When people get the wrong kind of "treat" for you.

Options

Replies

• SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Just break up.

yea you should totally just break up - this kind of blatent disregard for your cadbury egg preference clearly indicates that he does not care about you at all...

honestly, i cant even believe this is a serious question.... get your own damn cadbury eggs if you want one so bad
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

yea you should totally just break up - this kind of blatent disregard for your cadbury egg preference clearly indicates that he does not care about you at all...

honestly, i cant even believe this is a serious question.... get your own damn cadbury eggs if you want one so bad

That wasn't the point.
    The point was what to do when someone gets something for you specially, and you don't want to fit it into your calories o-O
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    He may have just grabbed the wrong one by accident. I cant tell you how many times my husband has forgotten to get me soy milk on a starbucks run even though i hate the taste of regular milk lol.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I get off my *kitten* and get myself the right one.

Or I say, "thank you"

Or if I just can't keep it to myself I say,

"Thanks for stopping at the market for me. Actually, this is a caramel egg. It's not a big deal, I still really appreciate you trying. I just wanted to let you know for next time."
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and caramel...baby it's just meant to be. When it's right it's right and you can't fight these things. They go together in ways that tease and satisfy. So smooth, so creamy, dancing and swirling together in your mouth until your eyes start to roll back a little bit.

tumblr_inline_mir0lg0r6j1qz4rgp.gif
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It is a little known fact, but guys screw things up like this all the time.... so you will stop asking us to do things.

I hate doing the laundry, so I just mangled some of my girlfriends stuff in the washing machine and now I never have to do it.

Victory!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It is a little known fact, but guys screw things up like this all the time.... so you will stop asking us to do things.

I hate doing the laundry, so I just mangled some of my girlfriends stuff in the washing machine and now I never have to do it.

Victory!

QUIT GIVING AWAY OUR SECRETS
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    I kinda feel like certain people are missing the fact that he asked if I wanted anything from the store :3
    It isn't like I called him demanding he go on a quest to get me cadbury eggs.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Victory!

QUIT GIVING AWAY OUR SECRETS

*whispers*

We already know.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    CARAMEL CREME EGG?!?!

Thats just wrong and can only be explained by his complete lack of love and respect for you. It was probably the one left over from his other girlfriend.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    CARAMEL CREME EGG?!?!

Thats just wrong and can only be explained by his complete lack of love and respect for you. It was probably the one left over from his other girlfriend.

This guy. This guy gets it.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    CARAMEL CREME EGG?!?!

This guy. This guy gets it.

:happy: No really just tell him thanks but that you dont really like that kind. Its not like he went way out of his way and should be hurt about it.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Walk to the store then you can have 2 creme eggs. Trade your caramel and buy another one for the calorie burn, and inconvienience... :P
  • jesakill
    jesakill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CARAMEL CREME EGG?!?!

Bwaahahaha! too funny!

My response: Thank him for it... save it in the fridge "til later" and have it become your emergency chocolate in the house...
    Next time he asks and you have 200 calories to spare, specify: The Cadbury Creme Egg - the original blue/yellow one with the white and yellow sugar goo on the inside - not the caramel kind.

I can relate to this entirely: I mentioned to my BF a few weeks ago (he's still in training) that for me, it's very important to get flowers on valentine's day - they don't have to be expensive, it can be a bunch of daffodils for $2.50 from trader joes, but that it makes my valentine's day to get them and that i feel sad if i don't. What's he show up with? Chocolates. -_- What part of "F-L-O-W-E-R-S" didn't you understand, and did the thought that i've been being very strict on my diet and that these might not fit into them enter your head? <--is what i said on the inside. BUT i reminded myself that it was the thought that counts, reminded myself that i'm lucky to have a boyfriend who gives me gifts of any sort, and was able to graciously thank him sincerely (if a few moments delayed). NEXT year.... i will be more specific with my not-so-"hint-like"-hint. "Flowers, not candy, not balloons, just flowers." LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would tell my husband that he got the wrong thing, but that it was my fault for not being specific.

Then, I'd decide how important it was to have the creme egg. If I really, really, wanted it, I'd give him the caramel one and pick up a creme egg the next time I was out. If not, I'd eat the caramel one.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Wow....three pages over a piece of chocolate ( not even really good chocolate ...lol ) !
    I wish I lived in a 1st World country and could share those problems......:o).
    Now back to filling the bath tub, pots and buckets with water, because due to a chronic water shortage my part of the town will have the water turned off this pm until late Sunday night, so another part of the city can have water.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    I would tell my husband that he got the wrong thing, but that it was my fault for not being specific.

Then, I'd decide how important it was to have the creme egg. If I really, really, wanted it, I'd give him the caramel one and pick up a creme egg the next time I was out. If not, I'd eat the caramel one.

This is probably exactly what I'll do c:
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    just break up.