Losing weight without losing breast size?

Options

Replies

• Jessie650
    Options
    Put on a sports bra that keeps everything very tight and controlled to prevent to much movement in that area also apply a lot of lotion as stupid as it sounds it will help it worked for me and it was on Oprah it won't prevent breast fat loss completely but it will help you to not lose as much as you normally would.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've lost a back size without losing a cup size so I still look the same up top...Does that make me abnormal? :sad:

No, I've gone down 4 back sizes, but the baps themselves have only gone from H to G.

Even when I was thin in the past I looked like a walking shelf. 30HH when I was nursing my son!
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Impossible.
    My boobs are less than HALF the size they were 62 lbs ago.
  • georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Everybodys different so I wouldn't worry too much about it if your overall goal is to get fit and lose weight then what will be will be.

Personally my boobs refuse to shift. I'm a 30H UK (30K US) and from when I was at my highest to lowest weight nothing changed up there.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I tried everything, even two sports bras but they went. Its just fat, you can always get implants.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about this... I've lost 45 lbs in about 5 months and mine are still the same size (band is smaller). I haven't even bothered to buy new bras, either. Was hoping they would be a size smaller at this point, but remembering what size I was in college (~15 years ago!), I would still need to loose another 20-30 lbs probably to get there.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My boobs were last to go and are first to gain when I put on a bit after the holiday binge. At 200 pounds I was a DD, at 170 I was a very full C. Now at 130 pounds I am a small B. Implants may be in my future someday, but I'd much rather be my current size than overweight with a nice rack.
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    I hear you. i LOVE my boobs they are perfect to me lol and i don't want them to get smaller :o but if it happens its not the end of the world.

GeorgieB23 - 30H those are HUGE i have boob envy lol
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Breasts are made of breast tissue and fat. Some women have a lot of breast tissue. These women can lose fat without dropping in breast size. Some women have a "normal" amount of breast tissue and the rest of their breasts are made of fat. These women lose breast size when they lose overall body fat. Since you mention your breasts are bigger now that you are heavier, I'd guess that yes, you will probably lose breast size when you lose weight. However if the choice is between being heavy with larger breast or being fit and healthy with small breasts most people will pick the small boobs.

^^^ This.

Some women have more non-fatty breast tissue than others. I am one of these and it is a pain. I paid for a breast reduction years ago after I lost a lot of weight (but not breast size) and I was so happy because I didn't have to wear a double bra anymore. Now I've lost even more weight and my breasts are starting to look big again which is not what I want. I know first world problems, but still.
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have lost 48lbs and......1 back size! I thought my breasts would be one of the first things to go!
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I must be in the minority here, but I'm very glad they shrank with my weight loss! It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most! So long neck pain! So long painful bouncing trying to workout, and my gosh the sweating in summer heat! Now full disclosure, if I'd lost all of them I might have a different opinion, but I'm a C cup and loving it. I'm perfectly proportionate with the rest of me and still plenty curvy ;) I'm streamlined haha! My only complaint is of course the perkiness is not there where I lost so much, but it's not that big a deal considering.
  • dragthewaters4
    Options
    I was always either a 34DDD or a 36 DDD when i was at my goal weight in highschool. as i gained weight up till 200 lbs i stayed that size. after 220 i went up to a 40 H (thats 5 cup sizes up). Im close to being back down to 200 and im a 38 H still so who knows!
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    That's not twisted! Every female thinks about this. Unfortunately...there is not...unless you have crazy good genetics where you absolutely don't lose fat in your boobs. There's always plastic surgery!
  • CrazyLovelyMe
    Options
    Nope, can't spot reduce or spot save lol. I wish. I lose all my weight from the good parts. I had to buy my breasts back.
  • madalynbartl
    Options
    I have 36Bs and no matter how big or small I get, they remain the same. I'm just glad I didn't get the big boobs like my sister did. Hers don't shrink either and since she had a baby three months ago, she told me they're enormous now and she has to order bras online because stores don't seem to have her size.

I'm glad I am not the only one whose boobs don't fluctuate, only mine have stayed consistently huge no matter my body size. I've had DDDs since high school. At least I don't look like I'm going to fall down from being so top heavy anymore. One perk of being fat. :-)
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    Don't get false boobs... Be beautiful, be you

It's her body and she can do whatever she likes. Your definition of beautiful is not universal.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mine have shrunk a bit I've just noticed :/ A back size and probably the corresponding letter or 2... Still have huge boobs, so there's plenty I could still lose.. For all the trouble huge boobs can be, I'm a bit sad to see them go (I still had very big boobs last time I was near my goal weight, so I don't think they'll dissappear completely!) - I'm looking more pear than hourglass by now, actuallly.

If you get super strong pecs, that will add some volume and make them look good. That's what I'm going to do!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Grumble grumble...I love being thin now, but my boobs flew the coop. Grumble grumble.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same cup size as when I started, but a smaller band size, which means that the volume had decreased. When you lose weight, everything gets smaller. No way around that.