Barefoot in the office

Any of you girls out there ever take your shoes off and spend the day barefoot at work?

I have done it for the last two years. It happened by accident after wearing a pair of flats to work and walking in the rain they became damp and uncomfortable so I decided to take them off at my desk, since then I have spent every day at work with no shoes on.

It feels nice and my feet are not restricted. The carpet isn't that clean in fact recently there has been a few fleas bouncing around and people are getting bites, even saw one jumping and running off my foot once lol but that's the cleaners at fault not me.

Before you all say im a minger and disgusting I will have you all know i'm a clean person and shower daily, I just prefer to wear no shoes as it helps me concentrate...my feet get quite dirty but like I said I always shower.

I work in the back office department of a bank, we never get any visitors we are cut off from general public, I wouldn't do this if we always got visitors.

Anymore of you out there like me that have this quirky habit?

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I prefer being barefoot in the house. Unfortunately if I did it at work (especially my trainers some days). I'd probably be asked to leave.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    I'm usually barefoot at work. Far more comfortable.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    At home, never at work. Too gross.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Well I work from home so yes I am barefoot all day!

I hate shoes, barefoot is better!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Not barefoot - I keep my socks on. It depends on what I'm doing that day, though. If there are families in the centre, I generally keep my shoes on, unless I'm sitting in the office all day. If I'm meeting with a family, or in a group, I definitely definitely definitely have shoes on. Especially if I'm doing a home visit, unless it's been raining and I don't want to track water through their house.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    This is relatively common in New Zealand. I often used to go barefoot around the office.

ETA: Now I'm back studying again you can barely ever catch me wearing shoes LOL.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    I hate shoes, hate having my poor toes all parcelled up. Im usually barefoot at work, I think Im more productive in naked feet!
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    At the moment I'm on a career break so barefoot all day. But when I was in an office I'd go socked around the office (tiled floors) but I know one colleague who brought in her slippers/house shoes (whatever the fluffies are called where you are) from home to wear under the desk :)
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    I find it unprofessional be it amongst colleagues or customers but I'm an uptight Brit lol.
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    footwear required at work.....but around home barefoot the way to go
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    *kitten* shoes! If I could be barefoot all the time, I'd get my Hobbit on!
  • ChadPRun
    ChadPRun Posts: 735
    Well I have a thing for cute feet..so I would vote for more girls going barefoot at the office!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Work in a Biosafety Level 3 Laboratory.... definitely wear shoes!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Ewwww no. Just no. :noway: :noway: :noway: :sick: :sick:
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    I wish I could. I'm stuck all day in pumps that they practically hand out at the door at a client facing corporate office. Thank goodness I found a place that sells wide ones.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Upon occassion I will have my shoes off under my desk.... but with the work environment, I'm not able to do it frequently.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    If I'm wearing shoes I can slip on and off, I don't wear them at my desk and sometimes leave them off to walk to the printer directly behind my desk. Otherwise, I slip them back on to go away from my desk.

It would be really weird and unprofessional to not wear shoes around the office.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    It's too cold right now, but when it's warmer I wear flip-flops. I don't go barefoot there, though.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Shoes off if my feet are under my desk, shoes on if I have to walk around.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I prefer to be bare foot but it's not possible where I work.

There would also be serious concerns if there were fleas around and pest control would be quickly on the case, but I work in a hospital.