Let's discuss hate, shall we?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i hate...

...asparagus, black licorice, and brussels sprouts.

Second that.
    I like asparagus. I've never been brave enough to try brussels sprouts. Black licorice and its ilk can bite me.
  • newfiechick709
    Options
    I love all three of the above :)
  • nicolabarratt267
    Options
    I'll hold my hands up and admit that I have no clue about nutrition and weight loss and I need some god damn tough love! Bring it on!
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I totally feel what youre saying, but...

When people on here use that word "hate" or "haters", its referred to as a slang word meaning that people stick their two cents in where its not wanted and /or they give negative feedback where it is warranted. And typically those saying they have "haters" really need to take a step back and realize this is a public forum and to not be so sentive to the antics/ opinions of strangers, especially if they post something that is narceessistic and or innapropriate.

Some people are naturally negative. Let them be that way! They obviously are just unhappy with themselves and wanna put thier bad juju on others.
    Dont sweat the "haters!" LOL :tongue:
    I don't understand the "but" because you merely restated my thesis.

umm...i was trying to be supportive of what you were saying? that the use of that particular word is the wrong context. What you wrote (in my eyes) seemed to put off the vibe that you didnt realize that the word "hate" on this and apparently other sites and whatnot is being used in the slang terms, not the literal meaning. i apologize if what i wrote offended anyone...
  • i like my hate...it's a burning hot steel sword that runs through me...

zings in my veins...and results in glorious copulations of

rage bangs...

give me ALL the hate...let it flow through me...

I expect no less from you.

I know. I'm getting redundant; aren't I?
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    some people are just so sensitive geez
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    This is the thread that prompted this post, just for reference:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1207462-i-am-not-feeling-the-love?page=7#posts-18886868

Disagreeing with someone or being blunt is not hate. I doubt anyone on this website cares enough about anyone else here to actually hate them.

This is heavily on my mind because I watched The Monuments Men earlier this week. There is a scene where they're looking for art the Nazis stole and they come across some barrels filled with little bits of gold. One character reaches in, looks a little more closely and says, simply, "Those are the teeth."

I don't think I need to explain what that means.

That, my dears, is hate. What happens on this website is human interaction and some people simply clash in personality and manner. It is not hate.

Why won't you support me on my journey? We are all here for the same reason!

I can't even type that with a straight face. Constructive critisism is lost on people. I blame T ball.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

When people on here use that word "hate" or "haters", its referred to as a slang word meaning that people stick their two cents in where its not wanted and /or they give negative feedback where it is warranted. And typically those saying they have "haters" really need to take a step back and realize this is a public forum and to not be so sentive to the antics/ opinions of strangers, especially if they post something that is narceessistic and or innapropriate.

Some people are naturally negative. Let them be that way! They obviously are just unhappy with themselves and wanna put thier bad juju on others.

umm...i was trying to be supportive of what you were saying? that the use of that particular word is the wrong context. What you wrote (in my eyes) seemed to put off the vibe that you didnt realize that the word "hate" on this and apparently other sites and whatnot is being used in the slang terms, not the literal meaning. i apologize if what i wrote offended anyone...

You didnt even describe the term correctly. Hating is when someone talks down about someone's success out of jealousy. I am offended by your poor definition. :angry:
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmm coffee..... i hate not having it .....
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You can't spell hate without ate. And people on this site are hungry. Coincidence?

s0wleh.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options

No, no. I was just confused. lol It sounded like you were disagreeing somehow, but you weren't.

I do know what "haters" means (and think it's a stupid word). But if you read through some of the threads, people really do think people are being hateful, which is a bit different. Hold on and I will pull a specific quote from tnat thread to give you better context.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Will haters hate? I hear they tend to but I'm not sure.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    i hate...

Okay, I agree except I actually like properly prepared asparagus and brussel sprouts. Black licorice, liver (any edible liver, not the one that is in my body) and cream of wheat (grits, oatmeal, anything that texture) can hate me right back if they want!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Here you are:
    They get answers... but also a lot of negative comments with it, if people deem their question "stupid" or "theres a million of posts like this", etc etc. All I'm saying is, if they want an answer, give it to them. But don't hate. This world has enough hate in it already.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    iky2t.jpg
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    i hate...

Second that.

You're so mean, you're hating on brussels and I love them!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Here you are:
    They get answers... but also a lot of negative comments with it, if people deem their question "stupid" or "theres a million of posts like this", etc etc. All I'm saying is, if they want an answer, give it to them. But don't hate. This world has enough hate in it already.

To which I reply, "If you don't want to see critisism or potentially negative feedback, don't post a stupid or redundant question. This world has enough stupidity in it already."
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    People don't mean to be so hateful. They're just so hungry :sad:
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I agree that hate is not the right word. I have been other forums, I am not as vocal here, where I was attacked for having a different opinion. I was actually told by someone that I was being mean and attacking them because I quoted a FACT. I mean really facts have no place in an discussion. I have seen many people get attacked for the same thing.

Like you said from the movie that is HATE. HATE is also when you want to protest a funeral or burn a cross or blame the "insert race or religion". Mostly HATE killing.

Rage and anger are something else, so is indignation.

Negativity is also not always what I see when people are called "haters" either. A lot of time they are labeled that way because they don't agree with you. Hell I was attacked for saying bacon is fatty and not a diet food, you would have thought I called this persons mom a slut or told them they were the most horrible person on the planet. I was like WOW. Not only that there was an LOL at the end of my statement, that is the general term for Joking around. Yea I stay away from most threads for that reason