• Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1 banana
    water - at least 1/3 cup
    nuke it in the micro for 4 - 5 minutes

Serve with 3 tablespoons yoghurt - sometimes greek depends what is in the fridge.

If you can stand your oatmeal runny then more water and less time in the micro.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've been making crustless quiches with eggs, egg whites, peppers, onions, cheese, sausage/ham. I just cut a piece and microwave it.

Overnight oats
    Greek yogurt with berries, pb2, whatever I feel like
    Bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon
    Ricotta pudding (I add milk and some instant pudding mix, and some fruit sometimes too - excellent with frozen fruit and left in the fridge overnight)
    I did breakfast burritos for a while - cheese, microwaved egg, two breakfast sausage links in a tortilla

When I have more time

Croque-Madame (ham and swiss open faced sandwich toasted with a fried egg on top
    Protein pancakes
    Crepes (typically I put ham and swiss in it, or jam/nutella)
    Oatmeal

Yeah I like variety.
  • Evelynnn2014
    Options
    1/2 cup (raw) oatmeal, but cooked of course. With 2 teaspoons Splenda brown sugar blend and 1/4 cup 1% milk. (And COFFEE! with 1/4 cup whole milk.) Satisfying and holds me for 2 to 3 hours. I couldn't enjoy this on my previous low carb diet, but I can with MFP! : ) It all equals 253 calories.
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with maple syrup or honey, and cinnamon, mixed with a chopped apple and 1/4 cup raw old fashioned oats

1 cup cottage cheese with a grapefruit

PB and banana on whole wheat toast

Used to eat a lot of overnight oats, but tired of them.
  • karen1105mfp
    karen1105mfp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Smoothie every single morning. I LOVE my Vitamix! Base is always a cup of coconut milk. I add in 1-2 servings of fruit (usually mixed berries and a small chunk of banana) and 1-2 servings of veggies (kale, spinach, cucumber are my go-to veggies) and 1 tbsp. chia seeds.
  • HMN777
    HMN777 Posts: 1
    Options
    I always drink hot tea or lemon water first thing followed with my new favorite chia seed pudding. I make on Sunday and it lasts me through the week. Very easy, healthy, and is full of protein and fiber so its very filling. I switch up the fruit topping I use. Blueberry is my favorite and gives me the extra boost of antioxidants. I will also sometimes add 1 tsp Acai powder to search serving before I eat.

Recipe can be found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chia-seed-pudding.html
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I eat after I get to work, so I need something fast and easy. I have a protein bar.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I make 2 quarts of steel cut oatmeal weekly. The soak overnight and cook for 20 minutes kind. I scoop some out daily top it with peanut butter and nuke it. I have a little fruit with it. I save my sugar for chocolate.
  • pankdrogger
    pankdrogger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually mix all this up Sunday night because quinoa takes so long to fully cook and expand, but I end up with:
    - quinoa
    - ground flax seed
    - chia seed
    - honey
    - soy milk if available. sometimes it's homemade almond milk, other times it's just water

I just reheat it on the stove. If I wind up with more water or milk, I'll toss a bit of oatmeal in to soak the rest up. It ends up begin a little over 4 tbsp total and around 220-300 calories.

Sometimes if I feel like doing something savoury in the morning, I cut the honey and drop an egg in to cook.
  • MissSeeKay
    MissSeeKay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right now it's: 1 whole egg, scrambled with salsa (and cilantro if I've got it), half an English muffin, coffee. Other days, it's ⅓ cup of homemade muesli with ⅓ cup low-fat yogurt and maybe a half cup of fresh berries (if I've got any); sometimes it's reheated oatmeal with toasted cocoanut and almonds, cherry-flavoured craisins and almond milk. Still working on creating a healthy breakfast muffin that can be frozen.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Coffee with milk
    Two bananas
    Two containers Greek yogurt
    1 slice whole grain bread toasted and topped with peanut butter
    Protein shake
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup (dry measured) oatmeal cooked ( makes 1 cup) mix with about 15 raisins and some cinnamon and brown sugar....mmmm....
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with peanut butter with either a banana or tea.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile I'll make this on a weekday, but usually on weekends (when I have more time), I make this (imagine it stacked up, from bottom to top): 0.5 english muffin, 1 tbs chevre, 0.25 avocado, 1 slice of tomato, a little red onion, a poached egg, raw spinach, and 1 tbs salsa. The whole thing is ~250 calories, 25 g of protein. I'll have one or two depending on my plan for the day.

Weekdays: either a slice of toast with chevre and smoked salmon, or a packet of oatmeal, depending on how much time I have.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1/2 cup egg whites scrambled, and 1 cup tea. Or a protein shake for breakfast. This keeps me going until a 10am snack.
  • laurenrrogers
    laurenrrogers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a protein shake with banana. Every. Single. Morning. (of course if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't be drinking it)
  • elisethepoet
    Options
    When I first get up (7:00):
    A homemade Americano (two shots of espresso) with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
    A Chobani (6 oz) with fruit on the bottom.
    A pint of iced ginger tea (which really helps my digestion).

Before work (around 10:30):
    Either an egg, a bagel with cream cheese (if I know it will be a while before I can eat again), plain oatmeal with coconut milk, or almonds.
  • HappinessFreedomForever
    Options
    Strawberry yogurt with vanilla and blueberry clusters, almonds, and grapes with a glass of unsweetened organic soy milk. Sometimes 2 boiled eggs. Sometimes whole wheat blueberry pancakes with some whole raspberry syrup. And a Gevalia Cafe Creations K-cup usually every morning. A glass of soy milk really keeps me full. I feel like yogurt and milk are awesome in keeping me full and losing weight.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Cereal or a smoothie. My cereal is mini shredded wheat n' bran, coconut yogurt, sliced almonds, shredded unsweetened coconut and blueberries and or strawberries. My smoothie is usually 2 fruits (one being a banana), 2 servings of veggies (one being kale or spinach), spirulina, matcha, fish oil, scoop of whey protein. I call it my kitchen sink smoothie as who knows what else I might add to it depending on the day... chia seeds, flax seeds, cocoa powder, PB2, coffee concentrate that I make.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like old fashioned oatmeal with Flaxseed Oil, Protein Powder and lots of cinnamon.