How I lost 6 and a half pounds in a night...

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can see from my phone if this guy really posted a nude progress pic.

Stupid little red X's. :grumble:

I am so disappoint.
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Very imformative! Thanks!
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This is a great post and very informative for people new to this life change. Thanks for sharing :)
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Great post, very informative information.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I thought you were going to say you had a baby. :laugh:

Awesome post!
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Will admit I lost 6lbs in one night... with that horrible new strain of "stomach flu"...
    Seriously do not recommend it to anyone. I still believe that part of that six pounds was intestine and lung... I was channeling my best Exorcist pea soup scene every twenty minutes and could only sip on water and ginger ale. Even crackers couldn't be managed until day three. Day two felt like I'd been put in a vice and squeezed into a pretzel twist, it hurt to breathe.

And, yes, most of that weight loss was regained within a few days of the illness passing. Can one lose six pounds in a night? Yes, but it's really not pretty.
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    thank you, I'm so disappointed in myself because in the last two months I lost a .2kilos, which I guess is about 1/2lb. but, after a few encouraging words from friends, it was better than gaining the 1/2lb. I just wish that darn number on the scale would show me what I want to see. I am trying really hard to not give up...and your post has really helped me. Thank you!

:flowerforyou: : :smile:
  • NitaBethT
    Options
    That is awfully dramatic and per my health resource people it is not healthy to lose so much weight so quickly. They advise losing just a couple of pounds a week. I would question if it was due to the water and ask if you, perhaps, had not taken in enough water for good health. Exercise is good, but 6 pounds is sending red flags up to me.
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I really thought this was going to be a post about the norovirus.
    Seconded!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This was brilliant!!! I wish everyone could see it. I get seriously :noway: when I see some of my friends complaining "I ate a biscuit and now my scale will show a gain tomorrow. I personally only weigh myself a maximum of once a week and if my week wasn't great (keeping in mind the physics of this lifestyle) I just put it off for another week.

Oh and thanks I can't believe I had 30 of those things in me this time six months ago :wink:

Joanne
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is awfully dramatic and per my health resource people it is not healthy to lose so much weight so quickly. They advise losing just a couple of pounds a week. I would question if it was due to the water and ask if you, perhaps, had not taken in enough water for good health. Exercise is good, but 6 pounds is sending red flags up to me.

Did you even read the post? :huh:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Nice post.

Similarly for putting the same on in a night.

Though, if they were Caramel kitkat chunkys; I reckon I could manage that in a night :P.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Nice post! Good information for all of us to remember as we continue here.
  • michael300891
    Options
    Hey guys, comments on here are amazing great to see people's thoughts and it's great to see how motivating information can be!

Just to respond to a few things in general

- The weight pictures are on a UK weighing scales, so it's stones and pounds. One stone = 14 pounds. So my weight change is 213lb to 206.5lbs or 96.8kg to 93.9kg. Sorry I forgot how much these things change between countries!

- Really sorry that it wasnt a baby / norovirus / poop story and that there werent any quality nude pics :)

Just to respond to some other points:
    Excellent post and for someone only 22 you tend to have a lot of knowledge and insight.

Really appreciate this comment as yes, I am 22 and really only in the early days of my career. However, importantly I struggled with obesity all my life and so unlike most people in my field, I got into this because I found it hard, not easy, so I'm a little bit obsessed and know how difficult it really is to put advice into practice.

For me it was the huge amount of conflicting information out there that made it really hard to know where to even begin which is why I ended up doing a PhD to find out whats really going on! I'm planning to begin a youtube series of 2 min clips of simple, accurate information but will see how that goes...

I'm assuming you didn't read the post haha! But just from an information point, we have about 100g of "sugar" (known as muscle glycogen) in our liver and about 400g in your muscle. Each gram is stored with about 3/4g of water. So if you burn all that sugar off, your losing about 2-2.5kg or 4-5lbs. It's really difficult to actually achieve that amount of loss, but with a bit of dehydration, reduced bloating from reduced sodium intake etc it's suprising how quick bodyweight can change.

Good luck with your goals guys! Keep the comments going :)
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Thank you. Sometimes even those of us who have a handle on the whole weight loss process need little reminders like this!
  • kiariv
    kiariv Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great post very helpful for this new girl
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks for the info.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is a really encouraging post. I lost a couple pounds a week when I first starting eating clean and exercising, and now I'm averaging about a pound a week. That picture of the pound of fat really puts it in perspective!