Swim suit approprate?

Options
Is it ok to walk around in a bikini and shorts and flip flops in the summer on the weekend? Where is the line drawn on where this is appropriate and not? gas station run, grocery store to grab something quick, around town? how about if your just in your yard doing chores, walking around ect. By the way I am 27 if that is to be considered.

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I don't think a bikini should be worn in a store. It's for the beach
  • Nikita86xo
    Options
    A bathing suit is for the pool, beach, lake, tanning in your back yard, water park, etc.
    In my opinion it should not be worn out to a store, around town, etc... I'd throw a halter top or spaghetti strap shirt on over the top.
  • copselily
    Options
    I think decide this for yourself. If you feel comfortable, go ahead. I mean, why not? Men walk around with shirts off in summer and no one really bats an eyelash about that. People will probably judge you but don't let it get to you.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Do you live in a beach town?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Why would you do chores in a bikini?

Bikini top and shorts I get...
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much attention you feel you need that day I suppose.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Probably depends on where you live as to what kind of looks you will be given. In central Florida I am within 30 minutes to the beach, the river, and several springs. It is not at all uncommon to see bikini tops in the grocery store, gas station, Walmart, anywhere really. Most often shorts will be worn over the bottoms.
    Doesn't bother me in the least.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to walk around in a bikini and shorts and flip flops in the summer on the weekend? Where is the line drawn on where this is appropriate and not? gas station run, grocery store to grab something quick, around town? how about if your just in your yard doing chores, walking around ect. By the way I am 27 if that is to be considered.

if you're the one wearing the bikini its up to you where you wear it, surely? why be bothered about what anyone else thinks? you're 27, not 7, you can make your own choices and do what you want...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your profile pic, wearing a bikini in public seems appropriate.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of reputation you would like to have. . . . .

I also agree that it matters where you are--in beach towns it might be different, since you presumably might actually be headed to the beach. In my city, which is not close at all to any kind of recreational water, people will just think you are cheap, low class, or worse. But if that doesn't bother you, then do what you wish.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Go to any beach city and you'll be fine. Just don't do this in OREM, Utah.:laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1205543-don-t-walk-around-in-a-bikini-in-this-town

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No not a beach town a river town and Im a river rat that lives in the country. I have always kinda lived in my swimsuit during summer and on the water daily. I also have tattoos that only show when in a swimsuit that I love stars down ribs full back angel wings. I am normally on water or are property unless running to town to grab something quick
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yes, its fine
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think it may be more of a question of where you live. If you live along the beach (like within a couple of miles from the ocean) then I'd say it would probably be appropriate to run into stores in that area and be out in your yard dressed in a bikini top and shorts. However, if you don't live anywhere close to the beach, I don't think it would be appropriate at all in a store. Maybe ok in your yard if it was really hot outside.
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sure, I would love to see all the girls wearing a Bikini all the time!!!!!!!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Maybe walking around your neighborhood and definitely in your own yard but not to the store or gas station. My thinking on this is that you see people running or walking in just a sports bra - and a bikini top (assuming it has good coverage anyway) isn't that much different. Most stores have a no shirt/no shoes policy and I think this would also apply to a bikini top. As one of the above posters said, throw on a t-shirt or tank top.

Just realize that you may get looks - both admiring and judging. If that bothers you, err on the side of modesty and cover up.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I would agree with a tank top while visiting retail establishments. Other than that, do what's comfortable.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Miami, sure.

New York, not so much.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    A one piece IMHO is no different that a body suit so that would be okay. A bikini top with a cute cover top would be alright for a beer run. Some things people wear show less than some bikini tops so I really don't have a problem with it but for the sake of saving yourself from state and prudent comments I wouldn't go grocery shopping in just a bikini top. A one piece with with shorts, sure. As for walking your dog, doing yard chores or other outside activities as long as your comfortable, go for it.
  • IrishGabriella
    IrishGabriella Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think you should just put a vest top over your bikini top when you're going to the shop/store.

In certain parts of Dublin you'll see a lot of girls/women going out in public in their pyjamas. :noway: I hate it! It's so skanky!