Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Options

Replies

• GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Started in Jan 2011 at 424 and currently at 291.2 - It has been slow going, but hoping the slower the loss the less likely it will come back on. :smile:
  • mikeruz
    mikeruz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started MFP the beginning of August this year at 319.5 and have lost 52 pounds so far. I have done weight watchers before and lost some weight but it did not make you focus on the actual food calories and fat so when I got off the diet i gained it all back.

I exercise 5 days a week and try to net 1,800 calories. I am looking forward to stepping on the scale and making mu goal!

Welcome to the journey!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful thread for those of us that has started at a high weight. To see so many successes is so encouraging. I started at 360 and now down to 270. It just seems very hard to do this, and when I see others succeed, I know I can too.

I look to see how the OP was doing, but her account has been deactivated. So, thanks for all the posts I have read though this thread that has incouraged ME on my journey!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started at 291. I sure I was much bigger than that, but now I am down 35pounds. I am not where I should be but Im trying.
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just started tracking on MFP about 10 days ago. I would love to hear, esp. from the ladies, what your calorie goal is on a daily basis. The first week I lost 9 lbs sticking to a 1500 cal diet and working out between 20-30 minutes everyday on the elliptical. This week, I've lost nothing and actually gained about a pound. I love carbs and really would hate having to give them up. I'm pretty much a "eat whatever as long as it's in my calories" kind of dieter, because I often fall off the wagon if I have to eat salad and grilled chicken every day.

I guess I'm just a little confused because I keep seeing posts about eating back your calories and eating more to lose. Well, I tried eating the recommended 1840 for the past couple of days, and I just gained. Any tips?

SW: 344
    CW: 335
    Height: 5'7"

How you eat your calories is a huge part of feeling full and healthy. If you eat them all at once thats not helpful, and if you dont eat enough thats bad too.... its also important to make your calories count. High calorie food with little to no nutritional value (french fries, candy, ice cream etc) are not the way to go. I am terrible at this so I can honestly tell you that the days I try to cheat, I always suffer. I have heard different things about eating back your calories, people on here say to do it, but my nutritionist says that for extreme weight loss like mine, unless I am feeling tired or weak, then I shouldn't eat them back. Also, getting enough sleep is really important I am told. I started at 320lbs and in 3 weeks I am down 17lbs.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was 300 pounds last December. Lost a little after getting the flu, then started here in March. There have been times I lose fast, times it slows down, but hell, 89 pounds in under a year isn't that bad. Ofcourse I would love to speed it up, but it doesn't work that way.
  • jupitar90
    jupitar90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started a month ago at 313.8.....wanna request to be my friend...its good to know someone the size size working together! I Am happygurl687...u can do it!
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was 305lbs after this recent christmas and was 295 lbs when I joined nearly 2 weeks ago. I'm 5'11 as well and I'm dedicated to change myself for the better.
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nov 17th, 2013 started at 328.5. Down to 279.5 as of Feb. 14, 2014. Eat less, eat healthy, exercise and take it one day at a time and the weight will come off. This is a marathon for me not a sprint. I accept it will take a year or little more (hope not) to get to goal.

Anyone feel free to send friend request. Always nice to see how others are doing and support one another.
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started at 375 and am now just barely hovering above 300. I'm going to really be pushing to get below 300 in the next few weeks. It will be a huge milestone for me! It has taken over 2 years, but you just have to keep moving forward. Don't ever stop trying. That's the key. You can do this!
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My top was was 365. Started here last July at 350. I've been pretty steadily losing 10 lbs per month. I still have an incredibly bad arthritic knee and don't walk real well, but damned if I haven't started swimming like a fish. Yay. Not only can this be done, once you start it really isn't that difficult, and it's fun to watch the scale drop and to have to keep tossing out clothes. Add me if you'd like, I need friends in this for the long haul, I have so much further to go.
  • justicekenny
    Options
    I started at aprox. 365lbs in April of 2012. Coming up on 2 years soon. I am currently on a "cutting cycle" diet. One of things that have helped me is to look at 12 week chunks. What are my goals in the next 12 weeks? I never look passed 12 weeks. I have gone on 2 to 3 "metabolism" breaks where I eat at maintenance calories for 8 to 12 weeks, and always come back very motivated for another round of being in a caloric deficit. Also, take one week off from exercise completely to let your body rest every 12 weeks or so as well ... Good Luck ..
  • AlmightyAce
    AlmightyAce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started at 266 (my heaviest ever) and have been doing this for about two weeks now. Going to try to lose 100lbs. There are days where I get frustrated with scale weight fluctuations but I just have to keep telling myself that I need to do this. I truly hope you make your goal weight. :)
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems like it may be a long road, but think how you'd feel if you were 600 pounds starting.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I just started a week ago at 280. I was shocked I let it get so out of control.

I had lost weight before starting at 250 and then getting down to 175, and I gained it all back in just the last year.

I really hope to keep it all off this time /:
  • hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Started at 320 - now down 144lbs in about 14 months - it can be done :-)
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Started in August 2013 at 349 and now at 272. I learned about MFP from my nutritionist and have become an addict. I started with the Optifast program recommended by my doctor. I've always avoided the pre package programs but at 56 and that weight I thought it was time to get serious or get surgery.

I did have some issues transitioning from Optifast (five products a day) to real food but with the help of MFP did get the hang of it.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started at 325 in august, I am now weighing 237
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    As of today, I am under 300 lbs! That was a big goal for me. I still can't believe I let myself get that big, but I am really happy about the loss.

I'd love for others who started in the 300s to add me as a friend.

Maryann
  • Sirskot00
    Sirskot00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    started at 321. Have lost 10 lbs in 14 days and looking to keep losing.