Do you have a FitBit

Options

Replies

• Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I almost have one!
    was meant to get delivered today but I was out so have to go collect it tomorrow
    me and my bf both ordered ones as well as the wifi scale :D can't wait to play around with it!

Oh I'm so excited for you.
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Venting here feel free to ignore.
    Ordered my new fitbit one on ebay. Paid £6.95 for express delivery. I checked what express delivery meant on the ebay site and it says next day delivery before 1pm. So I expected my fitbit today. 1.30pm half an hour after it should have been delivered I got an ebay message saying dispatched. Sent 2 emails o seller tasking about delivery and checking if it,s express for delivery tomorrow and got nothing back.
    If I don't get it tomorrow then I have been charged £6.95 for first class. If it comes Saturday or Monday then for 2nd class. So annoyed. This also means I have to wait in ijust in case in needs my signature. I checked the feedback and it was 100% with comments about fast delivery.
    Vent over.

:noway: :explode: :angry: They should give you your money back for express
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I love mine, for the sleep tracker and the accountibility factor. The only problem I have with it is it tracks your calories based on BMR, and with a lower BF% I find it underestimates how much I really burn. I've been tracking my weight and calories on a spreadsheet for almost seven months, so I'm certain I have a TDEE of close to 2600, and my Fitbit has never said I've burned more than 2200, and most days it's closer to 2000, so I know it's underestimating that quite a bit. I can only imagine it skews the numbers higher for those with a bigger BF% than the average, which could lead to overeating for some.

I noticed mine always told me to eat less than 1200 so I wasn't too keen on that at all

I think the idea would be to walk/run more, so it gets you over the 1200 mark. This is what it is for. Motivating you to do more. If you are already very active, it is very likely that your put your numbers in wrong. Got mine in December, and made all the difference. :wink:
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One the fact it syncs with my MFP account is awesome. Add me //www.fitbit.com/user/2D7KV4.
  • de88s
    de88s Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    FitBit one arrived. Yipppeeee

First question coming up. Set account up and linked it to MFP. It is syncing with my laptop, so far so good. I can't get my gadget to show my name, when should it show it and how do I go back and re enter it please. Thankyou.
    Edit to add I have gone to settings and added the message I want it to show, (my name) When does this show up? should it show when I press the button.to view steps, stairs etc. Thankyou
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I love mine, for the sleep tracker and the accountibility factor. The only problem I have with it is it tracks your calories based on BMR, and with a lower BF% I find it underestimates how much I really burn. I've been tracking my weight and calories on a spreadsheet for almost seven months, so I'm certain I have a TDEE of close to 2600, and my Fitbit has never said I've burned more than 2200, and most days it's closer to 2000, so I know it's underestimating that quite a bit. I can only imagine it skews the numbers higher for those with a bigger BF% than the average, which could lead to overeating for some.

I noticed mine always told me to eat less than 1200 so I wasn't too keen on that at all

I think the idea would be to walk/run more, so it gets you over the 1200 mark. This is what it is for. Motivating you to do more. If you are already very active, it is very likely that your put your numbers in wrong. Got mine in December, and made all the difference. :wink:

Yes being better than we were yesterday, last week, last month, last year, last decade... should be our ultimate goal :wink:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One the fact it syncs with my MFP account is awesome. Add me //www.fitbit.com/user/2D7KV4.

YES!! i LOVE LOVE :love: that part so I don't have to do anything else :laugh:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    FitBit one arrived. Yipppeeee

First question coming up. Set account up and linked it to MFP. It is syncing with my laptop, so far so good. I can't get my gadget to show my name, when should it show it and how do I go back and re enter it please. Thankyou.
    Edit to add I have gone to settings and added the message I want it to show, (my name) When does this show up? should it show when I press the button.to view steps, stairs etc. Thankyou

Wooooo hoooo!!:drinker:

It's better to do everything on the computer I believe. I know there is a section, top right, that states view account settings. Play around in there and see if that helps.
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Feel free to add me //www.fitbit.com/user/24D2M6:smile:
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip and I love it! I was looking at the more expensive ones and decided I was going to stick with my Zip. Sleep counter I don't need. I get up 3-4 x's a night to pee so I already know I don't get 6-8 straight hours of sleep. I also don't need the step counter as I only go up stairs once a week at church. So what the Zip does is great for me. Count steps and miles. That's all I need. The rest is just fluff.

Since I got my treadmill in late Jan I've been hitting 10k steps every night (or at least M-F. Depends on the weekends those are my R&R days)

<3 Fitbit and don't leave home without it. :)
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have bodymedia it is similar. I love it.
  • DanaRenee2013
    Options
    I have one, I got the flex just before the Force came out so I had to buy the force :p I like to see my sleep patterns and step count. Good way to stay motivated!!
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I love mine! Feel free to add me //www.fitbit.com/user/24D2M6:smile:

I've tried adding you and another lady and nothing :sad: Fit Bit is telling me it's their fault not mine :laugh:

Try adding me http://www.fitbit.com/user/25637L
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I have a Zip and I love it! I was looking at the more expensive ones and decided I was going to stick with my Zip. Sleep counter I don't need. I get up 3-4 x's a night to pee so I already know I don't get 6-8 straight hours of sleep. I also don't need the step counter as I only go up stairs once a week at church. So what the Zip does is great for me. Count steps and miles. That's all I need. The rest is just fluff.

Since I got my treadmill in late Jan I've been hitting 10k steps every night (or at least M-F. Depends on the weekends those are my R&R days)

<3 Fitbit and don't leave home without it. :)
    Woo hoooo!! That's the way to move :wink:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I have bodymedia it is similar. I love it.

Cool :happy:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I have one, I got the flex just before the Force came out so I had to buy the force :p I like to see my sleep patterns and step count. Good way to stay motivated!!

Me too :laugh: I feel like I've accomplished something if I get sleep :laugh:
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One! I have been using it for almost 3 days and it is really motivating me. I am definitely taking extra steps because of it and also eating a more appropriate amount of calories to loose the weight I need. I definitely want friends to push me http://www.fitbit.com/user/2DFBW2
  • crin713
    Options
    hello all this is my first post to MFP.

I have the flex thinking about upgrading to the force. But I love my fit bit I have even bough the fit bit aria so I am totally connected.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One! I have been using it for almost 3 days and it is really motivating me. I am definitely taking extra steps because of it and also eating a more appropriate amount of calories to loose the weight I need. I definitely want friends to push me http://www.fitbit.com/user/2DFBW2

They say be careful what you ask for :wink: