• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    That losing weight is just "calories in - calories out"

But...but...

It is.

This post!!!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    That lame-*kitten* advertisement that always crops up here on the website, pointing to a cartoon banana, saying "5 Foods to Never Eat" lmao!
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Ok - so I am admitting ignorance here.......I didn't actually know about the omega 3 and 6 ratios, I just had to google it to find out why omega 6 is bad.

Thank you :) Might just have to tweak a few things in my lifestyle overhaul!!!!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    carbs make you fat

at a 85% carb diet I'm still to see this
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Anything that begins or ends with "CLEANSE"
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Eating bananas will make you gain fast on your stomach....

Bananas are a freaking super food!
  • tennisdude2004
    Saturated fat is bad for you.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Anything that begins or ends with "CLEANSE"

Cleanse=laxative
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    That anecdotal evidence is proof of something. It's not.
  • tennisdude2004
    Not sure if this is a myth (I believe they've done studies).

Eating the pips of apples will make a tree grow out of your head!!! (I still spit them out).
  • ladycadaverous
    ladycadaverous Posts: 35 Member
    That diet soda is better for you than regular because its made with artificial sweetener...no thanks...ill skip on the aspartame.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    "Don't eat after a certain hour" is my favorite. I've even seen it on here.

I didn't know we all turned into Fat Gremlins when fed after midnight.
  • tennisdude2004
    That Pro Carb scientific studies about food and diets aren't bias and financed by parties with a vested interests!!! :smile:
  • aspirebliss
    aspirebliss Posts: 2 Member
    don't eat after 8pm, fruit is bad for you because there's sugar in it, and eggs are bad because they contain a little cholesterol! what?!
  • Bigora
    Bigora Posts: 20 Member

Humans are designed for the consumption of HUMAN breastmilk, which the WHO recommends for two years and beyond. There's a percentage of adults (though I currently can't remember how high the percentage) who have stopped producing the necessary enzymes to properly digest milk. This is where the argument comes in that adult humans aren't designed to consume milk. While not all adults have this problem, I still (personally) feel that cows milk is for baby cows and not for adult humans. It's mostly a matter of opinion, I'm sure there is no "right" answer on this topic.

Just took my 9 year old daughter of normal milk and she lost 2 inches of her belly within a week and dropped 6 pounds in the 2 month after that . Something else I have noticed is, that her ability to concentrate has improved quite a lot. So something was going on....

Just happy we figured it out.
  • tennisdude2004
    don't eat after 8pm, fruit is bad for you because there's sugar in it, and eggs are bad because they contain a little cholesterol! what?!

Carrots help you see in the dark.
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member

"gorillas get enough protein from eating only vegetable foods" - a) gorillas have the smallest brain size compared to body size of all the great apes and b) gorillas eat insects, which is animal protein. There are no vegetarian great apes, they're all omnivores. If our ancestors hadn't eaten animal products, we wouldn't be here having this conversation, we'd be living in trees eating fruit and leaves all day long in order to get enough energy to feed our very tiny brains. I have nothing against the vegan diet.... just don't try to claim that's what we evolved for!!!

Actually... what we need for proper brain delevelopment is fat, not protein. So eating meat has little to do with that. The human brain does most of its growth within the first few years, while on HUMAN breast milk, which is specialized in a way to promote optimal brain growth. Cows milk is for calfs, it contains more calcium and protein because calfs are supposed to grow fast and get mass, brain development is secondary.

http://www.vegetarian.org.uk/campaigns/whitelies/wlreport05.shtml
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    99% of posts in the food and nutrition subforum. Where to start?

As true now as it was 1 year ago....
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 331 Member

Eating the pips of apples will make a tree grow out of your head!!! (I still spit them out).

Well apple seeds to contain cyanide, but it is all good if you swallow them whole as apparently the shell of the seed protects you. Don't chew them though.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member

Well apple seeds to contain cyanide, but it is all good if you swallow them whole as apparently the shell of the seed protects you. Don't chew them though.

Pretty sure you'd have to chew/grind over 100 seeds to get anywhere near a lethal dose.