What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    A new pair of jeans I just bought a week ago are almost too big in the waist already. Now, if they weren't so snug in the thighs...
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I was on an elevator with four college boys all spiffed up in business suits, and when I got off on my floor, they peeked their heads out to watch me walk down the hallway. I could see them looking in the mirror :-)

Nice!

Mine: Yesterday, during my usual 4 mile run/walk, I ran one full mile without stopping to walk. First time I've managed to achieve that--best I could do before was 1/2 mile.

Edited to add: when I started, all I could do was about 15 minutes walking, so I've come a ways in almost a year...
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    When teenage daughter said I looked "skinny" in my workout clothing.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My stepdaughter wanted to go to Old Country Buffet for her bday dinner last night. Normally I would have gone to town on the buffet but I was good and stuck to proteins and spring salad with very little dressing. I planned ahead and stayed under my calories.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Jogged a mile Friday and Sunday. This time last year I'd be lucky to jog one block without gasping for air. Not joking, either.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    In my bathroom, the medicine cabinet mirror is divided into 3 parts, each on a door. When the doors aren't closed properly, the mirror has this effect where it "cuts out" a slim segment of your body, vertically. It makes you look much thinner. I always notice it while using the sink, and think, "man, it'd be so great to actually be that size." I was looking at the mirror today thinking the same thing when I realize, "Wait. That's just me. I'm not being cut by a mirror. That's actually my size." It was such a shocking realization. I don't even think I'd ever been small enough to have my reflection fit into one segment!
  • kelso830
    kelso830 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I turned down FREE chinese food this week! I am pumped, it was REALLY difficult to do!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    bought some size 14 jeans from 1/2 of 1/2 and they're a bit big already. What!? :-)
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I can't wear my jeans any more because they're too big. I zip and button them and they fall straight down onto the floor.
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite bracelets is too big for my wrist now, and the new work pants I bought a month ago don't fit anymore.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Took gym clothes on a business trip, fit in a regular workout in the hotel fitness center.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    todays nsv was that I bougth a pair of size 14 pants from Old Navy ! I used to wear a size 18-20 so that was awesome ! :)
  • jlchandl17
    Options
    I went shopping this weekend, and not only am I out of the Plus sizes, but I actually bought a size L - not even XL!!
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Fit into a pair of jeans I bought without trying on ....and couldnt wear before!!!!
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Stopped a binge in it's tracks!:happy:
  • slimmalikah
    slimmalikah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercised for a full hour saturday to make up for missing fridays workout. :smile:
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So, as my thighs touch, the pair of jeans I love had gotten a little worn in that area. I was at the mall and saw that the same pair was on sale, they're too big on me now! So I grabbed a size smaller, and they were still two big! I went down 3 inches in my pant size. from the 33 to a 30. Same pants!

it was amazing!
  • AshleyAnn9
    Options
    I was never able to fit in the largest size of Victoria's Secret sweaters, I've always wanted one so I went in the other day hoping to be able to fit into atleast a large. The large was too big so I went for the medium and its a little loose :)
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 10 jean shorts!!!! It's the first 10 I have squeezed my butt into, and I couldn't even beileve it. I will be keeping the tags on them until it gets warmer, maybe I will have to take them back for an 8 at some point :) it's positive thinking!
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Taekwondo testing was Saturday. Got promoted to yellow belt today. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!