Sobriety

Options
12346»

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    ^thank you so much, sir! that means the world to me. i wouldn't be here if it weren't for the kindness and care of the charlottesville police and madison square garden NYC police. :heart: :flowerforyou:

*braces self for return of "never trust a teetotaler guy"*
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hi laura - your story is incredible and i applaud you for telling it in such an honest way.
    alcohol is something i still struggle with from time to time but a combination of therapy and self-will have helped me cut back drastically.
    you're a real inspiration. keep up the awesome work! :smile:
  • silvergurl518
    Options
    hi laura - your story is incredible and i applaud you for telling it in such an honest way.
    alcohol is something i still struggle with from time to time but a combination of therapy and self-will have helped me cut back drastically.
    you're a real inspiration. keep up the awesome work! :smile:

thank you so much. means the world to me and i'm proud of you!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I have been sober for 23 years. I know that I am not cured and all it takes is 1 drink and I am back in hell. I have a mental picture of Alcohol as a Big UFC looking MF'er in the corner doing pushups, waiting to Whoop my *kitten*! I don't really think about drinking and haven't for years. The benefits of not drinking far outweigh any "fun" I had. I save money and I wake up with MUCH better looking women, than I did when I was drinking. I'm not anti-drinking When I was in the military and got promoted I bought kegs for my guys even though I don't drink. I have a BBQ every year for my workers and I buy the booze AND get them designated drivers. Alcohol is not evil, "I" just can't have it.

Lots of Love in this thread AND unfortunately quite a bit of ignorance. Love how people who don't understand something just jump in give their "expert" opinion. Also, if you wonder how I can have fun not drinking, I feel sorry for you, that you need a drug to have fun. I don't need a drug or alcohol to have fun or relax, I definitely don't need it to speak my mind.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My sobriety date is 10 Feb. In one year my life has changed so much I can't even begin to tell that story. I'm saving my update until I am one year active on MFP, but it isn't only how much better I look (and I do!) that has changed.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your motivational story :)
  • silvergurl518
    Options
    Lots of Love in this thread AND unfortunately quite a bit of ignorance. Love how people who don't understand something just jump in give their "expert" opinion. Also, if you wonder how I can have fun not drinking, I feel sorry for you, that you need a drug to have fun. I don't need a drug or alcohol to have fun or relax, I definitely don't need it to speak my mind.

:flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :smooched:
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    kleenex anyone?