Replies

• Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I do the vodka fast.
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Very dangerous stuff to do...depriving the body of necessary nutrients and starving yourself. Just substitute the juices and sodas with water with your meals and that alone will have you starting to see results.

-James
  • NiikouruDesu
    Options
    Fasting is good for healing disease or releasing addictions. The weight loss is temporary, definately not a long-term solution.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    10 pound loss a week? Are you serious? *shakes head* Any more than 2 or 3 a week is very unhealthy.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you are overweight or obese, you DO have an eating disorder.
    No. Just no. Eating disorders have very specific diagnostic criteria and are serious, life-threatening diseases. I realize it's common on here to throw around the phrase "eating disorder" every time someone mentions some fad diet, but we should at least try to circulate accurate information. Saying that everyone who is overweight has an eating disorder is, frankly, insulting to anyone who actually suffers from eating disorders.

There definitely is a difference between disordered eating and an actual eating disorder.
    Absolutely. It's a small distinction, but seeing people casually throw around the term "eating disorder" drives me crazy. I'd still argue that just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they have any pattern of disordered eating, though. In most cases, it just means they're overweight.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    congrats on you for achieving your goals however you did it but dont be saying things just cause you can achieve your goals

So let me get this straight...some people here that have posted have lost a good amount of weight, some 60+ lbs which isn't that what you are wanting to lose? But you don't want to listen to them and how they did it, instead you want fad diets and all things unhealthy...good luck to ya

jennifer-lawrence-23.gif
  • lindsaywalker5015
    lindsaywalker5015 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This doesn't sounds like a good idea. Often when dieters go below a 500 calorie daily deficit they lose muscle mass which later means that they will have a slower metabolism and gain fat. The other side effect of eating zero calories a day is that you will feel weak and dizzy, leading to fainting, and having terrible workouts. You are better off eating well and exercising.
  • lindsaywalker5015
    lindsaywalker5015 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    okay, i just heard its a good way to jump start it cleanses your body. so i thought id see opinions i wanna lose like 10 lbs a week before summer comes cause i dont wanna be as depressed as i was last summer ive looked at the water fast, the military diet, 2,4,6, diet, almost everything, i was very in interested in trying the eat your heart out.... what do you think
    ?

One you could try is this:
    cut out simple sugars (pop, candies, yogurt, commercial cereals, muffins ect) and processed foods.
    Eat only whole grains, lots of veggies, one fruit, unsaturated fats, legumes, lean cuts of meats.
    Eat 5 small meals and 2 litres of water.
    You'll lose weight because you'll feel fuller on less calories. In time for summer and the rest of your life!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea, do not try this.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mpmkd87bQM1ryu3g1o1_400_zps47a043b8.gif

20130915-190532_zps6ab06bea.jpg

On what level of reality is it somehow OK or advisable to not eat for the better part of A WEEK?
    There is no such thing as a jump start, it's purely mental and any happy ego boost you would get by seeing a reduced number on the scale will be dramatically tempered the next weigh in by an increased number thanks to recovered water weight, etc.

Detox isn't a thing. Because science and logic. Your body has filtration organs that "detox" the "toxins out of your body. If your filtration organs are so jacked up they can't do their job, a cleanse/detox/fast isn't going to help you.

Get out of here with your science and logic!!! She's possibly sticking her fingers in her ears and doing this by now...singing na na na na na na

jennifer-lawrence-33.gif
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You will be miserable and hungry and it wont do anything more than lose and gain the same few pounds....but usually people just do it anyway.

Le sigh......just make sure you won't bump your head if you feel like fainting

^this

the same sudden "weight" loss effect by going no/low carb (which isn't necessarily healthy and the effects of which are just as short-lived, ...

OK well that blanket statement is just not true at all.
  • snappyapples
    Options
    I don't recommend it... my boyfriend does intermittent fasting days (where he won't eat for 24 hours) but hasn't gone over 30ish hours. 5 days seems extreme and you'll gain it all back when you start eating again.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You already started a thread about losing 60 pounds before summer, and people told you it was unhealthy and unrealistic. What is it about a water fast that makes it sound like a smart idea to you?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    okay first off there is no need to say stupid rude things just saying, congrats on you for achieving your goals however you did it but dont be saying things just cause you can achieve your goals, i know someone who has done this they do it every few months to detox there body, and they said it helps your realize the foods you dont need thats all.
    I DONT HAVE ANY TYPE OF EATING DISORDER LMFAO!
    far from that!

just asking for mature responses is all. i get it not healthy! and neither are half of your guys diaries...
    sorry just throwing this all out there
    this sites for support not to make people feel like ****
    a simple thats not healthy but there are many other ways would be fine

thanks have a great night :)
    Giving you good advice is neither stupid or rude. A water fast is stupid, and if I was on one, I'd definitely be rude, because I get really grouchy when I'm hungry. Which is why I EAT food, in proper amounts, of whatever I want, and I lose weight.

7VdSjs3.jpg
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Would not consider this even for a second. Even if it sounded healthy or like something that might help with any longterm success(which it doesn't), I'd be SOOOOO b8tchy not eating for five days. Just wouldn't happen... Even if I could do it, by day 2 hubby would prob be trying to cram cheeseburgers down my throat.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone try this? No!

Sidenote: When you ask a question, please expect real advise. You will not be coddled but you will be given good advise. Not liking the advice does not make it immature. Just sayin'!

In for the immaturity now......

tumblr_m2ys0422Xj1r8x3rs.gif
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you are overweight or obese, you DO have an eating disorder.
    No. Just no. Eating disorders have very specific diagnostic criteria and are serious, life-threatening diseases. I realize it's common on here to throw around the phrase "eating disorder" every time someone mentions some fad diet, but we should at least try to circulate accurate information. Saying that everyone who is overweight has an eating disorder is, frankly, insulting to anyone who actually suffers from eating disorders.

Yeah... ^ thank you for explaining it so I didn't have to.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    okay first off there is no need to say stupid rude things just saying, congrats on you for achieving your goals however you did it but dont be saying things just cause you can achieve your goals, i know someone who has done this they do it every few months to detox there body, and they said it helps your realize the foods you dont need thats all.
    I DONT HAVE ANY TYPE OF EATING DISORDER LMFAO!
    far from that!

just asking for mature responses is all. i get it not healthy! and neither are half of your guys diaries...
    sorry just throwing this all out there
    this sites for support not to make people feel like ****
    a simple thats not healthy but there are many other ways would be fine

thanks have a great night :)

yeah. no.

bla-bla-bla-o.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You will be miserable and hungry and it wont do anything more than lose and gain the same few pounds....but usually people just do it anyway.

Le sigh......just make sure you won't bump your head if you feel like fainting

^this

the same sudden "weight" loss effect by going no/low carb (which isn't necessarily healthy and the effects of which are just as short-lived, ...

OK well that blanket statement is just not true at all.

You're saying there isn't an exaggerated weight loss from eliminating/reducing carbs? A loss that returns when carbs are reintroduced (hence "short-lived")? (And I'll stand by my statement that eliminating carbs isn't necessarily healthy.)

Or did you misunderstand what I was saying? Perhaps my post was not clear enough?