Your favorite "quick and easy" breakfast

Options

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    McDonalds large coffee, 2 Splenda, 1%white milk jug, side of scrambled eggs, 1 pat margarine. I keep a bottle of sugar free Torani syrup in my car. To dose my drive thru latte. 210 cals, 5 min in drive thru, $3
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats cooked overnight, pre-boiled egg, cottage cheese, and a chicken sausage.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    A serving of Total cereal with 1/2 sliced banana on top and 1% milk, and a hard boiled egg, except I have to divide the egg yoke 3 ways to split with my 2 dogs. :tongue:
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothie

I weigh everything out, which takes a min, but it always has:

Either Spinach or Kale
    Strawberries
    Blueberries or Mango
    Lemon Juice
    Coconut Oil
    Milk
    Protein Powder
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    english muffin (flavor of which can vary - i found banana bread english muffins in the grocery recently and they are delicious), toasted + 1 - 1.5 servings of PB spread on top, and if i'm pretty hungry and have one on hand, i'll slice a banana and put some on top. very tasty, easy, and quick.

i was doing scrambled eggs + turkey bacon in the mornings, but the toasted english muffin + PB has always been a really nice staple for me.

oh, and coffee. lots of coffee. black, with 2-3 splendas. also water. always water.

ETA: calorie count for english muffin bit can range from about 340 - 520ish. for the scrambled eggs and turkey bacon, i usually did 3 eggs scrambled and 4 slices of bacon, so ran me up to about 370 or so.
  • SarahVanD
    Options
    I know this sounds gross, but hear me out.

First off, if you don't own one of these, do yourself a favor and go buy one! They are so great. Here's the link:
    http://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-dark-gray-breakfast-sandwich-maker/-/A-14437927?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|14437927&CPNG=Appliances&kpid=14437927&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14437927&gclid=CN7UntD_9LwCFe87MgodZiIAPQ

I use a Thomas Triple Health English Muffin, Egg White, Land-O-Frost Canadian Bacon, Kraft 2% Singles (Swiss), and here comes the kicker -- a tiny little bit of peanut butter! Lots of protein and so good! A great tip is to use butter flavored Crisco spray. I spray it on the muffin, it gets it crispy and buttery flavor but absolutely zero calories!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Quick and Easy = 15 almonds and 5 brazil nuts (200 calories)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with a 2% cheesestick
    toasted whole wheat waffles with a schmear of almond butter
    fried egg and a high fiber english muffin
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    quest bar

but my breakfast is never quick and easy so I always have Pancakes!!!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wow!! So many great ideas.... Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. I love variety!
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    quest bar

but my breakfast is never quick and easy so I always have Pancakes!!!
    I love pancakes, but you're right - not quick and easy if you are making them from scratch :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    I know this sounds gross, but hear me out.

First off, if you don't own one of these, do yourself a favor and go buy one! They are so great. Here's the link:
    http://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-dark-gray-breakfast-sandwich-maker/-/A-14437927?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|14437927&CPNG=Appliances&kpid=14437927&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14437927&gclid=CN7UntD_9LwCFe87MgodZiIAPQ

I use a Thomas Triple Health English Muffin, Egg White, Land-O-Frost Canadian Bacon, Kraft 2% Singles (Swiss), and here comes the kicker -- a tiny little bit of peanut butter! Lots of protein and so good! A great tip is to use butter flavored Crisco spray. I spray it on the muffin, it gets it crispy and buttery flavor but absolutely zero calories!
    Sounds delish!
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My recent favorite is Greek yogurt with coffee. :-)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My favourite is a potato waffle and a poached/fried egg, and a small bowl of berries.
  • hauks
    hauks Posts: 1
    Options
    Low fat Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries or blueberries and golden flax seed.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Here is mine:

One Egg scrambled
    One 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sticks, 1
    One Mission Carb Balance Fajita Size 10 grams Fiber tortilla

I scramble the egg in a mug and microwave for one minute with the cheese and then put it in the tortilla.

High protein and high fiber. Less than 250 calories and keeps me full for a few hours.

What is your favorite "quick and easy " breakfast?

Thank you for this! I tried it this morning and I loved it. I cut the slice of cheese in half and it was only 210 calories :)
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Stirred together:
    1c O organics 1% lowfat plain yogurt
    1/2 c frozen plain blueberries
    1 Fuji apple chopped
    2 walnuts chopped
    5 packets stevia or sucralose sweetener

476 cal 15g protein

Chopping and combining that stuff is quicker than it sounds; but if I am really in a hurry I just grab 2 cups of Silk Soy Milk Plain With Dha Omega 3 (200cal 14g protein) maybe plus an apple (130cal 1g protein) and that is breakfast.
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Multi grain English muffin with Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese and fruit
    1/4 cup oats with berries & honey
    Scrambled egg and turkey sausage
    or a mix of any/all 3
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Here is mine:

One Egg scrambled
    One 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sticks, 1
    One Mission Carb Balance Fajita Size 10 grams Fiber tortilla

I scramble the egg in a mug and microwave for one minute with the cheese and then put it in the tortilla.

High protein and high fiber. Less than 250 calories and keeps me full for a few hours.

What is your favorite "quick and easy " breakfast?

i had no idea you could microwave an egg. crazy talk. for me theres no such thing as quick and easy, unless i have [delicious] greek yogurt in the house. or cereal. toasting a piece of bread itself is just so much effort when youi're tired and groggy in the mornings.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My favorite is just a simple cup of yogurt (whatever flavor I'm feeling for the day) with granola and some sort of fruit all mixed together! YUMMY! :)