what's your weekday go-to breakfast?

Options
kikiboniki
kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
I recently started to make 5 jars of refrigerator oatmeal on Sunday and eat them throughout the week

ingredients:
1/4 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
1/4 cup 2% greek yogurt plain
1/2 vanilla coconut milk (trader joes)
1.5 T pb2
.5 T chia seeds
1/2 C frozen berries, defrosted and squished

I add all the ingredients to the jars, and shake em up real good! Thats it, and I think its pretty awesome! The pb2 and sweetened coconut milk take care of any bitterness from the yogurt. The berries are there for flavor and bulk! It really keeps me full all morning.

stats: 18 G protein, 359 calories, 12 sugar, 13 fiber.

Replies

• taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i do the same thing every day - 40g of Uncle Toby's uncooked oats with nonfat milk. On Fridays I mix in a capful of maple syrup... or two ;)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    One Egg scrambled
    One half Cheddar Cheese Slice
    One Mission Carb Balance Fajita Size 10 grams Fiber tortilla

Its 210 calories. I'm thinking of adding a slice of ham. Or you could double the egg and the cheese and make it 310 calories.
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    4 fried egg whites. Cup of coffee. Boring but it holds me over until snack break at 10.
  • snoodled
    snoodled Posts: 57
    Options
    Egg white scramble, bacon and toast
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Before workout at 6AM 1 slice raisin toast.
    After workout, about 1.5 hrs later greek yogurt, berries of some sort and a 1/4 cup Special K cereal on top. I have to have that crunch----so satisfying.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 scoop of protein powder
    6 egg whites
    1 cup yogurt

And I forgot to mention!

COFFEE!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or greek yogurt with fruit.
  • Bikerbabes007
    Options
    One piece of toast and one egg poached in the microwave. Or, one piece of toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I go to bed late so try to have all my meals later. Snack about 9:30am-10:30am is probably a piece of fruit or a yoghurt. Breakfast is a couple of hours later and either Greek yoghurt and honey or homemade breakfast muffins. The muffins have everything in them, apple, banana, walnuts, seeds, blueberries.. and cut it down the recipe in parts so it's only 166cal a pop.
  • JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs
    2 slices bacon
    2 cups of coffee
    1 banana

I only cook the eggs and bacon once a week, so this is ready to go in about two minutes.
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Options
    Whole wheat tortilla -80 Cal
    1 egg
    1/2 green pepper
    3oz mushrooms
    slice of cheese

after 2 months, it still hasn't gotten old. it's easy to eat in the car.
    somedays, i add avocado.
  • ordinaryloser
    ordinaryloser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1 slice of multigrain bread (toasted) split in half
    5.3 tbsps of large egg whites
    1 slice of butterball bacon
    2oz of roasted turkey breast
    2 to 4 banana peppers
    1 cup of sauteed fajita veggies (sometimes)
    1 slice of mild cheddar cheese melted (sometimes)

Quick & easy (easily less than 10 minutes), filled with protein, some carbs (most which are good due to veggies when i use em) & I'm out the door. Have it in the afternoon as a snack sometimes when I want to too.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Pork sausage, 1 egg, sometimes a slice of cheese, sometimes some avocado. If its a lifting day, then I also do a protein shake with almond milk.

2 months strong and it still hasn't gotten old. I pre-cook my sausage, and then microwave the egg at work. :)
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel toast with fat free cottage cheese and grape tomatos..and lots of black pepper.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    It was an over-easy egg or two with an English muffin and various fixings (sometimes a slice of ham or bacon, sometimes cheese and tomato) but in maintenance I've branched out a little. Frozen whole-grain waffles, egg muffins with veggies and cheese, more ham (I love fried ham in the morning), fresh fruit, and yogurt have all hit the rotation lately. I just combine two or three of these in various ways depending on what sounds most appealing.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Supermarket Pizza with extra meat has been a regular one recently,
    (Get some carbs/protein in pre workout and I seem to do better after eating a bit more - I may leave some until later.)
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    One banana + one eggwhite... mixed up and fried like a pancake.. I add peanut butter once it's cooked.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    2 pats butter
    2 tsp brown sugar
    Sweet italian creamer for my coffee

Been my go to for about a year. Easy but it doesn't always hold me over until lunch especially if I go to the gym early in the day. Really need to consider something with eggs. Hmmmm.
  • mtec1971
    mtec1971 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One day I fix instant oatmeal with a cup of hot tea, the next I exchange the oatmeal for instant cream of wheat.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Cooked in a non stick pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil or sometimes 5 grams of butter - a handful of baby spinach, one or two eggs, pre-microwaved potato sliced (or one slice of plain-wrap basic wholemeal bread) and sliced tomato, lots of black pepper - filling, seems to help stop me eating sweet stuff during the day.

Sometimes add a little BBQ sauce just for a change.

Depending on what I eat (i.e. how many eggs, size of potato) varies between about 200-325 calories.

PS My cholesterol is fine