What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    The size Medium cross-country ski pants that I ordered fit me perfectly.

Men's clothing isn't entirely free from vanity sizing - I've been buying cheap clothes from Old Navy as I lose weight, since I don't need items that will last forever, and I discovered that their 33 x 32 jeans have a real waist circumference of nearly 35 inches, not 33 - but athletic clothes tend to be more honest. That's what makes fitting a medium seem like a real victory.
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weighed my pizza before I ate it and only ate what fit in my calorie goal. Normally I eat half the pizza.

THis is awesome, I love pizza...my NSV is I can't decide what to wear today. I have been buying clothes from Goodwill and have found some awesome, cute clothes for cheap and. Now I have too many choices.
  • barbalari
    barbalari Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My teenage son, out of the blue yesterday said "blimey Mum, I've just noticed how much weight you've lost...it really shows!" I could have cried!! :laugh:
  • ninjakittens
    ninjakittens Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had the best NSVs the last 10 days or so. I just finished c25k last Friday. Last Sunday I ran my first race (4.4km trail race), finished it and didn't come last! On Thursday I ran 5k for the first time (37 mins), and today I took 2.5 mins off that time for 5k! So happy :)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I tried a p90x workout video for the first time since I was 225lbs. At 163 I was constantly surprised that I was able to do more than I expected. Before I would always do knee pushups. But this time I decided to try real pushups (fully expecting to max out at 2) and I did 20. Made me realize that I might not have been super weak before. Just super heavy. :)

2nd nsv for today was I met one of my profile goals. I was able to take my girls to the park and not feel too big to crawl all over the equipment. So I did and kept up with them!! That and good blood work put my mood over the moon.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I put my scale away in the closet for a month and took measurements and pictures. I've been doing great with my workouts and diet and I decided that I can do without the obsession over my "number" for a few weeks. Guess we'll see how I do!
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pulled my jeans (usually tight in waist and thighs) out of the dryer, put them on and had no trouble buttoning them! They were also slightly baggy in the thighs! *squee*
  • kattaw
    kattaw Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been out of the running game with various foot and ankle injuries for the last two months. Instead, I've been focusing a lot on building strength. Today I finally felt I could try running again, fully expecting to run a measly distance and feel like death the whole time. Once I started, though, I was surprised to find how effortless it seemed and ran my longest distance yet! I've gained so much lower body strength these last two months that my running abilities have been mightily improved.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Took my kids to a birthday party and didnt munch with the other moms. I sat and talked. I did not mindlessly eat chips, cake and ice cream!
    I am learning that my calories are not for waste, but for my waist! Lol
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bought new shoes and my feet have shrunk one and a half sizes :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I did six proper push-ups, on my toes. I've never ever attempted anything other than knee-style push-ups before.

Also, I bought a Size 8 dress. But I think that was just the brand having weird sizing, because in real life I've only just gotten down to a size 12.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    85 pound strict shoulder press...10# improvement. Yippie!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I ran five miles today. The only time I walked was on the really big hill after running about a quarter of it. Well, I walked as I was scaring off some dogs as well. Nasty little ankle biters.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This week I ordered some juniors skinny jeans online in a size 15 and they are completely perfect. One year ago I was in tight size 22 "mom jeans" from a rather matronly plus store - so this is a big NSV for me.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Fit into a size 8 prom dress :)
  • charcoalgriller
    charcoalgriller Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    15 pounds and two years ago I had knee surgery and quit running. I have been walking and elliptical but it's not the same.

I ran 4 miles yesterday!!! My thighs are still burning, but I'm smiling every step.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bought new shoes and my feet have shrunk one and a half sizes :)

This is awesome. I want my feet to shrink back to where they were when I was 20. Have grown 1.5 sizes. YUCK!!
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My NSV - I needed help with weight equipment so sucked it up and asked the only other person for advice on what squat rack was best. Never imagine myself ever doing that before.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    my most recent NSV is a bit embarrassing but i will share because i was pleased with myself and it made me happy, stepping ou t of the bath last night i realised that the towel fit comfortable around me with nothing showing. I know with doesnt sound like much but to me this is great, cant remember last time i could walk round in my towel without my bum or tum hanging out.
  • honeyspot1
    honeyspot1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This weekend I wore the same dress (I wore it as a shirt) that I bought to wear last valentines day! OMG huge difference and looks much better on me now :happy:
    184358_10151495865651217_1868557030_n.jpg
    1900057_10152243757916217_90342348_n.jpg

It hardly looks like the same outfit. Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!