awesome it is to eat healthy foods! And that I want to continue doing so, because feeling like that, was awful.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My current profile pic is my NSV for this week. It was taken last night as my husband and I celebrated my birthday - I can't believe I look like this now! I have lost about 55 pounds to date. Still a long ways to go but dang, I am looking good so far!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    This weekend I wore the same dress (I wore it as a shirt) that I bought to wear last valentines day! OMG huge difference and looks much better on me now :happy:
    184358_10151495865651217_1868557030_n.jpg
    1900057_10152243757916217_90342348_n.jpg
  • hmmm...I would have to say pushing threw a 2 hour workout yesterday:bigsmile:
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I can see my upper abs
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!