December Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Ya.... day two!!! How did everyone do yesterday? This is my first weight loss challenge and I can already tell that having the feeling of being accountable to a group of people is going to help so much. I have been off and on with my diets and odd prgrams, but eating right and exercising often seem to make the most sense, and with the support of others I think we all have a sure fire plan here!! Good luck everyone!!!

I'm doing pretty well - I know the challenge technically started yesterday, but I've worked out every day this week (Mon-Wed) and I've done really well with my eating. Drank lots of water yesterday (which can be a challenge for me to remember to do)! Off to a good start!

Good luck to you too!
  • Depplover28
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join this group, too!

Name: Emily
    Starting Weight: 164.5
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010: 158
    What you will do to get to that goal weight: Drink more water, eat healthier snacks and more fruit, do cardio 6 times a week, strength train 3 times a week, and stay positive :]
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Today was my 1st day back in the gym in over 2 weeks. Everyone once in a while I get gym burnout, but I can't stay away too long because the at home DVD's are not the same for me. Because of various limitations I get a better workout at the gym. And if I am going to meet this challenge I have to get my butt in the gym and eat right. Yesteday I was over my calories with exercise. Today will be better.

Have a good week!!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    HI EVERYONE!!! Here is the 1st chart. To make things easier next wednesday I will start using micrsoft excel to keep track of our numbers and weekly weigh ins. If I have left anyone out, please let me know. I feel very strongly that everyone is going to reach their goals this month. As a group we have a total weight loss goal of 309 pounds!!!!! That's amazing. Skinny, here we come lol :)

Name SW 12/1/10 GW 12/31/10 lb to lose
    Stephanie 229 - 214 - 15 lb to lose
    Yasmine 182 - 175 - 7 lb to lose
    Melodie 136.4 - 131.4 - 5 lb to lose
    Kimberly 183 - 175 - 8 lb to lose
    ericaroo 133 - 127 - 6 lb to lose
    2Young4This 162.6 - 155 - 7.6 lb to lose
    vbhoj74 156.5 - 152 - 4.5 lb to lose
    Mary 147 - 140 - 7 lb to lose
    Beccy 137 - 133 - 4 lb to lose
    Evelyn 153.4 - 148.4 - 5 lb to lose
    Dawn 225 - 205 - 20 lb to lose
    Whitney 175 - 165 - 10 lb to lose
    Randy 176 - 170 - 6 lb to lose
    Marlene 244.5 - 240 - 4.5 lb to lose
    Kim 162 - 154 - 8 lb to lose
    Christin 208 - 200 - 8 lb to lose
    Jam3114 243 - 236 - 7 lb to lose
    Kristin 145 - 139 - 6 lb to lose
    Jenny 183.2 - 178 - 5.2 lb to lose
    Cory 246 - 235 - 11 lb to lose
    Nicole 184.6 - 176 - 8.6 lb to lose
    Tiff 158.6 - 153 - 5.6 lb to lose
    Jessica 161.2 - 154 - 7.2 lb to lose
    Carleen 316 - 300 - 16 lb to lose
    Mollie 369 - 349 - 20 lb to lose
    Jenn 195.5 - 185.5 - 10 lb to lose
    Anna 153 - 145 - 8 lb to lose
    Trenton 191.5 - 179.5 - 12 lb to lose
    Shannon 145.6 - 140 - 5.6 lb to lose
    Lauren 140 - 134 - 6 lb to lose
    Celeste 270 - 262 - 8 lb to lose
    Maureen 160.4 - 156.8 - 3.6 lb to lose
    Clary 190 - 180 - 10 lb to lose
    Beth 191.4 - 180 - 11.4 lb to lose
    Adam 245 - 235 - 10 lb to lose
    Tish 198 - 192 - 6 lb to lose
    Emily 164.5 - 158 - 6.5 lb to lose

:happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    When I saw that I actually said 20 pounds I wanted to change mines, but I am going to stick with it! I really do want to be under 350 by January 1st if it kills me!
  • whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Today was my 1st day back in the gym in over 2 weeks. Everyone once in a while I get gym burnout, but I can't stay away too long because the at home DVD's are not the same for me. Because of various limitations I get a better workout at the gym. And if I am going to meet this challenge I have to get my butt in the gym and eat right. Yesteday I was over my calories with exercise. Today will be better.

