What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ordering a dress in a smaller size as motivation to work towards fitting into it ... Then when it turned it already fit loosely!
  • sheens0011
    sheens0011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!

This is one I have yet to do :S...but this week it is going to happen!! I usually go with a friend, or i just walk outside by myself or with the dog depending on how long i'm going for...but gym by myself will be a huge step in the right direction!!!!! :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I bought size 10 jeans. I was scared to try them on and THEY FIT! I haven't been a size in in about 10 years!.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I went way over my calorie limit on Saturday but on Sunday picked up with my normal diet (instead of giving up). Feels good.

I went to my first gym class every--BodyPump. I didn't like it at all, but at least I went. I plan to do a different class tomorrow.

Even thought it has been snowy and icy, I've managed to get in at least 5.5 miles of walking almost every day. I'm working towards 2000 in 2014.
  • RachelBec
    RachelBec Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1 - I flexed my arms in the mirror & saw muscles!!!!

2 - First time I got rid of an article of fat clothing

3 - Knee push-ups

Yes, yes, yes! :bigsmile:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a t-shirt a couple of years ago when he was in China. It was size XL, but evidently Chinese XL equals about a US medium. It was so pretty, I didn't get rid of it even though I looked like a sausage in it, and this weekend I put it on and it fits. :)
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have three: (1) I got rid of more "fat" clothes which is always a great feeling, (2) put on size 12 skinny jeans and they fit with no muffin top and (3) saving the best for last, this morning, my son said, "you are really looking good", then he followed me into the other room where his father was and said, "have you noticed how good she is looking?" My husband is great and has noticed, but to have my 21 years old son notice
    well, that is very special.
  • omgdramabye
    Options
    Congrats everyone on your NSV this week!

Mine was I was able to zip my jacket without sucking in a little! :laugh:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I did day one of level one of 30 Day Shred without dying.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Added another rep per set of assisted pull ups. Double my reps since end of Dec.
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I tried the fitness program at Reebounderz..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihgplPpxAfU
  • TXSweety09
    Options
    I actually have 3:

1) Saw a guy I used to worked with at the store. He just stopped and stared at me then said "OMG I almost didn't recognize you.. you have lost soooo much weight" and ran over to give me a hug.

2) Went out to karaoke and dancing with my husband. I used to just sit and listen to the music and sing some and dance very little. Well this time I was able to DANCE almost all night... 2 steppin and line dancin!!! all without my back or knees hurting!!!

3) When I started my weight loss journey I was wearing a size 30-32/34-36 pant with the stretch waist. Well this weekend I bought a size 24 zip up jeans! I have not bought zip up jeans in 10 plus years!

So I am feeling very accomplished right now. I still have a LONG way to go, but definitely making my journey in the right direction!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    PR'd half marathon #4, 1:52.26, about 5 minutes off my previous best.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1) Had the confidence to wear a bikini in a public pool for the very first time in my 42 years.
    2) Gave away too black sacks of too big clothes, including the ones which were too small when I first started losing weight.
    :happy:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I ran an 8 mile race. I shaved 4 minutes off my time from the previous year.

I didn't eat all the Talenti gelato in the fridge. :laugh:
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    my current profile pic!!! * looking as good if not better than i did when i was a freshman in college.

AND

looking experienced at the gym ( according to some ladies that asked for my help!)

:)
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    5 days in a row of Pilates and yoga! I was starting to realize how sedentary I had become,so I went on youtube, found some videos, and made a schedule for myself. I was so sore the first two days, but I kept at it anyway. I think doing basic yoga every night has helped with the soreness, as I am perfectly fine today.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Belt is now officially on the fifth hole (began at the second one).
    My raincoat is moving around on my body as I move, instead of me looking like a stuffed sausage in it.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When I look in the mirror I still see the 550 guy I was despite having lost a pretty good amount of weight. The ladies that own my gym are updating the website and asked if they could add my story to their site. Part of this included having my photo taken. They posted one of the group photos on Facebook last night and I wasn't completely repulsed seeing myself in the pic. I've got a long way to go in my journey toward fitness. The road toward changing my perception of myself is even longer but not cringing at the photo was a pretty big step.

7c1efe44d7ae0134f80f7eba6c666916_zpseca3ba2f.jpg

I also did a 5k on Saturday. My time was slow at nearly 45 minutes but I was happy my run/walk ratio.
  • Jinxy10236
    Options
    While my weight has plateaued at 15 lbs 2-1/2 months in, I've lost a total of 8". That made feel a little better!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!