Calling all shorties!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm Kristelle and I'm 5'2":) I'm loving the support on here so far, and I thought it would be even better if more people of similar heights as me would add me as a friend!

Sometimes I don't know whether my UGW is too low, or if I'm not eating enough, etc. Comparing goals would help tremendously, just so I can see where I'm supposed to be heading.

I'm looking forward to meeting y'all:happy:

Replies

• marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    shortie here! i am 5'0 with a goal weight of 100lbs .. i am 124lbs now.. for now i just want to reach 110lbs and then revealuate maybe.. i am 20 btw.. i would love to add people of my height as i am confused too about my UGW.. but i think it varies for everybody..
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you want. I'm 53, goal weight between 123-128. I was up to 163 so I think staying in the 120s is reasonable for me. I was as low as 100 after losing weight during military boot camp but I couldn't maintain that weight. Everyone is different though. I lost 35+ lbs by staying around 1200 cals for 8 months and gradually increasing. I exercised 6 days a week, bike or run, but I didn't usually eat back my calories (some days the exercise compensated for higher calorie intake 1-2x a week). I'm now maintaining on around 1300 cals a day but not exercising as often because I'm mostly running and I can't run 6 days a week. If I add biking back, I could do it 6x. I found DVDs boring since I couldn't multitask -- I can watch TV while running and biking on a trainer stand, but not doing a DVD (obviously). A big key to this is using finding your correct TDEE and subtracting 10-15% (not 20% since you don't have that much to lose). Watch your nutrition. Recommend you eat mostly good calories not empty sugar calories -- when I did that I was not as hungry as I was when I ate sugar or high carb foods. Eat more protein and complex carbs.
  • Deathlylooks
    Options
    I'm 5'1' with a long way to go, feel free to add me
  • Elsapie93
    Elsapie93 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm 4'11' got 11lbs to lose still! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm short for a man.....5'8! :laugh:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1", 29 y/o, i'm about 117 lbs currently, and would really like to get down to 100. but if i can maintain comfortably at 105 lbs or below, i'm cool with that too.
  • amyrrich96
    amyrrich96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well!
    My current goal is about 125 but we'll see how I feel once I meet that :) I'm very active on MFP and love to help motivate my friends.

I added you!!

Edit: I just looked at your profile and we're so similar. College students, 5'2, cw is about 150, goals are similar. :p Hope we can help motivate each other!
  • wendybirdgirl
    wendybirdgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, 47 yrs. old, and want to weigh 125. I have about 24 lbs. to lose. I work out 4 or 5 times a week, and I lose about one pound per week. It feels incredibly SLOW.

Things I hate about being short: hemming pants, looking sort of spherical, adjusting the driver's seat WAY forward, decorating the top of a Christmas tree.

Things I like about being short: I am actually pretty cute, I can rock some seriously high heels, I never tower over my husband, I have little munchkin feet.

We are short, but mighty! We can all achieve our goals.
  • whitbynurse
    Options
    Hey there, shorty here as well! I'm new to MFP and so far am loving it, I will add you. If anybody wants to add me go ahead I need some motivating friends. I'm near Toronto, Canada. 37 yrs old 5 ft 1 . SW 145, CW 141, and GW 115 (not sure if that's going to be a realistic goal as I've never seen under 130 since I was a teen but I'm gonna see how I look/feel once I get to 125 and decide then)
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, it's for short women! I thought my 5ft 8 frame was on for a support group for a minute!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, it's for short women! I thought my 5ft 8 frame was on for a support group for a minute!

:flowerforyou: You are still tall in my eyes!

5'2" also and UGW will vary from person to person and is directly related to a person's body composition. I got down to 125 last year with an UGW of 121, but realized going even 4 lbs lower would put me at close to 15-17% BF, and I had no desire to get that low (I was about 20% at the time). I bounced back up to 143 at the end of last year and have been working on losing BF and inches rather than worrying what the scale is saying. I bounced back closer to 30% BF and have a goal BF% between 22-25%. The first time, I hadn't really considered what my UGW would be related to composition since I had never focused on losing fat over just "weight" on a scale. Now I am doing things to preserve Lean Body Mass (LBM) and focus on a slower loss that is mostly fat loss. So as far as UWG right now, I think 128-130 with ~25% body fat is my goal. For me, I like the idea of focusing on body composition and how I look rather than a number on a device only I will see. If I look good at 130 then so be it. It isn't like I we have our weight broadcasting out to the world.
  • jenniferevon
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my doctor set my goal at 138. I'm shooting for 135-140. Always looking for active MFP friends.
  • Str0ng_Heart
    Options
    5'1 here! GW looking to be 120! 190 now.. :-) Feel free to add me, us shorties gotta stick together!
  • Christinelmt78
    Options
    Im also 5'2 I currently weigh 122 and my goal weight is between 116-118... I will be 36 in a few short weeks, trying to lose the extra winter pounds and and to tone up before the summer.. Feel free to add me
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5'0 here! I'm 25 and my CW is 115 and my GW is 105. I'll see how I look at feel at that weight and figure out my next plan. Feel free to add me :)
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    *puts hand up..."present"
    I am 37 years old
    I am 4' 10 1/4"
    Starting weight 169. Joined MFP in May 2013.
    Current weight 129.
    Ideal weight is 105 (yeah okay, maybe when I was twelve)
    My goal weight is 115.

Go half pints!!!!!!!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 5'3" and looking to lose another 13 pounds to get to my goal weight of 130. Don't know if that will be my final resting point, since that will be the lowest weight I've reached as an adult. But I'm excited about my progress so far and I'm always looking for new friends! :-)
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm 5' 3", 19, 105 pounds, and I don't have a goal weight, but a goal body. For the past 5 weeks I've been losing body fat and building muscle in my first-ever real attempt for a body I can be proud of. Lookin to build some of them muscles. By the end of this I'm gonna look like a super hero.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my doctor set my goal at 138. I'm shooting for 135-140. Always looking for active MFP friends.

That's my goal weight too, more because it's about the lightest I've ever been as an adult so I know it is achievable.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    5 foot nothin right here. Original goal was 130 but I think I will shoot for 120-125 since I'm within 5 pounds of original goal and don't think I will be satisfied at 130.

anyone feel free to add me.