Have a good week!!

-Hi there Mollie1037!! I also usually struggle with sticking with working out and eating right, especially at night. This is my first challenge on here, and I am hoping with all of the support from everyone in this group we can all do much better. Good luck to you and everyone else on here too.
  • BrinaJo
    Options
    I want to start a December Weight Loss Challenge. I do not want to set a limit on the number of people who can join, the only thing I ask is that you are committed and weigh in EVERY week no matter what, this is going to be an intense group, with no backing out, and no excuses. Because I believe you can reach your goals! We will start our weigh in tomorrow December 1st and every Wednesday we will weigh in, I will keep track of everyones weight loss and post a chart every Thursday. Let's start 2011 with a thinner you!!!!

(Please fill out this form on DECEMBER 1st)

Name:
    Starting Weight:
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010:
    What you will do to get to that goal weight:
  • Is it too late to join? :)

Name: Kim
    Starting Weight: 125
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010: 115
    What you will do to get to that goal weight: No snacking at holiday parties! Stick to my exercise program and calorie limit no matter what!
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    When I saw that I actually said 20 pounds I wanted to change mines, but I am going to stick with it! I really do want to be under 350 by January 1st if it kills me!

Mollie, I had the same thought when I saw my goal was 16lbs, but like you, I want to be 300 or less by January 1st. I'd be exstatic if I was 299, that would make my New Year. :drinker:
  • Depplover28
    Options
    So yesterday was going alright. I was eating very well and I worked hard at ultimate frisbee practice. But then I went to our weekly cake party where everyone grabs a fork and devours the cake right out of the cake pan. It's really fun, but not when you're sick or trying to lose weight! The cake was the best I've ever seen, so I kind of went overboard...And then when I got home I even ate some more snacks! I was just thinking, well this day is already ruined so why not eat some more? Ughhh. I tend to do this a lot. Does anyone have any tips for night snacking? I would really appreciate any suggestions!
  • Kristynbrook23
    Options
    Its dec 3rd, i hope its not 2 late to join.

Name: Kristyn
    Starting Weight: 120
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010: 125
    What you will do to get to that goal weight: Excercise 3 times a day, eat healthier. watch carbs

I'm 4 foot 10, so yeah 120 is a bad weight for me. :/
  • BrinaJo
    Options
    Name;Sabrina
    Starting weight: 148
    Goal weight: 138
    What will I do to reach that goal: Continue excercising strong 5 times a week and eating 1300 calories a day most of which come from protein and vegies.

I started loosing weight at 265lbs and have maintained at 148lbs. but now am trying to tone everything to the etreme and loose that last bit.
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone...

After doing a lot of research I have decided to start my day with a 2 glass of Warm water, few drops of lemon and honey (lemon and honey) to detox plus drinking Honey with warm water will help one in reducing weight :smile: :smile: ....

I have been drinking this mix on and off ...but I am dead serious about it now. I have a long commute to work (1.5 hrs) so I have decided to replace my morning coffe with this mix. I filled up my 20 oz. of water bottle with warm water and add some drops of lemon and 2 tbsp of honey and drink it on my way to work.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was going alright. I was eating very well and I worked hard at ultimate frisbee practice. But then I went to our weekly cake party where everyone grabs a fork and devours the cake right out of the cake pan. It's really fun, but not when you're sick or trying to lose weight! The cake was the best I've ever seen, so I kind of went overboard...And then when I got home I even ate some more snacks! I was just thinking, well this day is already ruined so why not eat some more? Ughhh. I tend to do this a lot. Does anyone have any tips for night snacking? I would really appreciate any suggestions!

The afternoons at work and later at night are the worst for me. I try to just not have snacks available to me at work. I have granola bars, and sometimes fiber bars for a snack and that seems to be ok.

