My husband says he isn't attracted to skinny women

Options

Replies

• bsbgales
    Options
    I think you should sit with him and find a place where both of you are confortable. Maybe he`s trying to make you feel ok with yourself or maybe he does like bigger girls, the important thing is to talk to him about it.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Young lady, if your husband can't appreciate you AND respect you for the positive choices you are making in your life to enhance your health and vitality, then it is his loss. It all starts with YOU! How you feel about you, how you can enhance you, how you can improve you, how you can make you happy being YOU! If he truely loves you, he will sing songs of praise and raise you up on a pedistal for what you are doing for yourself. BOO-YAH!!!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    All men are attracted to women...Period.

FALSE!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My bf hates that I've lost my bubble butt. That hasnt slowed down the passion. :-)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There were some good responses in this thread.

But, even though I have always had a deep appreciation for my husband, some of these responses (being so bad) just make my appreciation for him burst into levels that I never knew were even possible. My husband can thank you for all the great appreciative sex he will be getting tonight.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

But, even though I have always had a deep appreciation for my husband, some of these responses (being so bad) just make my appreciation for him burst into levels that I never knew were even possible. My husband can thank you for all the great appreciative sex he will be getting tonight.

Hah, always happy to help! ;)
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to get 'skinny' or 'fit'. Two different things IMO.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Hah, always happy to help! ;)

:wink:

I think that you should talk to him about it. Also there is a wide range of options. He will see you during the process. You can always gain back if needed. He will still be attracted to you. And you should be happy with yourself. Just trying to give some advice.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've heard this before. You're a bigger girl an insecure about your weight. Your husband reassures you by saying, "Honey, I don't like the way thin girls look." A lot of people think that's just to make you feel better, but my husband has dated primarily larger women/girls with some meat on their bones, and he's an attractive guy, so it's not like he can't land a size 0 model.

But what worries me is this: if I become skinny, and he's really not attracted to skinny women, what do I do? :(

True love doesn't work that way, just as a true husband doesn't disregard his wife if she gains weight.
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not to sound old-fashioned but if he's your husband, he probably loves you for who you are inside, regardless of how you look on the outside. The first thing you should do is communicate with him about your concerns. Then re-evaluate your goals. The purpose of most weight loss journeys is to become healthy. Very skinny women can be very unhealthy while those with a few extra pounds are in incredibly shape. Discover what's best for you and keep the lines of communication open with your hubby. :o) Good luck!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Tell him you are trying to be fit not skinny. Huge difference and if he cant get over that fact then that is his problem . Get healthy and fit because you want or need to.....
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You should be asking him this, not us.

He has to understand why you want to lose weight when he says he doesn't like skinny. You have to understand what he means by "doesn't like skinny." When you're changing your diet and lifestyle, it has a big impact on his life, no matter how he feels about your appearance. You have to be able to have honest discussions so you don't risk fights about him "sabotaging" your diet.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Seriously... 3 pages in?!

Yeah, not exactly motivation and support, but thanks for trying.

That caused butt hurt? lol

Ok, a little dose of honesty, there is a very good chance that he is telling you what he thinks you want to hear. No way to tell for certain without asking him, and you're the only one here who can do that. So, try that. Talking to him.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Clearly he's going to leave you. Your best bet is to not change and in fact do whatever is needed to make your physical appearance more in line with what he desires.

I sincerely hope this was said with sarcasm. This can be a true issue. A good friend of mine lost her husband when she lost 85 pounds for this very reason. (She is better off without him but still...it happened.)

I just think you need to have an honest conversation with your husband. My husband doesn't notice if I gain or lose 10 pounds because he still sees me as the woman he fell in love with. My suspicion is that he will love you that much more because he will see you happy and healthy. Most men just want a happy wife.
  • fitandworking
    fitandworking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a "type" but I'm sure your husband is in love with more than just your booty lol. Also we all have different versions of what "skinny" is. I don't think of someone like Jennifer Aniston to be skinny as much as fit for example. However other people acted like I was "skinny" when I was down in the 180's haha. In regards to his prior partners, even him being attractive himself, it is generally probably easier to find overweight women just because there are so many of us in the U.S. to be blunt. He could also think thinner women are less sociable or nice(wrongly so) like many people do and he is more attracted to a "chunky personality." As long as you are the same you on the inside, I'm sure he will be more than fine with your weight loss.
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Define skinny? Underweight bony ...... ughh. Look healthy and robust, not fat. I mean all those Real Housewives all skinny with plastic boob are fugly.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    All men are attracted to women...Period. Skinny, fat, one leg, three arms, eye in middle of head. boobs on her neck, bald headed, facial hair(maybe that is a little too far), but you get the point. While we may have our preference, we are attracted to anyone. That is all!

Uh, I think someone needs to lay off the testosterone. Just sayin'.
  • vikki00
    vikki00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous btw!! but as your husband; he should love u at any size! no matter 00 or 6XL. im sure theres wayy more to you then just your weight or appearance. Im sure your an awesome person and size has nothing to do with that, he should love you either way. :)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    All I know is this.

Funny-memes-real-men-have-curves.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ZjMvobM.jpg
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    Well, wouldn't you still love and be attracted to your husband if he lost or gained weight?