Frozen is really about homosexuals? agree/disagree....

1235»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I find it extremely telling that she started by saying "I had this idea a long time ago, but after discussing it with a bunch of people I couldn't find anyone who agreed with me, so I decided to publish it."
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    I wrote a similar blogpost on Dallas Buyers' Club - that movie is total gays
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Saw it was a blog post by a Mormon woman and that was enough for me not to bother to read....

not real sure this is much different than the bigotry displayed in the article mentioned?

In any case I havent seen the movie and likely wont but agree many people find the devil where ever the look for it :-)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Saw it was a blog post by a Mormon woman and that was enough for me not to bother to read....

not real sure this is much different than the bigotry displayed in the article mentioned?

In any case I havent seen the movie and likely wont but agree many people find the devil where ever the look for it :-)

Agree!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    OMG! There are homosexuals among us?!

Ok. Honestly, I barely made it past the first paragraph in that link. I'd rather read more Taubes . . .
  • OMG! There are homosexuals among us?!

So I've heard.....
  • So let me get this right basically anyone who has special talents (especially that have historically be associated with another gender), performs in live theater, challenges the sexual norm (or really any norm but the one she has chosen) or is reluctant to share something about themselves are part of the gay agenda? This seems to include so much.....is computer coding camp for high school girls part of the agenda? Rain Man....gay agenda movie? It is clearly a movie about being different and embracing that to make the world better....like Lean In for toddlers. Now I suppose that different could include being gay but it could also mean having red hair to being good at chess to having a learning disability....really anything. I mean based on her criteria I am pretty sure she can turn any movie into what ever her current problematic agenda of the year is. Is she ok with any Disney Movie....really any movie?
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    This_is_ridiculous.gif
    this
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    OMG! There are homosexuals among us?!

So I've heard.....
    funny :yawn:
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Disagree. I feel bad when people read into things all the time. It would be tough living such a judgmental paranoid life.
    before-you-speak-to-me-about-your-religion-cory-booker.jpg

+1
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    I feel like I need to see the movie, first....

Exactly
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Not seen the movie nor read the article, but based on the question asked

If so, so what?
    question buried in statement yes you ask?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member

I am a Mormon woman and I can assure you that no matter what else you and I would disagree on, I think we can agree that that woman is a wacko.

I loved the movie and have watched it more than once with my kids. I think you can find a hidden agenda in almost anything if you are looking for it. I am choosing to take this movie at face value and if is sharing any message I would say that it is to not let fear rule your life and to support your family and lean on them when you need it. But whatever. To each their own.

Wonderful... a voice of sweet reason.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I think a very important lesson in the movie is that women don't need men to rescue them and they should make smart choices and not give their trust away so easily. That the love between women: friends and sisters is valuable.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    O.o

I still like the movie.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I think a very important lesson in the movie is that women don't need men to rescue them and they should make smart choices and not give their trust away so easily. That the love between women: friends and sisters is valuable.

And also what other people said about how living in fear makes things worse and does not teach people how to make smart choices and live a full life.

Along with the regular same old lesson that something bad always happens involving parents (like they die young and stuff).