exercise calories explained

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Shastabaldi
    Shastabaldi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This was by far the best explanation I have run across and I THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have been losing inches but not pounds and am really trying to turn this into my lifestyle. After reading several articles and not making progress like I wanted to, it occured to me I might not be eating enough. I'd read that you are supposed to eat back your calories but didn't understand why. Now, I do. I've already lost 45 pounds and have 25 more to go. I think this will help me immensely. Have a great day!
  • BKNeenz
    BKNeenz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this. It was getting confusing and things not being explained clearly in some discussions I was reading. This makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE!! Thank you!
  • bkkbro
    bkkbro Posts: 2
    Options
    well said Vailara
  • bkkbro
    bkkbro Posts: 2
    Options
    while the explanation is great...I'm still confused lol~ my husband insists 1200 cal is too low.(his prefered sight for calculations suggests I need 1577) I eat with the 1200cal as my goal and eat some of the earned cals back.(?)...lifestyle is set at moderately active (changed from lightly~cal goal did not change) Going to get him to read your post and make sure I am doing this right. Thanks for the information
    if you have anything other than sedentary set on MFP, you should not eat any of the exercise cals back, they are already included in the Calorie goal MPF is setting for you.

I don't think they are. When you set up your activity level with MFP it's about your normal day to day activity without exercise. It gives recommendations of occupations for different levels of exercise. For instance, a carpenter who exercised for 10 minutes a day would be "highly active" and a waitress would be "active" because of their jobs. They would then log their exercise and eat back exercise calories. A bank teller who went to the gym for 2 hours a day would be "sedentary" but would also log and eat their exercise calories.

That seems to be the way MFP is designed to work (although you can use it in different ways).
    This make no sense to me. I will have to disagree, but whatever. I think it makes the most sense to set it to sedentary no matter what, unless you exercise or do HEAVY physical activity for a living.

maybe you are stupid thats why its non-sense to u ?