At home I have the same problem as you. I find that if I'm busy I don't snack as much, but I'm lazy and just wanna chill half the time. So, I TRY to go for healthier snacks and/or just avoid it. It doesn't work so well half the time. I'd like to know more tips as well if anyone has any others. Maybe some drink options that will curb the 'wanting more' feeling??
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hi new people. Its not too late to join, I will add your name to the excel chart and to the ones, who have changed your weight loss goal to lose more weight, that's awesome, I will reflect your changes on the excel sheet next wednesday. Remember you can do whatever you put your mind to. My update this week is I've been doing the Flat Belly Diet, and I LOVE IT!!! I watch my calories and modify it a lil bit. The diet is 1600 calories, but I eat 1200 a day. I do not feel hungry on it and its something I recommend to anyone who is having difficulty. I took a sneak peak at the scale this a.m and it said 225.5!!! (Wed was 229) so I definitly am happy with that news. I can't wait for next Wed for the real weigh in. This diet promises losing 7 lbs in 4 days, and Im a believer :)
  • mcthomason
    Options
    Count me in too........

Name: Christi
    Starting Weight:248.2
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010: 235
    What you will do to get to that goal weight: I will excerise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes, I will walk at least 10 miles a week, I will stay at or under my calorie goals, and I will log everything that goes past my lips =0)
  • ironmule2042
    Options

The afternoons at work and later at night are the worst for me. I try to just not have snacks available to me at work. I have granola bars, and sometimes fiber bars for a snack and that seems to be ok.

At home I have the same problem as you. I find that if I'm busy I don't snack as much, but I'm lazy and just wanna chill half the time. So, I TRY to go for healthier snacks and/or just avoid it. It doesn't work so well half the time. I'd like to know more tips as well if anyone has any others. Maybe some drink options that will curb the 'wanting more' feeling??

I curb my snack cravings by just not having them available to eat. The few I do are yogurt and fruits. That way if I do crack I'm at least eating healthy.
  • katecampbell03
    Options
    Kate
    SW on 12/1: 200.2
    GW by 12/31: 195.0
    I will log everything I eat and as soon as I am feeling better, I will start eating healthier and walking every day.
  • whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I curb my snack cravings by just not having them available to eat. The few I do are yogurt and fruits. That way if I do crack I'm at least eating healthy.

Hi there!!.... I do the exact same thing... is the cake party something you have to go to? Maybe you could suggest to that group of people that instead of bringing cake you could all take turns making neat healthy desserts. That would probably be more fun than the same old thing every week. If you can't resist the cake (i know I wouldn't be able to) just don't go. If you have one day a week like that, it could really mess up the whole week of your weight loss. And also I find that when I do eat sweets, it just makes me hungrier for more. Last night, I almost had a night like this. My littile boy had to make cupcakes for school treats and we made like 10 to many. I wanted one soooo bad... but then I had a thought. I thought, even though most people don't like to hop on the scale everyday (and sometimes you cant see results as well that way) I decided maybe if I skip this unhealthy choice tonight my scale will show an even slightly smaller number in the morn... and guess what.... it was .7 of a pound less than yesterday morning.... wow wow wow. That gave me so much encouragement to do well again today so that maybe it will be a little bit less tomorrow too. Good luck everyone, and if you ever need any help let me know. I will do all I can... add me if you want to! ;-) Im sure there will come a day (or hundreds of days) where I will need an extra push too.
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    I have the same problem at night. It will sometimes start around 4 when I start getting ready to make dinner. I'll start snacking and then just go overboard, it doesn't happen very night and it's happening less and less. I'm becoming more aware of what I'm eating and doing when I eat, so that helps, The other problem I have sometimes is that the kids and hubby ALWAYS wants something for desert, when I tell them to have an apple or some other type of fruit they all tell me that's not desert food. Then my daughter will say she wants to make cookies or something sweet.

I had a little bit of a success this week. I got dressed for an interview yesterday and my pants, for the first time in awhile actually fit. They weren't snug more and I was able to button the suit jacket. I was kind of surprised and happy.

Hope you all have a great weekend.