Guys - Wowen in the gym - Lululemon's or short shorts

Replies

• ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Mr Ihad -
    C) LOL at anyone who found her comments upsetting, and then dismiss them as haters

??? I've never called anyone a "hater". :)

I look back one page and see this comment to Jof: "lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)"

It may not contain the word hater, but the basic concept of what I was saying is right there, ten minutes old.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    I love my Lulu`s :)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    i would like a definition on what a Wowen is before i pledge my allegiance.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Ohhhh... jof, you don't even know me. Bye!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    So anyways, fascinating as the previous few pages were, back on topic .. not a guy, but the ladies at my gym look smoking in short shorts or lulus. No preference :drinker: :love: I can appreciate both
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

I've seen enough of your comments over a long enough period of time to draw conclusions...

...and I'm okay with not actually knowing you.

And I comfortably stand behind every one of my comments...

...all of them, generally, and in this thread, specifically.
  • in_the_stars
    Mr Ihad -
    C) LOL at anyone who found her comments upsetting, and then dismiss them as haters

I look back one page and see this comment to Jof: "lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)"

It may not contain the word hater, but the basic concept of what I was saying is right there, ten minutes old.

Hahahaha! Seriously?
    And... another person to ignore.
  • hahahaha yesssss ^^^^ someone thought what i thought!
  • Lulululemons are too big for me, I'll stick with Hard Tail. :)

LOL...

...in.

be quiet jo, family of five. I've never done you wrong.

It doesn't have to be personal for me to call out the equivalence of you sitting in a welfare office just to tell people that you've never had money problems.

lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)

I am unfazed and unharmed. And your claim of "attack" seems a little misplaced. Nonetheless, your comments seem generally insensitive of *others*, even if they aren't necessarily for *me*.

It's called empathy in my case and an apparent lack of empathy in yours.

ETA: In case anyone is confused, my comment is in reference to more than just her one comment in this thread. She consistently makes comments bragging about never being overweight in threads where people are clearly struggling with weight. It's insensitive (IMHO), and I'm surprised MFP allows her to do it...but perhaps that explains she has had at least three different usernames in the past year or so.

I do recall a number of occasions in her previous account, where people were discussing their struggles with losing weight, and she dropped in to the thread essentially to:

A) state that she is thin and always had been

B) tell the posters that people who are overweight will always be overweight

It seemed quite obnoxious and intentionally hurtful. I struggle to understand her motivation in repeatedly doing this.

I see it as people looking for excuses. Not intentionally hurtful. Just a wake up call. :)
    I am curious how the bolded is in any way helpful or a wake up call!?!?
  • i would like a definition on what a Wowen is before i pledge my allegiance.

ok just learning to use these forums. THIS ^^^ hahaha
  • in_the_stars
    Lulululemons are too big for me, I'll stick with Hard Tail. :)

LOL...

...in.

It doesn't have to be personal for me to call out the equivalence of you sitting in a welfare office just to tell people that you've never had money problems.

lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)

I am unfazed and unharmed. And your claim of "attack" seems a little misplaced. Nonetheless, your comments seem generally insensitive of *others*, even if they aren't necessarily for *me*.

ETA: In case anyone is confused, my comment is in reference to more than just her one comment in this thread. She consistently makes comments bragging about never being overweight in threads where people are clearly struggling with weight. It's insensitive (IMHO), and I'm surprised MFP allows her to do it...but perhaps that explains she has had at least three different usernames in the past year or so.

I do recall a number of occasions in her previous account, where people were discussing their struggles with losing weight, and she dropped in to the thread essentially to:

It seemed quite obnoxious and intentionally hurtful. I struggle to understand her motivation in repeatedly doing this.

I see it as people looking for excuses. Not intentionally hurtful. Just a wake up call. :)

It's quite simple, actually. The fat cells that were created aren't going anywhere... stay low calorie for the rest of your life.
    You've made your bed, now...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

LOL...

...in.

It's quite simple, actually. The fat cells that were created aren't going anywhere... stay low calorie for the rest of your life.

This is how she tells people that they'll never be "skinny."
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member

LOL...

...in.

That's actually not true. the cells in your body renew after a while. From what i understand, after a number of years at a lower weight your body stops replacing the extra fat cells it no longer needs.

So you can stop being "helpful" now.
  • Lulululemons are too big for me, I'll stick with Hard Tail. :)

LOL...

...in.

That is actually incorrect.

All cells have a life cycle. Fat cells is I believe5 years. Your body only makes extra fat cells, beyond a predetermined healthy number, if you are over eating. This means that within 5 years of maintaining a healthy bf% you are just like you would have been if you had never been overweight to begin with.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member

Jof, I will hold you and rub your belly as you weep for all you've lost.

:cry:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

LOL...

...in.

This is how she tells people that they'll never be "skinny."

Or even if they are, they're still not as good as her.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member

LOL...

...in.

And this ^ is why your behavior comes off as egotistical and needlessly insensitive. You are, apparently, seeking only to hurt. You are essentially stomping in with the ever helpful sentiment of: "sucks for you". Is this the reason that you are on MFP?

Your behavior and attitude is callous and troubling.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Mr Ihad -

oh?

I believe you called me a really big woman who likes to hate on small girls.:indifferent:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Can someone give me the Cliff notes version of this thread?
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Why is a man having a topic like this? As if there isn't enough to keep women away from the free weights. Thanks..not. This will just keep women away from the free weight area. GRR!

Now they will think creepy guys are watching them. (Actually I do watch guys..I watch guys taking up valuable space in the squat rack doing stupid bicep curls or doing squats for 100 sets 1/4 of the way down. And I seethe in anger.) anyways, this is just another way for men to divide women. I already have women who think I am a beeatch because I wear lulu's and lucy's and athletica..etc..when really we as women should all get together, take over the free weight area and kick the guys out of the squat racks no matter what we are wearing. I hate being the only female using the squat racks. I could use more female power no matter what clothing we wear. clothing doesn't matter...what you squat and deadlift SHOULD! ;) Now if I catch a guy looking at me, I'll guess his bodyweight, lift it, and toss the barbell down. If the pervs are going to look, let them know you are STRONG. dont let this topic divide us ladies.