What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm now a size 14 Aussie size argh"" the baby weight lol I like to be a comfy size 12 this is more realistic for me and my body shape.
  • lindahope549
    lindahope549 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    amen. I don't see why manufacturers can't use the same standard for labeling sizes!
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't know, what size jeans do male heroes from Boris Vallejo illustrations wear?

...oh wait. The answer is loin cloths. They wear loin cloths.

So they can show off their mighty thews.
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what my pant size is considering I just wear my moms pants that are a size or two too big.

I just looked up a few charts of measurements for jeans and it seems as though I'm a size 2 or so.
    My pants are always a little big on me, because I'm tall and look more for length hahah.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ideal UK 6 (US 2)
    Current UK 10 (US 6)

I have never been a size 6 though so I might look better at size 8. We shall see!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I agree you can't worry too much about it since sizing varies so much from brand to brand.
    I am 5'7" and my initial goal was to get back to a size 10 (139 lbs for me). I got there and still had a somewhat pg-looking belly and decided to try to lose 10 more lbs. I did and ended up in a size 8 (though I bounced back up a few lbs since then). However, even just 3-5 lbs away from that second goal, I still want to get my body fat percentage down by another 4-5 percentage points, so I made my goal weight lower. If I do, I think I would be about a size 6. My belly/waist measurement is disproportionate to the rest of me and I think if I could get my waist to a size 6 measurement, I'd find it easier to fit clothes that fit well. Right now it's like I have a size 8 (some days almost 10) waist, size 6 hips, and size 2-4 legs. Upper body is also more 6ish, though some styles would probably be too tight in the chest. If I were more proportionate all over and my BF% was where I want it to be, I wouldn't mind being in an 8 or 10.
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hopefully around an Aus size 12 (?US 8) in most stores. I'm not too stressed on the final number / Size so long as I feel healthy and attractive
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Size 2 American.
  • em1773
    em1773 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a size 0. I am happy with that. No, my legs aren't super extra thin, it's just my build. I hate how half the population says size 0 is perfect, and the other says that it's unhealthy. I am not perfect, nor am I unhealthy. But I am a size 0.
  • idacrue
    idacrue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went from growing out of size 38X34 pants to feeling very comfortable in size 34 X 34 pants, and I went from 2x tee shirts and XL dress shirts to XL tee's and L dress shirts. I am happy with the way my clothes fit at my maintenance weight 6'1" 185 lbs, and I guess that is the main point, be happy with yourself.
  • shadriel7
    Options
    something around US size 6-7 - but really where ever i end up once i'm down do a decent body fat percentage, i don't care what size that turns out to be.
  • jnb143
    jnb143 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'd like to ultimately be a 5 :noway:
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I looked great when I was in a 28 waist, medium up top. Im almost there again. 30 waist (as of this weekend! woot woot!) and a large top. I don't really mind what size though, i just don't wanna muffin top anymore!
  • kmglennie
    Options
    I think a 4/6 but that doesn't seem to mean very much anymore with the huge variance in sizing from brand to brand.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Well I'm down to a 32 from a 46...I just want to look in the mirror and be like "Damn, if I was a girl, I'd be all over that."
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    size 5ish brand depending
  • SusanBT1954
    Options
    Does anyone else have problems with the same size varying? A 12 from one place is too big and from another, too small. Of course, I would love to be a 10, but we shall see.
  • priv8dan
    Options
    30" waist, Medium size with slight bulk of muscle
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I used to be a small medium top and had a 27" waist only 12 yrs ago. I want to get back to that or maybe a tad more on the jeans. I was HOT back then...LOL IMO
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    UK 4-6 is where I am happiest.. I am back in my Karen Millen UK6's which are comparatively small over here. This is my happy size, my weight is much higher than when I was here pre baby, but I'm packing a shed load more muscle now, so I'm ultra happy about that!