no alcohol challenge!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• glenndarrenjames
    Options
    Well, I have been out of the gym and on the drink for the last 6 months due to an injury....

Been back in the gym for 2 weeks now to start to get back in shape, not had a drink for the last 4 days so I am up for this... See if I can do Feb drink free and see what results I get, I am also eating clean so I am hoping to see a big difference!!

Good luck everyone and hope you make it ????????
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Had a dry Jan, tomorrow is the final day, 31 days no booze

And today the Devil AKA Fuller's brewery comes calling with this e-mail

"We've made it! The end of January is nigh and we're celebrating by getting the drinks in. Whether you're toasting the end of your 'Dry January' detox, finally getting paid or being another month closer to summer, have a drink on the house at The Spotted Cow".
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i forgot to add there was a slight change on my duration. it will be until apr 12th since im doing the transformation challenge. so it will be ~90 days clean dieting and hopefully < 16% BF by then. I would love to be ~12% but dont think i can hit that in 12 weeks.
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    I am in! I recently started breaking out in hives when I drink (I am generally a wine drinker and rarely much of anything else). But rather than play around trying to figure out what I won't have an allergic reaction to...I will just give it up!
  • sammydex
    Options
    Don't miss my martini nights...don't even think about alcohol which is hard for me to believe--love my martini's :O

One week without alcohol and on a 1200 per day intake of food.

Now my mind is on decreasing my weight and improving health with such a determination (and being a bit hungry most of the time keeps me thinking of food not alcohol)!

need to drop 40#'s as I am at my all time high 172#'s and 5'3" moving to a size 14--yikes!
  • Bamacraft
    Options
    day 31. down 12lbs and 3" in waist. 59 more days and hopefully about 10% BF to go...
  • Bamacraft
    Options
    42 days down and counting. down to 171 and have lost 4" in belly. how is evryone else doing so far?
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    A mini birthday today, for those of us, including me, whose New Year resolution was no booze, today is 8 weeks [56 days] without a drop of the Demon Drink. Well done to all who have stuck with it.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I actually decided to quit drinking as a New Year's resolution and except for a weekend in London with two friends at the beginning of the month, I haven't had a single drink this year. I don't need it, feel better without it, save more money... Plus, alcohol has pretty much ****ed up my family (twice), so I'm not too fond of the thing anyway. Green tea FTW!
  • KrisBitz
    KrisBitz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey did you complete your challenge? I couldn't join in because I am a very rare drinker! I mean, it would be really easy to give up drinking for alcohol for 30 days! Now tell me to give up soda for 30 days and that would be my challenge!!!