What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• charris5313
    charris5313 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought my daughter a new bra. She didn't like it, so even though it is a smaller band and cup size than I have been wearing lately, I tried it on.... IT FITS!!!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I wore a very flattering dress a friend had given me (see icon). Numbers-wise it is half the size I was when I started and I got a lot of compliments wearing it yesterday. I was walking over my lunch break and ran into an old colleague who stopped dead in his tracks with a look of disbelief and said "Is that Brookielaw?" It was the genuine confusion followed by a huge grin that did it.
  • makingamiracle
    makingamiracle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I went out for a celebratory lunch with my wife. We picked a restaurant that offered healthy items. I picked wisely and not only stayed within my calories, but ended the day about 300 under calories. I even limited myself to just one bite of her incredibly decadent dessert and did not feel deprived. Very unlike the old me. Hopefully, a sign of the strength of the new me.
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    January 2013, my doctor told me about MFP.

I started using it at the beginning of this year. I had my annual appointment today, and was able to tell him I'd lost 20 lbs using it. He smiled big and stood and shook my hand. Felt good.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Monday was a trying and taxing day, which includes a fender bender. I didn't run to comfort food, didn't even think of it!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My butt feels firmer and not so jiggly.

Yep, sometimes I just sit and touch my butt.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the fat around my waist and I can't pinch as much anymore! Also, these jeans I have on are looser around the waist than before.
  • marlea_0619
    marlea_0619 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    After being afraid to run hard (stress fractured hip that sidelined me for 10 months), I ran a 10-minute mile last night! Felt wonderful!
  • ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf
    Options
    I maxed 95 on power cling! First time ever!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I moved my belt in one notch, and did TWENTY INCH BOX JUMPS! Four sets of 15! Woo HOo!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My butt feels firmer and not so jiggly.

Yep, sometimes I just sit and touch my butt.

Me, too! (and so does my hubby :blushing: )
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    my coworker telling me like I look like I had lost weight!
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My belt, which is well worn in it outer (5th) hole is too big now, even in the inner hole.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bought a new swimsuit - size smaller than last time and I got it off the peg in Asda instead of ordering from a fat-fit catalogue.

OK it's a size 24 (UK) but I will wear it with pride when I swim my mile tonight :-)
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Put on a pair of jeans today that I have not been able to wear in awhile.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Put potato chips back at the store when totally craving salty carbs & did not cave to salty processed crackers as well.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Both pairs of my XL nike gym pants fall off especially when i run or do jumping jacks. I'm now a size L but purchased a new pair in size M. This morning I was on the treadmill and had to deal with my pants falling off again!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Fit into a pair of jeans from the late 90s that I wore when I was a teenager.

Discovered that a couple of medium sized sweaters my wife bought to be worn when I'm at goal (not at goal) are fitting me now and will be baggy when I'm done.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a little bummed because I'm actually UP about a 1.5 as of weighing in this week. However, TOM is about here. I'm starting to see cheekbones again. No more squirrel with nuts in its face face for me.
  • grapefruithero
    grapefruithero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have two this week: the XL running pants I bought two weeks ago now fall off when I jog or do jumping moves. And last night I saw skittles and starburst (my absolute favorites and total weakness) on clearance at the drug store and didn't buy them :) It may sound silly to some of you, but exercising that self control was a huge step for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!