5ft tall women.....what is your goal weight??

Replies

• wendybirdgirl
    wendybirdgirl Posts: 52 Member
    I am 5'1", and 47 yrs. old. My current weight is 151, and my goal weight is 125. I feel like I may ultimately want to be 115, which is what I weighed about 14 years ago. But, I need to have a goal that I feel I can reach realistically. Right now, 125 seems enough of a battle for me.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    I'm 32 and 5'2. In high school I weighed in the 112-125lb range and I was extremely bony aside from my muscled calves and thighs. Every single bony prominence in my body stuck out big time :S So my goal weight is very high compared to most-I think 135 will be a healthy weight for me. The lightest I've been in my adult life was 150 and I was a size 8/9 and felt I could lose another 10-15lbs and be lean, fit, and healthy. So I guess it really depends on your body composition.
  • Hey there! I'm 5'2" inches (so not so far away!) I'm going for about 150lbs, but I have a large frame and I'm already pretty muscular. In all honesty I think a goal weight is really something that's individual to the person. You could be 5'0" and nothing but lean muscle and weigh 120lbs, but look 105. All in all I go with measurements like your waist, bust, and hip to see any real differences. And if you want to avoid the scale or a tape measure just see how much you've lost by which size of clothes you can wear now. You get to go shopping and feel better about yourself! :)
  • ochibi91
    ochibi91 Posts: 115 Member
    Hi~ I'm 5 " 1 and my goal weight is to be 105pounds! I'm currently 116lbs so that's about 10 lbs to go.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    I'm 5'0" and currently ~122 lbs but my lowest was 116 and highest was 163. At my current weight I have a bf% of ~30. My ultimate goal is to be about 115 lbs but at a significantly lower body fat, something like 20-22%.
    Even at 116 lbs, I don't feel particularly thin. Right now at 122 I wear a size 7 in pants. I think to be thin enough to have a flat stomach, without adding muscle, I would need to be around 100 lbs.
  • brandybea
    brandybea Posts: 46 Member
    My first goal is to get to 160 my second will prob be 140 or a size 10
  • Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    I'm 5 ft 3 (am I too tall? Lol) In high school I was thin at 112 and though I would love to be that weight again, I have set a more realistic goal of 125. My lowest as an adult was 125 and it was a healthy, comfortable weight for me.
  • lacar60299
    lacar60299 Posts: 52 Member
    Wow....thanks for all the feedback! It seems like the GW of 117 was right compared to all of your #'s. I guess I just can't ever imagine weighing that little, so it was kind of mind boggling to me.

One thing to mention, I've only lost 7.5 lbs so far, but today a co-worker of mine did comment on the loss. That felt great! When you're a shorty, EVERY pound shows.....but on the other hand, EVERY pound LOST shows too :)

I'm looking for some new MFP friends, so please feel free to add me. :)
  • My goal weight is between 110-115lbs. Though I was 140lbs at one point and still looked thin. But, I was 'skinny fat' lol.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    i'm 5'2"ish and I hover around 150 lbs right now. Ideally, I'd like to be more around 120. The weight doesn't matter as much as the pants size does to me. I just feel like I'll never be one of those girls who weigh 100 lbs only. I just don't have the frame.

Definitely this! I'm about 5'2" and have a goal weight of 145 lbs, but I want to be a tone 145 (tone=muscle).
  • kozlow27
    kozlow27 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm 5'1" and 32 years old. In my profile photo I an 123 lbs and wore a size 6 jeans. I was on the higher side of the 'healthy' BMI range at 123 lbs but I also had a lot of lean muscle. I would like to get back to 125 lbs but would be happy at ~130.
  • I'm aiming between 135-140...At that point I want to start toning up, so who knows where I'll end up.
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    I'm just shy of 5ft and started out at 169lbs. Right now I am at 145lbs and my UGW is 117lbs. To be honest, once I hit the 120s, I'm going to re-evaluate because my body composition is a little weird. Right now I wear a slightly tight size 4, so I'm guessing that with another 20lbs down, I should be in a comfortable size 2 and might just be happy with my size.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    I'm 5ft 0 and I was happiest at around 100ish pounds. I was still healthy at this weight and danced alot. I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds to get there. It'll be about half a pound per week- which is fine by me. If i gain muscle and the weight goes up, I'll be happy with it- i just don't want to jiggle in the wrong places!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    I am 5'2 and for right now, my goal weight is 140ish. I want to see myself at that point before I try for any lower. I have a friend who is my height and weighs 98lbs soaking wet and to me that is WAY too skinny. She looks like a twig.
  • MissLakeTime
    MissLakeTime Posts: 59 Member
    I'm 5'1, 38 yo, goal weight 125 lbs. Feel free to add me . I appreciate friends especially that have an open diary. I really think that helps!
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    I'm 4'11" and look and feel good at 112-115. I have a small frame, so, I start getting love handles, etc, above 115. Below 112 I'm tired and really don't look as good naked. :smile:
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    I'm 5 foot, 37yo, and my goal weight is 105-107. I have about 5-7 pounds left to go. I've always been on the small side. I graduated high school weighing 97.
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Hi! I'm also 5'0". I had written down from somewhere online that for my height, a healthy weight is between 98-132 lbs. Years ago, I got down to 104 lbs. but that was really TOO thin! That was a few years ago and right now, I'd be happy to be around 115 lbs. Take care!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    I'm 5'2" 37y/o and currently 161 btwn size 8 & 10. My ultimate goal is to be 145 which was my high school weight when I was most fit and a true size 6. For me this will be very proportionate because I am very busty (G cup) which has not changed even with my 60lb weight loss thus far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!