21 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My day 2/21 was a success! Got all my goals in. I thought the workouts would be the toughest part, because The training program im doing is pretty intense. But i have been real motivated for that so far, the hardest thing has been to drink water instead of sweet tea or coke with my meals! Goes against every Southern bone in my body lol But I know it will get easier if I keep doing it. Proud of everyone who has started this, and Welcome to those fixing to start!

I totally relate on the motivation for the workouts, that is exactly how I feel, even though my new scheme is way more intense than I'm used to.

What helped me learn to choose water was to start by drinking dilute fruit juice. I mixed 100% juice with water and gradually reduced the amount of juice. Now I enjoy water on its own and when I want something sweet normal soda is too sweet for me so I do the dilute fruit juice option.
  • janet50561
    Options
    Day 1/21 complete and a success! A 30 minute eliptical workout and I stayed in my calorie limit! I avoided a snack right before bedtime! Day 2-taking a short break every 2 hours at work to stretch and do 10 lunges, 10 wall push-ups and 10 squats. Strength training while working!!
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Went over my 1200 calorie goal by 1 calorie. I don't like to use my work out time toward food. My steps today was 20286, which is 10.48 miles and 722 calories. Tomorrow I want to stay at the 20k or go beyond. I kept with all my goals today. How did everyone else do?
    Wow over 10 miles! great work! The heck with that one calorie lol Doing great keep it up

Thank you!!! And thank you for stating this thread!! I am marching while making copies, putting the dog out, waiting in line, cooking lol I want those steps to add up!!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Im in if its not to late..

Workout 5x a week
    Logging my calories
    Praying for everyone on the challange
    No drinking
    8 pounds by 21 days

Anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • anotherwarriorgirl
    Options
    Love this!

I'm a couple of days late from the original post, but I'm joining in and will update on my blog, too.

1) Wake up every weekday at 6 am
    2) Spend the first 10 min of every morning meditating, praying and reflecting
    3) Do some sort of exercise everyday (except Sundays - save that for church!)
    > Cardio (treadmill, elliptical, etc): 3x/week
    > Yoga: 1x/week
    > Strength training: 1x/week
    4) Only have 1-2 alcoholic drinks on weekend nights - no binge drinking
    5) Log on MFP daily
    6) Pick two items to purge and/or donate to Goodwill daily
    7) Spend less than $200/week (not including monthly bills & payments)
  • DFasso23
    DFasso23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed yesterday. On to Day 3 and feel great!!
  • sarahmorgan050
    sarahmorgan050 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1) Workout 4 days a week for at least 30 min without missing a day for 3 weeks
    2) Drink 8 glasses or more of water daily
    3) Find new healthy meals to cook at home for a little variety.
    4) Spend 30 minutes each day in prayer or reading the Bible
    5) Log my workouts and nutrition each day on MFP
    6) When I think something negative redirect thoughts to positive.
    7) Lose 10 pounds by day 21
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this! Here are mine.
    1) log all food and exercise everyday
    2) exercise at least 5 times a week (preferably 6 times)
    3) learn and be able to perform both clogging routines w/o following somebody else.
    4) PATIENCE! Be more patient with my kids.
    5) Lose 10 lbs in 21 days.
    6) Be in top 2 of weight loss challenge I am in.
    7) continue on day 22 and beyond

Day 1 done
    1) logged both and had some calories left over
    2 and 3 Practiced clogging for 1.5 hours.
    4) did really wellevenwith a baby up most of the night
    5) Scale said 164.8 yesterday and 164 today!! YAY!!
    6) still working hard on this!
    7) I'm on my way!!
  • mwa2801
    Options
    1) Drink 12 cups of water per day
    2) Log all food and drinks accurately
    3) No SODA or sugar/fizzy drinks (empty calories)
    4) Meditate once per day for approx 15 minutes
    5) Walk 5 miles every day
  • brandilcantrell
    Options
    This is great!! I am in!

1- Follow 1/2 Marathon training plan- (6 days on 1 off)
    2- Log everything into MFP
    3- Drink 64oz of water every day
    4- Walk dogs 30 minutes each
    5- Yoga 3 days a week
    6- spend less money and focus on what I already have

Thank you for doing this!
  • jomccfran
    jomccfran Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JoAnne here, between homes and living at extended stay hotel which means I am eating one meal out almost every day.

1) Walk or bike 40 minutes 6 days a week
    2) Drink more water
    3) Eat from the under 500 cal. menu when dining out
    4) Encourage at least 3 people everyday
    5) Spend 20 minutes each day in prayer or reading the Bible
    6) Log my workouts and nutrition each day on MFP
    7) Plan and prepare meals the night before; including more vegies.
    8) Lose 6 pounds by day 21
  • geebeeyorkshire
    Options
    Ok - day 2/21 - I've not stuck to all my goals but ... Have lost 3lbs already! Prob just 'water weight' but hey ho, it's a good motivator. Feel more determined for tmrw now.
  • Renegade706
    Options
    Ok - day 2/21 - I've not stuck to all my goals but ... Have lost 3lbs already! Prob just 'water weight' but hey ho, it's a good motivator. Feel more determined for tmrw now.
    That is awesome! Congrats! Love how your focusing on the positive and not beating yourself up about the things you didnt do. Thats what its all about progress and staying positive!
  • ilgirl733
    ilgirl733 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty well, day 2, logging everything etc, need to limit calories, I'm over my goal, like usual!
  • Renegade706
    Options
    Well day 3 of 21 for me down. So far so good, today was a much needed rest day, just some light cardio. Tomorrow morning is Legs and abs , going to be tough, but im motivated to do the work! Hope everyone has had a great day, keep inspiring!
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in,

1) Have at least 20 min of exercise 6days a week
    2) two snack a day
    3) prepare my foods the night before
    4) random act of kindness once a week minimum
    5) start doing my community service Saturday with my son again
    6) spend more time outdoors being active
    7) push past excuses
    8) 7000steps a day
    9) lose 10 pounds on day 21

Thanks for this post

Day 3, every goal has been met except for my community service Saturday, that will be next week. My pedometer broke today so tomorrow I have to get a new one. It stopped at 8721 steps. Here's to looking forward to day 4!!
  • jdhubbard
    jdhubbard Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete! Today is my rest day because I work late. I was 12cal over my MFP target, but still under my max of 1500 so I'm still considering it a success. Looking forward to starting week 3 of C25K tomorrow, although it would be a lot better if spring was here so I could run outside. Drank 2L of water - a lot of it was green tea trying to keep warm.
    Now I'm off to transfer my workout playlist to my new iPhone :)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I didn't see this thread before tonight. Great idea and love all the positive outlooks. My goals are

1. 6 days of working out 3 strength training, 3 cardio hopefully Zumba classes
    2. Hit at least 12k a day
    3. At least 80oz of water a day
    4. 80% good food choices and leave some room for my dessert/treats
    5. Log everything
    6. Progress in inches lost and/or lbs lost (would love to get 8lbs) but really trying to focus more on inches.
    7. Plan out and stick to my meals. Edit

Day 1/21 went well I even decided to walk home today which means I'll walk to work tomorrow. (It's just under a 1 1/2 miles from home). I also did my first TRX workout and wow is it challenging. When I'm done with this my balance will be so much better along with my strength.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful day 2 for me today. Did extra strength training since it's been too cold to run and I completed my time in meditation. I also went for a drive to collect my thoughts on some things going on versus getting emotional as I am so often known for doing. The overall tone of my day was beautiful. Day 3 I welcome with open arms
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I want to join in this as well :) I recently signed up for a dietbiet that begins on Monday, so I feel like setting up some goals for myself will help a lot.

Goals for the next 3 weeks:
    1. Workout at least 5 times/week (run 3x a week & strength 3x/week)
    2. No overeating or eating impulsively. (Make wide decisions!)
    3. Starting from Monday, "clean eating" until end of March.
    4. Spend more time in prayer & reading Bible each morning.
    5. Be consistent in logging in MFP.
    6. Lose 5lbs by end of 21 days.

Can't wait to see what progress is made in the next 3 weeks :)