What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a t-shirt a couple of years ago when he was in China. It was size XL, but evidently Chinese XL equals about a US medium. It was so pretty, I didn't get rid of it even though I looked like a sausage in it, and this weekend I put it on and it fits. :)

That's so cool! My husband had a similar NSV, a men's XL shirt from Japan that his tutoring pupil sent him. It's actually become slightly baggy on him now but at the time it was like half the size of his American XL shirts!
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    While doing my 30 day shred vid yesterday I kept telling myself "get ready for the hard part". Guess What! The hard part NEVER came. WooHoo!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I started T25 one week ago Monday, and I thought I was going to die after that first cardio session. Well I did the same DVD last night and while I didn't totally nail it, I was able to get through it without stopping!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Running to my own rhythm, music has become an accessory, not a necessity.
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My NSV last week was introducing the term "NSV" as part of my presentation to my bosses at our annual conference, and tying it into the theme of achieving my sales quota this year. Basically, my quota = the number on the scale I want to see, but you must never forget the NSVs along the way and how they are just as important in the whole process of achieving that goal.

The bosses loved it. :)

Mark
  • nanadeek
    nanadeek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a couple from this week:
    1) I have added 10 lbs to two different upper body exercises and increased incline and resistance two levels on ellipical.
    2) I noticed for the first time in my life, my thighs not longer start a fire when I walk/cycle - extending the life of my leggings.
    3) I fancy I see collar bones :)
    4) This one's TMI but - I'm getting a much "closer" shave thanks to those lost inches no longer obstructing my view of...things.
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Going out to buy some new gym clothes and realizing I'm down to a size medium gym shorts (which is kind of strange because I never would have thought a 6'2" person could ever be in a medium anything and have it fit properly and look ok lol).
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I have a couple from this week:
    1) I have added 10 lbs to two different upper body exercises and increased incline and resistance two levels on ellipical.
    2) I noticed for the first time in my life, my thighs not longer start a fire when I walk/cycle - extending the life of my leggings.
    3) I fancy I see collar bones :)
    4) This one's TMI but - I'm getting a much "closer" shave thanks to those lost inches no longer obstructing my view of...things.

Well done. Your #4 is funny. I remember when that happened to me, never knew I had something down there.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C25K and I was able to run for 3 minutes straight, no breaks and no gasping for breath. I was stunned. I haven't been able to do this since.... junior high school, at the very LEAST.

Not only that... but I did it TWICE. :drinker:
  • 2014NewMP
    Options
    I can see a difference in the size of my nose. lol Not sure why, but that's always such a good sign to me. HA
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I was in the cafeteria with a coworker at lunch and another coworker that I rarely see said she had to do a double take to realize it was me standing there because I've slimmed down a lot. She also congratulated me on having my lunch bag with me as she was purchasing lunch in the cafeteria. I think that may be a two-for.
  • djstatick
    djstatick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Having three co-workers (who don't know about my struggles) tell me that my face looks thinner, and having to put a new hole in my belt.
  • djstatick
    djstatick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Plus being able to stay below calorie goals for 3 consecutive days.
  • Ritadex
    Ritadex Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    While doing my 30 day shred vid yesterday I kept telling myself "get ready for the hard part". Guess What! The hard part NEVER came. WooHoo!

I had this happen today too. It was a great feeling. Also my husband telling me I was becoming a muscular beast after he had hugged me :)
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today I am officially on my last belt loop hole.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 of Ripped in 30 DVD by JM!
  • HealthyAgain61
    Options
    Wow size S that is fantastic. I currently buy tops at Costco XL and I have just started with MFP . I look forward to buying a size M one day soon (can't even imagine a Small but if I reach my goal I will ;).

Funny I recall when I was a size 4 - I am now a size 16. Well not that funny.....
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I bought a new pair of jeans that is one size smaller, hope to buying another smaller pair soon.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    1. Fit into a red dress for Valentines day that I never wore because it was too small.
    2. One of my co-workers commented on how thin my face looked. And I am just getting started.
  • rebornat45
    rebornat45 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can do 14 regular push-ups!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!