When people get the wrong kind of "treat" for you.

Options
Okay, so this may seem really selfish, but I think it's worth asking.
I really freaking love cadbury creme eggs. So much. You have no idea how much.
And I've been craving one, so I have 200 calories today to be able to have one, and I asked my boyfriend to grab one on his way home from work.
He got the caramel kind --;
And I feel like a total jerk if I don't want it, and would feel even worse asking him to go back and get the right kind.
But I also don't want to waste 200 calories on something I don't want that badly.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Eat it and enjoy it?

Go return it and get the right one with him?

Tell him its the wrong one and say sorry you won't eat it and let him eat it?
  • deadyankee
    Options
    I would just be honest otherwise he might just do it again and, let's be frank, he NEEDS to understand that a caramel egg is a pitiful substitute for the mighty creme egg
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I would just be honest otherwise he might just do it again

Is that like a valid thing to do though? Or am I just being super selfish and crazy?
    If I am, please let me know and I will promptly get over it :P
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you can't get it yourself?
  • lunapetu0311
    Options
    It depends on your relationship with your boyfriend. If he's the type that wouldn't mind going back to get you the right one, then be honest with him. If you think it's something that will upset him - then just eat the caramel one :) I've been married for 12 years and have no problem telling my husband to go back and get me the right one!

I don't think it's selfish though -- it's not what you wanted. Maybe go get it yourself?
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would just be honest otherwise he might just do it again and, let's be frank, he NEEDS to understand that a caramel egg is a pitiful substitute for the mighty creme egg

Agreed the cream egg is far superior. Now I want one thanks guys...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Is that like a valid thing to do though? Or am I just being super selfish and crazy?

You're asking whether it's appropriate to communicate things you feel to your boyfriend? Think about that for a minute.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Is there a reason you can't get it yourself?

No, I could go out and get one. We don't live near a CVS or anything that carries them, so it'd be a little bit of a trip sans-car. I can just get one next time I'm on the train. He asked me if I wanted anything so I threw that out there. Another time I could go and get it, but I'm mostly asking if it would be terrible for me to say no what he already bought.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

You're asking whether it's appropriate to communicate things you feel to your boyfriend? Think about that for a minute.

I just don't want to be a **** about a piece of candy .-.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

smile at him. tell him you forget to say you wanted the other kind and that it was your mistake. thank him for being so thoughtful. ask him if he'd like it instead because you don't really like the type he got you.

everybody makes mistakes. i'm sure your boyfriend will understand.
  • MarKayDee
    Options
    Okay Cadbury eggs are so gross, like just thinking about eating one has made me queasy, but I have been craving this one dumpling place for a month, delicious savory dumplings. Today is basically a "jog your butt off to be able to go get dumplings and drinks because you need time with adults" day for me, if I trusted my husband to order me my treat and he got it wrong, I would give him the wrong option for himself and just go get what I wanted myself.

Really though, that gritty cream, how do you manage? The caramel is sooo much better :)
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I usually just glare at him and pretend that it's the worse thing ever as I eat it (I enjoy the caramel over cream, but will eat both). If he picks up something I simply don't like, I tell him to eat it. If he doesn't want it, we save it and give it to our friends who have trouble with their blood sugar dropping. :laugh:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Just break up.

Nailed it.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

Agreed the cream egg is far superior. Now I want one thanks guys...

Everyone who disagrees with us is wrong <3
  • TheRealMarsupial12
    Options
    I'd thank him, give it to a friend, and be more clear next time.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Then don't be a ****. Communicate without being a ****.
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

was waiting for this.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

Then don't be a ****. Communicate without being a ****.

*Cries and rocks in a corner*
    I'm bad at feeeeeeeeelings.
    Okay >> I got it. Just do it. It's not crazy. Thank you.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love the crème eggs but aren't they just 150 cal? The ones I get are.

Anyway...in that situation I'd enjoy the caramel egg but tell my husband he got the wrong thing so that it wouldn't turn into an ongoing thing and come up 7 years down the road "I didn't wanna hurt your feelings back in 2014" LOL

Then again, I like caramel too. I really truly DISLIKED the caramel egg, I would sweetly tell him it was the wrong thing but I really don't go for caramel - and offer it to him instead. I wouldn't ask him to go and get the correct treat. However, he probably would.